Login

russian armor

Axis vs Allies

5 Jan 2015, 08:12 AM

I think this would be a cool idea for a tournament, if Relic decides to hold one. The MOBA game, League of Legends, had some official tournaments where top players were invited to play as a certain side (lore matches). The developers then created an in-game item that was inspired by the faction the winning team chose.

This would be a cool idea for a 1v1 tournament in COH2. Several players could sign up to play either as Axis or Allies. They would then play several maps and matches. In the end, whichever side gets the most wins will be declared the winner. The prize could be an Axis or Allied themed faceplate (or anything else, like camo) that would then be awarded to the COH2 playerbase.
6 Jan 2015, 06:14 AM

bump
6 Jan 2015, 06:43 AM

Interesting idea, but I think we know which side would win...
6 Jan 2015, 07:50 AM

Depends of the format, if it is 1v1 and Wehrmacht has to play 50% of Axis matches, the outcome is not that obvious.
6 Jan 2015, 08:15 AM

Having in view that is 1v1, I wouldn't bet my money on none of the 2 sides. In 1v1 the balance problems are quite small and it's mostly about knowing the map verry well, your micro and your experience in 1v1 with all factions.
6 Jan 2015, 08:42 AM

If Axis win, everyone gets the grey armor skin. If Allies win everyone gets a nuclear bomb victory strike.
6 Jan 2015, 08:47 AM

I like this idea. CoH2 really needs something to keep the MP alive and competitive. An idea I had would be to reset the leader boards every month for 1v1s and 2v2s. Then at the end of the mouth the top 100 people or so get a faceplate. I'm no computer programmer, but making original faceplates would be easy.
6 Jan 2015, 08:51 AM

I like this idea. CoH2 really needs something to keep the MP alive and competitive. An idea I had would be to reset the leader boards every month for 1v1s and 2v2s. Then at the end of the mouth the top 100 people or so get a faceplate. I'm no computer programmer, but making original faceplates would be easy.

Yeah that is good idea. People should recieve something for playing well
6 Jan 2015, 09:11 AM

Why embarass wehrmacht further by making it play 1 vs 1?
6 Jan 2015, 09:14 AM

Why embarass wehrmacht further by making it play 1 vs 1?
eh
people could just play okw

I have a feeling that the war effort feature that was leaked is something similar to this
6 Jan 2015, 09:24 AM

War effort feature? What?
6 Jan 2015, 17:45 PM

War effort feature? What?

it was accidentally leaked in novemeber or december. There was a small pop up window on the bottom left corner of the screen that said "You have contributed to the war effort: bronze". You would get this message if you won a game. When asked about this pop-up, Cynthia said that it was a new thing the developers were working on and it was accidentally put into the live build
6 Jan 2015, 17:58 PM

it was accidentally leaked in novemeber or december. There was a small pop up window on the bottom left corner of the screen that said "You have contributed to the war effort: bronze". You would get this message if you won a game. When asked about this pop-up, Cynthia said that it was a new thing the developers were working on and it was accidentally put into the live build

Wait a minute.. I´m searching that screenshot from another thread. Don´t know anymore which one it was..
6 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

YES! for once, I agree with something you said, Ninja, lol.
6 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

Got it! :) Thread name: "War effort?"

Ninja, do you mean something like this competition?

6 Jan 2015, 18:04 PM

This was accidently posted...
6 Jan 2015, 19:17 PM

Got it! :) Thread name: "War effort?"

Ninja, do you mean something like this competition?

holy crap where did you get that pic? That looks amazing! That looks like persistent multiplayer campaign, something like Shogun 2 or Tom Clancys End War
6 Jan 2015, 21:10 PM

OMG mod y'all. Just sayin
7 Jan 2015, 10:02 AM

holy crap where did you get that pic? That looks amazing! That looks like persistent multiplayer campaign, something like Shogun 2 or Tom Clancys End War

The screenshot was originally posted in the thread "War effort?". One day after it was posted the originally source or link to the picture was deleted (because of NDA?), but the screen was saved in a citation by another user.

As I remember this took place in the Alpha of WFA (?), as shown in the picture. I believe there are enough guys out there, especially here on CoH2.org, who know what this event was all about but sadly can´t tell us about it because of breaking NDA.

I hope that relic will do those "Axis vs Allies Competitions" in multiyplayer similiar to this "war effort" event or in another form. It would be a lot of fun and hopefully would increase the CoH2 player amount.
7 Jan 2015, 11:07 AM

As someone who recently did a 2v2 tournament I don't think balance is your primary issue. Rather you'll run into the problem of having to find and equal number of people who play both factions.

If you are scraping the barrel to get enough on one side you might have to settle for second tier players for that faction.
At the same time having an overwhelming amount of players on the other faction leads you into the problem of who you are going to include.
Will there be cherry-picking perceived good players or will you have a draw? The risk of having sub-par players fighting against really good ones will be there and that might be a problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 159
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak