Login

russian armor

Tactical Map too clustered...

7 Jan 2015, 06:09 AM
Patrion 14

The delay is most pronounced on the first open, but it's still there every time you open it, and even every time you close it. Part of that could be because I used AHK to bind it to CTRL+S of course.

I'm using AHK to bind hte map to the space bar and i noticed the delay when opening it, too.
I can't test it right now but is the delay while using AHK indeed longer?
7 Jan 2015, 08:27 AM
Donator 33

I just rebind my mouse button to num0 with Logitech software, and there's no delay after the first time, if that helps.

The first time delay can really mess things up though. If I'm only giving the game half my attention and don't open the tactical map until 10 mins into the game during a busy fight, it'll freeze for 5-10 seconds, sometimes more.
15 Jan 2015, 10:06 AM

I'm with everyone else on this issue. I relied heavily on the tax map in vcoh, but absolutely can not stand to use it in coh2.

it's just so messy and cluttered and the 2 second delay EVERY TIME you open and close it is very frustrating
15 Jan 2015, 10:18 AM

Delay can be very annoying, on that I'll agree. I just wish I could have it permanently open on one of my alternate monitor. I swear this would be one of COH2's coolest features if we could do it.

...Wait strike that ppl with single monitor setup would call it OP or cheating or some BS.
15 Jan 2015, 10:22 AM

As someone who actively made the transition from a mini mapper user to tactical map (I probably flick it on every few secs and issue allot of move orders via it), yeah it could definitely use some functional improvements imo. I actually tend to suffer micro wise in anything above 1's these days, as my reliance upon the tac map is a bit detrimental when its a cluster shop of everything on the tac map in the bigger games.

WFA made this worse...!

15 Jan 2015, 10:44 AM

we told them in beta, it's still shit now

what a surprise
15 Jan 2015, 20:20 PM
Patrion 27

Why don't your own unit shields on the tac map sit on top of enemy shields? I can't think of a valid reason why enemy and ally units are selectable on the tac map to begin with.
18 Jan 2015, 01:53 AM
Patrion 14

this is a tac map from my map. you can see there still some wasted space which i intend to remove.

now look at tac map of one of the official relic map, kholodny summer.

just look at those space wasted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS