Login

russian armor

Axis heavy armor needs nerf or Allied AT needs buffs

PAGES (13)down
31 Dec 2014, 03:00 AM

so:

wath i also hear often is that allies dont need a buff or axis a nerf because "allies can just do tactic X to kill that unit Y".

so the axis reason is, that allies can simply kill anything if they are investing much micro.

yeah of course. very fair.

so... axis gets powerful units so its much less micro intensive and allies HAVE TO STAY micro intensive because reasons?

is this fair?

no its not. this game is most of the time about microing your units good enough to get an edge over your enemy. and with the heavy micro intenesive units the allies have, they are way underpowered. as i said in an other thread earlier:

in a match with equal skill levels the axis will nearly alwayws win because the axis dont have to invest as much micro as the allies.

its simple as that.

Try fighting rifles with grenadiers and trying to survive,then talk who needs more micro and unit co-operation.The same boot is on the other foot lategame.
31 Dec 2014, 03:01 AM

No matter what, some people wont accept the Panther being in a extremely good spot right now with very few negatives.

So yeah, no point in arguing the fact even more.

In 4 vs 4.
In lesser gaming modes,the definition of being 'in a good spot' is not being accesible.
Don't know abt OKW one though.
31 Dec 2014, 03:12 AM

can you please stop going into every thread to say how USF wrecks OStheer. You can make your own mega thread if you wish
31 Dec 2014, 07:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2014, 17:37 PMNapalm
OKW has the best non-doctrinal tank destroyer in the game. The JagdPanzer is amazing when handled well. Unfortunately, entitled players have gotten use to the King Tiger and JagdTiger ease of use.

Best is very opinionated, I think it's kinda crap. I'd rather use an SU-85 or hell, even a StuG, at least I can rely on that to hit and it doesn't need babysat 100% of the time due to some weird LOS handicap that out of every unit in the game, only it suffers. At least the SU-85 has better accuracy, penetration, and can spot for itself, while the StuG is cheaper and can get Spotting Scopes. Meanwhile someone forgot to tell the Jagdpanzer crew to watch their backside.
31 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM

Try fighting rifles with grenadiers and trying to survive,then talk who needs more micro and unit co-operation.The same boot is on the other foot lategame.

Oh...1(one) axis unit is loosing to 1(one) allied unit - it's so UNFAIR. Relic should nerf Rifles AND buff Grens.
31 Dec 2014, 09:05 AM

Because microing 2-4 units in the first few mins is a way harder than microing fragile USF vehicles flanking KT from all directions and trying to avoid schrecks as well :D

Best is very opinionated, I think it's kinda crap. I'd rather use an SU-85 or hell, even a StuG, at least I can rely on that to hit and it doesn't need babysat 100% of the time due to some weird LOS handicap that out of every unit in the game, only it suffers. At least the SU-85 has better accuracy, penetration, and can spot for itself, while the StuG is cheaper and can get Spotting Scopes. Meanwhile someone forgot to tell the Jagdpanzer crew to watch their backside.

I would not trade JPIV for SU85, never.
Target size, great veterancy buffs and amazing front armor. Allies have to flank it. There is no other way to kill it unless you have IS2/ISU. This units is really pain is the ass for USF.
31 Dec 2014, 09:06 AM
Patrion 28

JPIV is flat out the best non-doctrinal TD in the game. it's close to invulnerable with vet. a V is generally more useful but the jpIV is better against tanks.
31 Dec 2014, 09:11 AM

Because microing 2-4 units in the first few mins is a way harder than microing fragile USF vehicles flanking KT from all directions and trying to avoid schrecks as well :D
It's about the same. I play both factions more than the other 2 and I feel like they're the most micro intensive factions. Just different stage of the game.
31 Dec 2014, 09:15 AM

JPIV is flat out the best non-doctrinal TD in the game. it's close to invulnerable with vet. a V is generally more useful but the jpIV is better against tanks.

But a panther has turret and that makes all the difference because then positioning and micro are no longer needed. :P

However, JPIV is pretty beast when it does hit something...
31 Dec 2014, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 09:11 AMsteel
It's about the same. I play both factions more than the other 2 and I feel like they're the most micro intensive factions. Just different stage of the game.

I can't agree. You wont lose a whole squad in 4 secs - unless grenade - because of bad microing.
If you are losing, just hit retreat button and you will probably survive.
Flanking with Jackson, on the other hand, is usually suicide misson against decet opponent.
Vehicles react more slowly, pathfinding issues, rotating instead of reversing, enemy has 10-15 units - not 3-6 -, boncing shots all the time.
31 Dec 2014, 09:19 AM

I can't agree. You wont lose a whole squad in 4 secs - unless grenade - because of bad microing.
If you are losing, just hit retreat button and you will probably survive.
Flanking with Jackson, on the other hand, is usually suicide misson against decet opponent.
Vehicles react more slowly, pathfinding issues, rotating instead of reversing, enemy has 10-15 units - not 3-6 -, boncing shots all the time.
That is quite true. I just remembered that we play different game modes. ^_^; Disregard what I said earlier.
31 Dec 2014, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 03:12 AMNinjaWJ
can you please stop going into every thread to say how USF wrecks OStheer. You can make your own mega thread if you wish

The truth is bitter,but after months of neglect so are wehr players like me.
31 Dec 2014, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 09:19 AMsteel
That is quite true. I just remembered that we play different game modes. ^_^; Disregard what I said earlier.

Why different? I'm not playing 4v4 for ages!
Only 2v2 or sometime 1v1 :)
31 Dec 2014, 09:31 AM

Why different? I'm not playing 4v4 for ages!
Only 2v2 or sometime 1v1 :)
Eh, I messed up I guess. Mistaken you for NinjaWJ. :S

I kinda agree flanking with M36s are suicide missions because of the laser guided panzerschreck of vet5 volksgrenadier but if King Tiger is out, I just hope he hits one of my teammate's mine. My main gripe with the M36 of course is the low penetration.
31 Dec 2014, 10:07 AM

OKW can get their AT gun at the beginning of the match.

USF have to go to T3 and spend at least 120 fuel to unlock the captain before they can start building their AT gun. By which time the USF player is already getting his arse handed to him by German vehicles which he can do nothing to stop.

There is no excuse for such piss-poor balance.
31 Dec 2014, 10:25 AM

The US AT Gun used to come with the Lieutenant, but Relic in their infinite wisdom invalidated months of alpha testing by moving it to Captain right before release.
31 Dec 2014, 10:33 AM

The US AT Gun used to come with the Captain, but Relic in their infinite wisdom invalidated months of alpha testing by moving it to Captain right before release.
I believe you meant Lt. Best to edit it before someone else starts poking fun at you.
31 Dec 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 10:33 AMsteel
I believe you meant Lt. Best to edit it before someone else starts poking fun at you.

Thank you steel :P It's 6am and I have trouble sleeping, so this happens instead.
31 Dec 2014, 13:30 PM

Where did I say something about schrecks killing AA truck? Schrecks + 2 or 3 raketen in buildings.

Your not making your arguments any better. you lose very mobile units to slow ones. losing a m20 or aatrack to shreks pucphen is mistake of the allied player unless pathing screws you up
31 Dec 2014, 13:33 PM

But a panther has turret and that makes all the difference because then positioning and micro are no longer needed. :P

However, JPIV is pretty beast when it does hit something...

yep on certain maps the jp4 is pretty good. but still its the weakest td because the okw lack of snares.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS