Login

russian armor

soviet t1 useless aginst okw faptrack

8 Jan 2015, 19:58 PM

http://www.coh2.org/topic/29080/soviet-t1-useless-aginst-okw-faptrack/post/265003

Don't listen Jesulin FailFish

T-1 soviet against okw is not good, more against flak ht ....

Luvnest was bad ( i not say big noob or i will be bann ) but kubel totally useless and mg42 useless.

You need 4 volks + flak ht for be efficient + good micro and strategy choice, etc ...

after falschirm
13 Jan 2015, 09:33 AM

They're just as expensive as grenadiers, and more expensive than volks. How are they amazingly cheap again?

There you go: cost to reinforce.
13 Jan 2015, 09:35 AM

By the time he has enough fuel for Flak HT, you have more than enough fuel for T2.

Edit: If he adapts to your choices, so can you.
18 Jan 2015, 00:20 AM

the flak ht is 55 fuel and faster on fuel convertion
18 Jan 2015, 02:31 AM

the flak ht is 55 fuel and faster on fuel convertion

You can still have tier 2 out by the time the aa track shows up.
25 Jan 2015, 23:37 PM

It seems like unless you're at a high skill level, okw will have a significant edge against soviet. When I try a clowncar with flamer, it dies vs two squads. on a unit basis, okw is just beats soviet. okw is also a blob army so it seems difficult to outnumber.

I am very frustrated playing coh2 lately since I can't beat anyone unless I play Osteer. I'm just venting at this point. I want to get better but I have no idea how to counter okw.
26 Jan 2015, 18:10 PM

My build vs OKW is Rifle command, con, penal, M3, (Con or engy, or both) should have fuel for support, build it, AT gun, should come out quick enough to duel with a flak track. Plus your flame car should get you map control and slow their fuel anyways.

Then I build maxims to pin them and then penals and flame engys burn pinned stuff.

I haven't been building snipers against OKW since their large squad size mitigates the snipes. Plus OKW inf is cabbage until the late game anyways.

I think this build is safe for 1v1s and team games. It has worked for me.
26 Jan 2015, 21:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2015, 23:37 PMRye631
It seems like unless you're at a high skill level, okw will have a significant edge against soviet. When I try a clowncar with flamer, it dies vs two squads. on a unit basis, okw is just beats soviet. okw is also a blob army so it seems difficult to outnumber.

I am very frustrated playing coh2 lately since I can't beat anyone unless I play Osteer. I'm just venting at this point. I want to get better but I have no idea how to counter okw.

I am not expert and I am not at pro but I do quite well against okw early game.

I have a typical build order. I try to rush t70 or get 2 guards up to train wreck flak-track.

I personally suffer in late game as soviets. Even I totally destroy them, okw blobs always manage to push me back and get those damn tanks out for the win.
26 Jan 2015, 21:41 PM
Patrion 14

Using Penal satchels is a rediculous idea, there is absolutely no unpack time so it can just move out of the way. T1 doesn't deal with OKW T2. You have to either go Guards, Con Spam with AT nades or go T2. Guards inside of M3 can be nice to catch it out of position and chase it down.

* shrugs *

Works for me. The secret is to attack it with at least two units and swarm it.

It also depends on terrain, if it's near buildings or trees it's slower.
3 Feb 2015, 16:37 PM
Patrion 14

There you go: cost to reinforce.

Conscripts: 20 * 6 = 120 for a full squad
Grenadiers: 30 * 4 = 120 for a full squad

Wow, conscripts are really cheap! /sarcasm
4 Feb 2015, 20:10 PM

to conclude its not cheap to reinforce anything.
aaa
2 Mar 2015, 20:54 PM

Hello, I invite you to see this replay or VOD on Youtube.

You should try to improve. As you can see, a game with the Soviet T1.

Hello God of COH2. There is one problem in this game OKW went cubel and flak. Thats could be countered with guards + AT granades with additional help from M3 and cons riffle fire.

What if OKW goes puma as a first vehicle? What unit is best counter to that build
3 Mar 2015, 13:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2015, 20:54 PMaaa

Hello God of COH2. There is one problem in this game OKW went cubel and flak. Thats could be countered with guards + AT granades with additional help from M3 and cons riffle fire.

What if OKW goes puma as a first vehicle? What unit is best counter to that build

You could do the same build. AT nade the Puma, PTRS will kill it rather quickly.
3 Mar 2015, 13:59 PM

Now, flak HT does indeed soft counter the M3, but also well microed cons with at nades and M3 with gaurds can kill it, so it's not very one sided.

But another thing people forget to mention that if you buy M3, it "forces" (not really) a mechanized regiment HQ from OKW. This is already a win, since you delay their shwerer panzer HQ, and obersoldaten, giving you more time for your conscripts and gaurds to dominate the early game OKW infantry.
aaa
3 Mar 2015, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2015, 13:59 PMBurts
Now, flak HT does indeed soft counter the M3, but also well microed cons with at nades and M3 with gaurds can kill it, so it's not very one sided.

Didnt see many games where guards were effective. Esp puma is strong vs them. As I can see they only can be used against light vehicles (which is absolutely not needed cuz light vehicles can be countered with cons basicaly). Even vs infantry they are worse than cons. Bad vs tanks, so looks like waste of MP.

So i ussualy go
4 cons + M3 flamer into
4 cons + 1 shocks + 1 snipers

And with that build there is a big window before I get zis or t34 to counter pouma
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★