Login

russian armor

Mg42 change.

28 Dec 2014, 00:10 AM

i find mg's perform their role well

i'd hate it if they would go from support weapon to frontline troops suppressing everything in range

that turns the game stale and makes it to important who got somewhere the fastest instead of clever infantry movement to control a point

the game is meant to play with infantry infront, covered by mg's and mortars/at gund behind

fuck i hate arranged teams where it's mg's everywhere covering each other. by the time you can counter that 10 minutes have passed.
28 Dec 2014, 00:51 AM
Patrion 28

the setup/teardown time on the MG42 prevents that. the maxim already is a front line unit and has been since it was introduced.
28 Dec 2014, 01:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2014, 00:10 AMbogeuh

i'd hate it if they would go from support weapon to frontline troops suppressing everything in range

You have just described the maxim, lol. It can even be used to cap. A-MOVE FTW!!
28 Dec 2014, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2014, 00:10 AMbogeuh

that turns the game stale and makes it to important who got somewhere the fastest instead of clever infantry movement to control a point

the game is meant to play with infantry infront, covered by mg's and mortars/at gund behind

fuck i hate arranged teams where it's mg's everywhere covering each other. by the time you can counter that 10 minutes have passed.
Only really applies to the maxim as they redeploy fast. Any decent player will crush an MG42 spam.
28 Dec 2014, 08:25 AM

Ah, the early days of COH2 were MG42 spam was legit meta and hard to counter
28 Dec 2014, 08:30 AM

I remember when the MG 42 was good, I faced MG 42 Spam in 2v2 on Road to Kharkov. Literally from one end of the map to the other was a line of MG 42's, we could not get by at all. It was quite silly.
28 Dec 2014, 09:33 AM

how about we just have the aim/targeting/turn time reduced a bit? how does that sound?
28 Dec 2014, 10:05 AM

how about we just have the aim/targeting/turn time reduced a bit? how does that sound?

Yeah MG42 could use small buff in that direction. Actually whole Wehrmacht needs bit of a rework after WFA IMO.

But it's nowhere near useless as OP tries to portray it tho.

28 Dec 2014, 10:08 AM
Donator 22

Big +1 :)
28 Dec 2014, 19:18 PM
Donator 11

The Mg42 is ineffective. At 240mp, the unit hardly does it's job. It's forced more often to retreat than on the battlefield. I would like to see the suppression mechanics increased at a farther range. If you eleminate the ability of units to crawl halfway to nade the mg then problem is solved. I would say the same thing for the Allies faction but the USF has the smoke ability which gives them a distinct advantage without having to just flank to kill an mg.
28 Dec 2014, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned
What You write abaut DSHK i whant to see, if You so think that mg is so bad :)
28 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM

Probably most overpowered and underpriced piece in game because its soviet :snfPeter:
28 Dec 2014, 20:30 PM

I have used the dhsk and yeah its pretty shit.But it lives longer and kills better.Though not enough for its price.
28 Dec 2014, 20:54 PM

I have used the dhsk and yeah its pretty shit.But it lives longer and kills better.Though not enough for its price.

Its vastly inferior to USF HMG. There is nothing that can be said about DSHK that would end with "better" then anything.
nee
29 Dec 2014, 02:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2014, 20:54 PMKatitof

Its vastly inferior to USF HMG. There is nothing that can be said about DSHK that would end with "better" then anything.
Better at dying and overall shit-tastic?
29 Dec 2014, 03:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2014, 20:54 PMKatitof

Better in penetration compared to Maxim. :snfBarton:
29 Dec 2014, 08:56 AM

So OP wants to remove suppression from MGs? Nice way to stop blobs, lol.
MGs at the moment must not be played as agressive as they used to be. They neither are first line units nor Maxims that can a move their way through the map. An MG needs baits. If the enemy comes with the blob of hell and sees your lonely gren squad in green cover he will try to overrun them. But 1 or 2 MGs behind the enemy's sight will push them all down to the ground. Remember to defend your flanks with troops or mines.

Complaining about MGs is most of the time simply a l2p issue and I say that as a 90% German player. You can't just rely on one MG against a horde of US rifles. Imagine how D-Day would have been with one lonely MG behind a sandbag:
"It was nice to serve with you, Fritz."

Too many players think "Okay I built my MG. I don't need to get a second one."

Sure the US player can push through them with smoke nades but that's what smoke is for. Germans have smoke too, you know, and it's even free and comes with every mortar.
29 Dec 2014, 09:15 AM
Donator 33

So OP wants to remove suppression from MGs? Nice way to stop blobs, lol.
MGs at the moment must not be played as agressive as they used to be. They neither are first line units nor Maxims that can a move their way through the map. An MG needs baits. If the enemy comes with the blob of hell and sees your lonely gren squad in green cover he will try to overrun them. But 1 or 2 MGs behind the enemy's sight will push them all down to the ground. Remember to defend your flanks with troops or mines.

Complaining about MGs is most of the time simply a l2p issue and I say that as a 90% German player. You can't just rely on one MG against a horde of US rifles. Imagine how D-Day would have been with one lonely MG behind a sandbag:
"It was nice to serve with you, Fritz."

Too many players think "Okay I built my MG. I don't need to get a second one."

Sure the US player can push through them with smoke nades but that's what smoke is for. Germans have smoke too, you know, and it's even free and comes with every mortar.

Im pretty sure the Omaha section of the beach defences were manned by Obersoldaten, and the rest had some MG 42 crews defending it :p
29 Dec 2014, 09:15 AM
Patrion 28

the only issue with the original DShK was that it hit the field before maxims. all it needed was a 1cp gate and it would have been fine.
29 Dec 2014, 09:54 AM

Complaining about MGs is most of the time simply a l2p issue and I say that as a 90% German player. You can't just rely on one MG against a horde of US rifles.

You gotta admit it's a bit silly when a blob of RE's and Riflemen with dual M1919's just storm into my MG 42, 3x LMG Grenadiers, Pioneers, Assault Grenadiers, and SdKfz 251, still manage to wipe the MG 42 each time as well as inflict casualties on other squads before retreating. By the time I'm finished remanning the guns and reinforcing the men, they're back again.

Machine Guns are supposed to be area denial, but right now it's pretty easy to get by them, so they don't really deny much.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★