Login

russian armor

OKW sdkfz 251/17 Flak Halftrack

2 Jan 2015, 19:47 PM

How does community feel about this?

Free smoke, excellent scatter, nearly instant pin, slaughters infantry in secs

taken from 1 of fortune match
2 Jan 2015, 19:49 PM

it has a set up time unlike the usf AA halftrack.
2 Jan 2015, 20:24 PM

Ok if your opponent goes T1. Still risky though because guards could catch it before it sets up and put some hurt on it. Two or three conscripts can easily handle.

A fine glass cannon. How do you feel about it?
2 Jan 2015, 20:24 PM

It instantly loses a lot of its impact the moment a single AT gun appears, which makes it combined with the long setup time very hard to use beyond the early phases of the game. It also still has a lot of trouble with terrain blocking shots.

If it works it is obviously very powerful, but the American one seems more reliable and you will have to retreat your infantry against both vehicles if you cannot force it off quickly.
2 Jan 2015, 20:36 PM

Ok if your opponent goes T1. Still risky though because guards could catch it before it sets up and put some hurt on it. Two or three conscripts can easily handle.

A fine glass cannon. How do you feel about it?

Guards at best would shoot one volley because of the dance of native guard people they always need to perform before shooting, which involves squatting, rolling and random cover changing.

Not saying there is anything wrong with Flak HT, just guards are so ineffective against vehicles, even light ones, that they even lost their description text that used to say they are effective against light armor.
2 Jan 2015, 21:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First of all: Langres with south spawn.

it has a set up time unlike the usf AA halftrack.

Problem is that they introduce a bug where each time you set an attack move order it starts it's setup time on the move.
2 Jan 2015, 21:17 PM
Patrion 14

well, seeing how it can set up move, making it able to effectively bypass the set up time in many cases, i think this unit is absolutely ridiculous with damage against inf and pin speed.

i also find it relatively easy to keep alive unless ambushed by two at guns at the same time.

not sure if it is op though.
2 Jan 2015, 21:34 PM

its a pretty strong unit with the added late game utility that it really effectively shoots down p47s and il2s, but is basically hard countered by AT guns and most light armor. hell, you can kill it with 3 AT nades if you charge at it from different directions.
3 Jan 2015, 03:05 AM

its a pretty strong unit with the added late game utility that it really effectively shoots down p47s and il2s, but is basically hard countered by AT guns and most light armor. hell, you can kill it with 3 AT nades if you charge at it from different directions.

in that match, he hardcounter Zis guns.

smoke and attack ground. Since Zis gun or any other at guns cant move, a magazine would kill of nearly all of the crew. That zis didnt even return fire
3 Jan 2015, 03:20 AM

i think its fine but they should get rid of that bug where it can move at half setup
3 Jan 2015, 03:35 AM
Patrion 28

it's OP with attack move (it has no setup time and roughly a second of teardown) and it's shit without it. the damage should be reduced, it should have no teardown, the smoke should cost mun like every other one, and it might need a setup buff. oh, and a-move shouldn't break the unit design.
3 Jan 2015, 13:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jan 2015, 03:05 AMy3ivan

in that match, he hardcounter Zis guns.

smoke and attack ground. Since Zis gun or any other at guns cant move, a magazine would kill of nearly all of the crew. That zis didnt even return fire

At guns have attack ground too.
3 Jan 2015, 13:43 PM
Patrion 14

I suppose the main thing is the fuel investment - if OKW sink their early fuel into this vehicle that means no Puma and no Werfer for a while.

A T-70 would ruin it's day. Sadly that involves building T3 and teching is *soooo* un-meta nowadays for Soviets.
3 Jan 2015, 14:05 PM

I hate units with some many bullets per burst.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is historical mistake in game or look at last sentence.
We have 251/17 flak, right? Well, this version was ONLY AA unit.
In game we have version made for Luftwafe (you can figure this out thanks to opening sides ).
First version was unable to engage infantry with main gun, only MG.
Version for Luftwafe was able to attack ground objects.
But there is one problem. Only 11-15 were made!
So I'm asking, how the hell such rare unit gets into game?!
Same for Luchs (143) and in III 1945 there were less than 200 of PzII (not Luchs) so we can guess than number of Luchs at that time was a way under 100.
What's more, it was a scout unit (sneaky mode) but in game we have infantry-terminator.
Sturmtiger, Ostwid... Someone in Relic's HQ must love Nazis units...
3 Jan 2015, 19:24 PM

The OP part of this unit comes in were if you micro it right no infantry unit will ever get within 30 feet of it due to insta supress/wipe, but you can never leave it alone or it will shoot the ground or just one unit while 5 others charge in with grenades.
6 Jan 2015, 10:23 AM

You can only kill this thing if your opponent screws up and overextends, which some do tend to do as it can be a murder machine. On open maps you will not get near it. OKW can simply use inf to protect flanks and provide vision. If at risk just back it up.

As sov all you can do is bunch all your units together, supported by two at guns and kind off try to hold your ground. You may damage it but try and push to kill it and you may well loose your at guns and a couple of squads

When going Sov t1, build t2 straight after scout car hits the field because most competent players build the flak halftrack in response to m3..
6 Jan 2015, 10:33 AM

First of all: Langres with south spawn.

Problem is that they introduce a bug where each time you set an attack move order it starts it's setup time on the move.

They didn't introduce it, it's been there since the alpha/beta just never fixed.
6 Jan 2015, 11:24 AM

Apart from the setup on the move bug I think it's fine. Afaik smoke is it's vet1 ability no? maybe that should cost ammo too (didn't notice that it's free).
6 Jan 2015, 11:30 AM

Apart from the setup on the move bug I think it's fine. Afaik smoke is it's vet1 ability no? maybe that should cost ammo too (didn't notice that it's free).

Yes it is Vet1.
6 Jan 2015, 11:30 AM

I hate units with some many bullets per burst.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there is historical mistake in game or look at last sentence.
We have 251/17 flak, right? Well, this version was ONLY AA unit.
In game we have version made for Luftwafe (you can figure this out thanks to opening sides ).
First version was unable to engage infantry with main gun, only MG.
Version for Luftwafe was able to attack ground objects.
But there is one problem. Only 11-15 were made!
So I'm asking, how the hell such rare unit gets into game?!
Same for Luchs (143) and in III 1945 there were less than 200 of PzII (not Luchs) so we can guess than number of Luchs at that time was a way under 100.
What's more, it was a scout unit (sneaky mode) but in game we have infantry-terminator.
Sturmtiger, Ostwid... Someone in Relic's HQ must love Nazis units...

Andy why exactly should this gun be unable to shoot at groundtargets? Highexplosive fragmentation rounds are pretty nasty vs soft targets.

What else would you like to have? a faction that consists of worn down infanftry, a few trucks and horses, some at-guns, p4 stug and panther exclusively? Not exactly fun to play...

It's a game get over it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 54
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak