Login

russian armor

(6 - 8) Red Ball Express

4 Sep 2015, 18:13 PM

Oh i forgot to mention that its an update to the version posted in this topic, so no new download needed.

Is that what you were looking for capiqua? Or are you looking for the vcoh map files?
7 Sep 2015, 08:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

(6 - 8) Red Ball Express

1#.Minor Changues

2#.Minor Changues

3#.Minor Changues

4#.Minor/medium/major changues
7 Sep 2015, 09:48 AM

Thank you capiqua that is some amazing and very detailled feedback!

Some of the things you mentioned have already been implemented and im currently working on the rest.

There are 2 questions I have:

6. The player own the house is easier to capture. It's too prize house+easy capture. This issue happens very often but it is VP important. Move a bit circle capturable.

Just to clarify if Im understanding this correctly: The risk of leaving the building to capture is too low and quickly entering the building if enemy units appear while you are capping is too easy. Moving the capture zone further away will improve the risk/reward ratio. Correct?

19a/b. SouthWest. This area of bushes in the COH1 gave many problems. Suggestion open a road.

Could you please describe what kind of problems/negative gameplay experiences exist due to this hedge?

We are very glad to hear your opinion, thank you a lot!
7 Sep 2015, 14:43 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Correct?

yes

19a/b. SouthWest.

I explained wrong. If the enemy comes to this area it is very difficult to regain it. There are only two entries, made 3rd is better. There just that, the other side do not have this wall of trees. The sector is surrounded on all sides except the inside.

You can leave it with 2 entries, but I look better than have a third.
7 Sep 2015, 17:39 PM

Thank you for your reply!

Im going to relase an update to the map with most of the things you mentioned changed and some other improvments in a few minutes.

Were still deciding wether to add a 3rd entrance to the area described in 19.
28 Sep 2015, 10:24 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This weekend could see RBE in AutoMatch and looked very small, excess nature objects. The remake has a lot more color and is better adapted and balanced to coh2.

There are things that I approve in COH1 and things that do not. Compared to COH1 I will give some general advice:
-In coh1 the 95% of the fences are naked. Here in remake bushes would be removed near fences.
-In coh1 trees tall and lonely (2 trees together not) in the relic's maps are not together. Excess birch, elms no hide troops, but hidden from the eyes of the player; roads, steps to capture circle, are very close objects (bushes, tallfences)
-Remake there are sets of between 10 to 20 objects that form a block of trees, on official maps of coh2 sometimes used, but here I dont see that good and shortens the playable spaces.
-Mounting objects is often used (fence+bush), but mounting many objects together gives a sense of small map
-In the middle remake there are little spaces for camping.

RBE liked it was very open, with these changes will look wider and on the issue balance the players fight face to face will as RBE original. It was a 3v3 map but the strategy is in place that should be 4th player from each side.
5#. East

6#. West

7#. Middle
28 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

Hey Capiqua,

in fact we have been working on improving the map in the past few days and our current version has a lot of your suggestions implemented in some way or another:

We definitely agreed with the feedback that the current iteration of the map feels too tight and tweaked (and often removed) a lot of key objects to make it more open.

We did not, however, remove all groves or shotblockers: Some of them were made smaller, replaced with objects that can be destroyed over the course of the game (so the map "opens up" while you play) or were replaced with regular cover objects.

While RBE is definitely supposed to be an open map we feel that some sight/shotblockers simply make gameplay more interesting. But as you said: Before there were just too many of them.

Were going to look into the changes you suggested and upload an updated version of the map to the workshop today.

Thank you very much for your (again) very detailed feedback!
8 Oct 2015, 00:45 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The current automatch Redball, is infinitely more interesting than than the vCoH version- 3v3 - apart from the fact that the RHS loses some interest by its reduced elevation.

The real issue, ofc, is the mansion on the RHS, which is currently bugged.

Please do not defoliate/reduce the middle, to the desert of the original vCoH. :(
8 Oct 2015, 19:35 PM

apart from the fact that the RHS loses some interest by its reduced elevation.

Im personally always veeery careful with elevation. Visually I often feel that its quite excessive in some maps, but most importantly I dislike the potential gameplay-issues that come with it:
Units shooting against small hills (that arent always easy to spot in the heat of action) etc.

Might just be me though, I do agree that the higher position on the vCoH version looked really nice though.

The real issue, ofc, is the mansion on the RHS, which is currently bugged.

Unfortunately, we cannot fix the building itself. The object itself is bugged (on every map). What we did do however, is replace it with a different building in our workshop version and at the same time improved gameplay around the building.

Please do not defoliate/reduce the middle, to the desert of the original vCoH. :(

As long as I have a say in the development of the map, thats not going to happen! :D
6 Aug 2017, 08:28 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

1 Sep 2017, 21:16 PM

Are you still here?
Can you make this fixes?

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62688/tweak-6-8-redball/page/1#post_id624230

I am in fact still here, but did not realize that you quoted me until now.

I cant open your link either, is it still active?

Also, I assume this was supposed to be for the now cancelled community patch?
1 Sep 2017, 22:06 PM

6.West North-Total near fuel there is 2 green cover - 2 sturmpio stay behide it = no unit in the beging can charge at it. Unbalanced.Should be removed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★