Login

russian armor

is 20 mm strafe failing to deal real damage to infantry

31 Dec 2014, 04:26 AM

in this game i intentionaly did not took a commander with: shocks/kv8 to explore some different game-play
after losing a long streak of games to okw blobs using balanced army i decided to maxim spam.
it worked to a degree, but still i am very disappointed with the meta

my main complain is with the strafe run, 20mm strafe was nerfed beyond usefulness, it is meant to counter blobs of infantry, if it can't do that then why should it exist?

and generally something is wrong with this game.
1) storming a vet maxim with a blob of infantry head on, should not be a viable tactic. maxims and maybe other mgs too should receive more damage bonus against clustered targets, flanking is not very important anymore because maxim cannot suppress so many units in its arc because it shoots only 1, so others just walk on and overwhelm it
2)(unrelated to replay) a commander should not have elite infantry and the best tank in the game, some choice must be made there should not be commanders that are used in 80% of the matches and others that practically never used
3) generally okw is not fun to play against, in this game i had more pop then my rival in the end game but still at 100 pop cap with 2 is2s i just could not overcome the blob, if i can't defeat my rivals army of mainly blobbed infantry with anti-infantry army composition what is the point then?
4) why volks never drop shreks? dropping weapons is the best punishment against blobbing infantry, was i unlucky or does it makes sense to anyone?

the issue here is not mainly about how to win or about nerfing okw, it is about the uselessness of many units and abilities in the game, which in turn narrows the game into a small set of repetitive tactical choices
150 ammo strafes should tear up infantry just as 150 ammo arty, mgs should suppress clumped up units and so on.
31 Dec 2014, 05:42 AM

4) why volks never drop shreks? dropping weapons is the best punishment against blobbing infantry, was i unlucky or does it makes sense to anyone?

Dropping weapons is not common (unless when it comes to guards) so you were simply unlucky.

However, even the little things matter, and it annoys me that problems in balance and design that have been around for months have not even been acknowledged that any work has been done to make the game better. Im too bored to continue expecting the same outcomes of every game. The design of factions and some units simply dont work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★