Login

russian armor

How to counter fast Sherman?

30 Dec 2014, 04:35 AM

I've been running into this a lot whenever the early game is a bit shaky. Basically, the Sherman HE rounds are ridiculous and it's literally a RNG fight since its shot can wipe full vet, 5 man volks squad easy or take out one model. It's fast enough to dodge pupchens at that stage of the game. How do you counter this if you go medic truck first? Do you just wait until panthers and pray every engagement you don't get a volks squad-shrek wipe?
30 Dec 2014, 05:07 AM

"how to counter fast Sherman" = AT
30 Dec 2014, 14:27 PM

Shrek blob and make the USF cry.
30 Dec 2014, 16:25 PM

Permanently Banned
with faster panther
30 Dec 2014, 17:12 PM

Shreck blobs not working? Kappa
30 Dec 2014, 17:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Jeez guys. Lay off the sarcasm. It's a legitimate question.

Have you tried using the Jagdpanzer, if you've already gone Battlegroup Headquarters? It's a big investment and you'll need to have volks with shrecks nearby to prevent it getting flanked and killed, but at least the Shermans won't be able to focus purely on your infantry. Jagdpanzer is pretty quick and has a good bit of health, so you can even try giving chase with it.

Use at your own risk. Side-effects may include losing all your dudes to paratroopers and M8A1s
30 Dec 2014, 17:57 PM
Benefactor 392

I agree a JP4 brings in a lot of heat with it, i'd suggest practice with it.
30 Dec 2014, 18:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I'm pretty scared of Shermans when I play as Ostheer. Fausting them is practically impossible unless you are prepared to lose a squad.

Just another result of the current indirect fire/AOE meta.
30 Dec 2014, 18:49 PM

The smart ass answer is probably, on allot of maps as OKW..don't let him get a fast sherman by using truck pushing, some volks+Mg34 and a Puma or Flacktruck to shut down the USF early game.

If USF get an early Sherman and a steady fuel supply+retain their army, your up a creek without a paddle. Probably get yourself a Jadpanzer and some volks with Shreks and try your best if Panther is still a while off.
31 Dec 2014, 17:34 PM

If i sence a fast Sherm i get a JP4. I love that thing with support from schrecks. If you eventually get a command panther with some veterancy it's GG for the american armor.
31 Dec 2014, 17:51 PM

Shrek blob and make the USF cry.

Yea one shot from the HE sherman and your blob goes bedy bye.

You should try JP4.
31 Dec 2014, 21:47 PM

Yea one shot from the HE sherman and your blob goes bedy bye.

You should try JP4.
It was a joke. My usual build is 3 volks, obers, JP4 which usually counters all allied armour at least up until you start seeing IS2's etc. Even then, once a JP4 gets to vet 4 and 5 it's crazy even against the heavy allied tanks.
1 Jan 2015, 09:42 AM

It was a joke. My usual build is 3 volks, obers, JP4 which usually counters all allied armour at least up until you start seeing IS2's etc. Even then, once a JP4 gets to vet 4 and 5 it's crazy even against the heavy allied tanks.

Ok, ok.That's what i sort of do.But i'm planing on going Flack halftrack, Puma, plenty of raketenwerfers an 1 or 2 volks with shreck.I'm planing on going foreward fortifications doc, so that i can get the pack 43.
1 Jan 2015, 19:32 PM

Ok, ok.That's what i sort of do.But i'm planing on going Flack halftrack, Puma, plenty of raketenwerfers an 1 or 2 volks with shreck.I'm planing on going foreward fortifications doc, so that i can get the pack 43.
I find that investing in more than 1 rack is usually counter productive and a waste of manpower. They can be useful early game but once heavy armour starts coming out they lose their value. I think spending that extra manpower on another volk is a sounder strategy. But if it works for you that's cool. Personally though I've never found them that useful.
2 Jan 2015, 04:19 AM

if you suspect a fast sherman lay a strumpioneer mine and block it with superwire so only vehicles can detonate it.. keep a raketn or volks shreck near mine to ambush him once he triggers it always plant a mine after upgrading second shreck.. dont waste ammo on grenades..

One counter you will see for this after they hit mine is they pop smoke and reverse or pop out and do crit repairs and pop back before smoke clears..

if he survies with sherman keep buildig random superwires in map most wont dare push blindy again just hold out till a panther or KT but keeping planting mines and cover them with super wires
2 Jan 2015, 08:32 AM

I find that investing in more than 1 rack is usually counter productive and a waste of manpower. They can be useful early game but once heavy armour starts coming out they lose their value. I think spending that extra manpower on another volk is a sounder strategy. But if it works for you that's cool. Personally though I've never found them that useful.

Ok.I shall follow your advise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS