Login

russian armor

Axis heavy armor needs nerf or Allied AT needs buffs

PAGES (13)down
31 Dec 2014, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 13:30 PMJaigen

Your not making your arguments any better. you lose very mobile units to slow ones. losing a m20 or aatrack to shreks pucphen is mistake of the allied player unless pathing screws you up

Many of us here still wait for your pro replay with amazing unit preservation and few other things :lol:
31 Dec 2014, 14:56 PM
1 Jan 2015, 00:21 AM

Thank you, I was just about to post this one.

I would rather have a SU-85.
1 Jan 2015, 00:23 AM

SU85 is pretty trashy at vet0 im not sure u want it
1 Jan 2015, 01:18 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 13:33 PMJaigen

yep on certain maps the jp4 is pretty good. but still its the weakest td because the okw lack of snares.

uh, 30mun mines. the jpIV preforms just like the su-85, except better.
1 Jan 2015, 01:47 AM

SU85 is pretty trashy at vet0 im not sure u want it

Because at least it can choose to spot for itself or watch it's backside, the Jagdpanzer cannot do either one. I still don't understand why the Jagdpanzer has a visual handicap with no buff.
1 Jan 2015, 03:33 AM
Patrion 28

because it's unique. personally, i think tanks should all have that kind of vision all the time, unless it's something like t70 recon. makes flanking them actually worth something if you're vehicle is slower than them.
1 Jan 2015, 03:48 AM

Because at least it can choose to spot for itself or watch it's backside, the Jagdpanzer cannot do either one. I still don't understand why the Jagdpanzer has a visual handicap with no buff.

JP4 does see longer then Normal units. At Vet it becomes Perma SU85 with no movement penalty. And At Vet with a Command Panther Aura is LOL. It just cant chose to turn it off. I suppose this is because its like a Panther the size of a T70....

Biggest knock against it is its not Soviet. Those Shreks are just tooooo toooo juicy to not buy and mine its area of Operation like back in the dark days when Call ins sucked Soviet players always had to do when using the SU85.

And then the Panther buff...so just why? Panther Puma Shreks? And a truly dedicated TD???? ARE YOU SICK??? lol

I mean if you gave the USF a Sherman Firefly do you think ANYONE would ever build a Jackson again?
1 Jan 2015, 04:28 AM

Never saw a Jagdpanzer get more than Vet 1, it either misses every shot, doesn't penetrate, or is sitting in the rear echelon somewhere because it can't be trusted to be anywhere without being babysat.

Also, the Firefly was a British tank, not American.
1 Jan 2015, 04:36 AM

Never saw a Jagdpanzer get more than Vet 1, it either misses every shot, doesn't penetrate, or is sitting in the rear echelon somewhere because it can't be trusted to be anywhere without being babysat.

Also, the Firefly was a British tank, not American.

Yes I know it was a British Gun on an American tank used exclusively by the British. Thank you!

The point I was illustrating is if you have overlap and one is clearly better then the other or close enough in role why not use the superior one? Eluding to how the Firefly in COH1 is better then the Jackson in COH2.

A better Example may have been using the SU76 instead of the SU85 but both those are pretty bad choices so there you have it...

Edit:

Hold on there SIR! I just noticed this part

"doesn't penetrate"

What is it shooting at Mecha Stalin or only IS2s? What will it NOT Penetrate other then these two??
1 Jan 2015, 04:37 AM
Patrion 28

i had an enemy one get to vet 5 because my team was building med tanks and being to careless with them. it was a monster.
1 Jan 2015, 05:18 AM

Hold on there SIR! I just noticed this part

"doesn't penetrate"

What is it shooting at Mecha Stalin or only IS2s? What will it NOT Penetrate other then these two??

Generally heavier vehicles, it doesn't have the same Pen as a Panther despite being a dedicated tank destroyer with the Panther's gun, it has slightly worse than an SU-85. I tried to use it against a KV-8 and against an IS-2, it wasn't helpful. A Panther is a better choice because it doesn't crutch on Veterancy to be good, you can expect it to do it's job right out of the box.
1 Jan 2015, 05:49 AM

The JP4 is a beast at vet. it basically is a cheaper version of the jagdtiger. it shoots from range that you normally cannot see and it has thick armor. it penetrates basically all Allied tanks. It could probably 1v1 every single Allied tank except ISU or IS2.
1 Jan 2015, 05:58 AM

Generally heavier vehicles, it doesn't have the same Pen as a Panther despite being a dedicated tank destroyer with the Panther's gun, it has slightly worse than an SU-85. I tried to use it against a KV-8 and against an IS-2, it wasn't helpful. A Panther is a better choice because it doesn't crutch on Veterancy to be good, you can expect it to do it's job right out of the box.

It also does a ton more DPS then the Panther. It's not bad especially if your used to the SU85 it overall will fight weaker armor and is both more mobile and more durable then said SU85. It gets EXCELLENT with vet. But hey it's a casemate. I am sure when the meta readjusts and people are forced into different stats someone will use it well on a replay somewhere then everyone will catch on and you'll see nerf JP4 threads. There is really very little wrong with the units stats it cost. Really if used to its strengths it can and will drop armor faster then a Jackson.
1 Jan 2015, 07:00 AM

so you complain about jagdpanzer not being able to penetrate an is2?

just wow...

soviet have to deal with "not being able to penetrate" every day.
1 Jan 2015, 10:29 AM

so you complain about jagdpanzer not being able to penetrate an is2?

just wow...

soviet have to deal with "not being able to penetrate" every day.

No, I just brought up that it does a worse job than a Panther, while having worse sightlines than an SU-85. Without Vet, it's not special, and the only reason you'd get one is because T4 was destroyed and you can't hold out for a Panther or Tiger II. This is pretty much half the time I see them used, not because they're good, because the player is trapped and desperate.
1 Jan 2015, 11:08 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

4zis against the front armor of 1KT just some hit shows.

Play as Soviet, against heavy tanks is impossibility to counteract them, most people going surrender.
1 Jan 2015, 12:16 PM

4zis against the front armor of 1KT just some hit shows.

Play as Soviet, against heavy tanks is impossibility to counteract them, most people going surrender.

Kt has 400 armor. Is 2 375. So what exactly did you try to say there?
1 Jan 2015, 12:17 PM

Wrong, KT got 425 armor. ZiS is also inferior to PaK in penetration.
1 Jan 2015, 12:21 PM

I don't know... Maybe he wanted to say that Soviets has only 2 units with penetration over 200 (both doctrinal) while Axis has more options with a way better penetration so 375 is no big deal for Elephant, Jadgtiger, Pak43 or even Panther, while 425 of King Tiger is really pain on the ass for Soviets, not to metion USF...
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 34
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak