Login

russian armor

Rework OKW to be more "Authentic"

2 Jan 2015, 22:40 PM

Permanently Banned
too much, just nurf obers and shreks

buff okw support weapons
2 Jan 2015, 22:44 PM

i find it makes me feel better to tell myself that this is not a WWII game; it's an RTS that happens to use the same unit appearances as WWII.

Holy crap i do the same. Its only relation to WWII is the appearance of units.
2 Jan 2015, 23:53 PM

Well, I reckon that was a design feature: You have to make hard decisions when it comes to truck/vehicle choice with OKW.

Unfortunately there isn't much choice anyway, due to the limitations imposed upon you, it's Panther or Bust. Pumas are great but in the end they are just Heavy Armoured Cars, not Tanks. The Jagdpanzer and Raketenwerfer don't perform very well and require a lot of babysitting. And speaking of Tanks, there are no Medium Tanks, leaving the Panther as the core of the army unless they can afford a Tiger II.
3 Jan 2015, 00:07 AM

P4? no one uses that crap anymore since it gets outclassed by Allies callins and the mighty Hackson, right now is what guy above me said, PANTHER OR GG.
3 Jan 2015, 04:46 AM

I can't agree with you. The OKW is extremely authentic if we exclude the fact that Panzer Viers were more common than Panthers. Volksgrenadiers represent the both the experienced soldiers(Who fought from the Spanish Civil War all the way up until the Battle of the Bulge and etc) as well as fresh recruits; this reflects in the fact that they're just "good" and not bad or extremely good. The Obersoldaten represent the experienced elite Nazi troops who fought in every campaign in WW2, and as such they're extremely good units.

The entire faction is well designed I think since the late Wehrmacht(1944) consisted of both inexperienced and extremely experienced troops and officers. The equipment they use as well is extremely authentic(Barring Panzer 4's being doctrinal)since they use a mix of old and new weapons.
3 Jan 2015, 04:58 AM

OKW not having the Panzer IV has a non-doc unit makes no sense, just make it so elite armored gets 2 vet 5 Panzer IV rather than just 2 vet 0-1 Panzer IV.

edit: I mean for garden sake the damn OKW Panzer IV is only slightly better than a t34 and at a 115 fuel would encourage OKW players to actually spend fuel rather than sit on it till they get a King Tiger. Especially since the Panther isn't anywhere near worth the cost.
3 Jan 2015, 05:28 AM

OKW not having the Panzer IV has a non-doc unit makes no sense, just make it so elite armored gets 2 vet 5 Panzer IV rather than just 2 vet 0-1 Panzer IV.

Nah make it so Elite Armoured gets a Panzer IV Ace, it'll be like Ostheer's Panzer IV but Vet 3 and with that awesome paintjob :thumbsup:

I mean for garden sake the damn OKW Panzer IV is only slightly better than a t34 and at a 115 fuel would encourage OKW players to actually spend fuel rather than sit on it till they get a King Tiger. Especially since the Panther isn't anywhere near worth the cost.

Actually the OKW Panzer IV costs 105 fuel, the Ostheer Panzer IV costs 125 but is superior.
3 Jan 2015, 06:11 AM

Relic doesn't care. Its their design "choice" and they will go from there.
3 Jan 2015, 06:34 AM

Nah make it so Elite Armoured gets a Panzer IV Ace, it'll be like Ostheer's Panzer IV but Vet 3 and with that awesome paintjob :thumbsup:

Actually the OKW Panzer IV costs 105 fuel, the Ostheer Panzer IV costs 125 but is superior.

I was wrong about the fuel cost but I know the OKW Panzer IV is only slightly better than a t34 in armor/gun/turret speed. But considering elite armored's other ability 2 vet 5 Panzer IV aces (but still have no side armor or MG until upgraded) makes more sense, as the entire commander is based around making your tanks better.
3 Jan 2015, 08:50 AM
Patrion 28

HEAT shells are basically the same as the bulldozer sherman as far as i can tell... pretty terrible against tanks and great against infantry. the artillery takes 15 seconds to come down, although when it hit's it is decent. too bad allies don't have significant building defenses. signal boost can be useful but it's expensive in a munitions heavy doctrine. pretty bad doctrine overall.
3 Jan 2015, 19:25 PM

HEAT shells just increase penetration which is useful against things like the IS2. Artillery is kinda crap, but the repair ability is extremely helpful if your sturms are busy or very far away. Overall if the Panzer IV's were much cheaper and came in at a earlier CP it would be a good commander.
3 Jan 2015, 20:08 PM

With all these changes we should rename it to something that was very similar to it... Panzer elite :D couh vcoh
3 Jan 2015, 20:28 PM

I never knew what panzer elite were based off of. Ss panzer divisions?
3 Jan 2015, 20:34 PM

Hm, not sure. I know in vCoh they were mobile force, good for offensive sucky for camping.
EDIT: It looks Panzer elite is inspired by Panzer Lehr Division. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Lehr_Division
3 Jan 2015, 20:36 PM

I never knew what panzer elite were based off of. Ss panzer divisions?

Panzer Lehr Recon.
3 Jan 2015, 20:44 PM

Although it would be interesting to see something like panzer elite in coh2, with marder 3 and geschützwagen, wirbelwind, stug with short but big caliber gun that fired HEStuH 42*, maybe even goliath, make it kinda high risk=high reward, glass cannon faction.

3 Jan 2015, 20:49 PM

I can't agree with you. The OKW is extremely authentic if we exclude the fact that Panzer Viers were more common than Panthers. Volksgrenadiers represent the both the experienced soldiers(Who fought from the Spanish Civil War all the way up until the Battle of the Bulge and etc) as well as fresh recruits; this reflects in the fact that they're just "good" and not bad or extremely good. The Obersoldaten represent the experienced elite Nazi troops who fought in every campaign in WW2, and as such they're extremely good units.

The entire faction is well designed I think since the late Wehrmacht(1944) consisted of both inexperienced and extremely experienced troops and officers. The equipment they use as well is extremely authentic(Barring Panzer 4's being doctrinal)since they use a mix of old and new weapons.

1. At the time of the Bulge, Panthers were actually as prevalent as P IVs.
2. Chances of finding a Legion Condor veteran in a Volksgrenadier Division would be miniscule at best. There were not many to start with, and at this stage they would either be hors de combat one way or the other or promoted away from immediate combat duties.
3. Genuine veterans were a scarcity among the enlisted in Volksgrenadier divisions. Some personnel from destroyed/disbanded infantry divisions were included, but these were overwhelmingly from rear-echelon and support duties and had little if any pertinent infanteristic training or experience. The bulk of the personnel were former air force/navy, and while some divisions acquitted themselves reasonably well, the Volksgrenadier formations were by and large a ragtag bunch if there ever was one...
3 Jan 2015, 21:26 PM

Scavenge Doctrine should really give StuG IIIs instead of Ostwinds. Who decided that OKW needed another AA unit anyway? They have 2 types of passive AA by default and that's already 2 more than every other faction. Then they can build a AA HT's and + Panther AA mounts, they don't need another AA vehicle, they need Medium Armour...
3 Jan 2015, 21:55 PM

I would love it if they gave Scavenge doctrine a PIV or StuG, just make sure it comes in at a reasonable CP time, which the Ostwind does not (it comes in way to late).
3 Jan 2015, 22:02 PM

Yeah what is the deal with the Ostwind? OKW has the flak track. OKW needs some mid-game tank. Stug3 or PZ4 would be perfect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight