Login

russian armor

A suggestion to fix Shrek Volk blobs

24 Dec 2014, 08:31 AM

Usually when I deal with shreck blobs it usually is a point and click where the opponent can deal with any tank either light or heavy.

I feel that the shreck upgrade for volks is made to deal with light-medium armor earlier on in the game but it has also translated into dealing with heavy tanks.

My suggestion is to replace the shreck with the anti tank rifle (Panzerbüchse) that the Germans have in the campaign missions and theater of war missions.

This would allow for the light-medium counter that OKW needs but doesn't supersede its ability to deal with heavy tanks.
24 Dec 2014, 08:57 AM

Personally I can see that being about as useful as Conscript Anti-Tank Package, with a large jump in the popularity of Breakthrough Tactics (Panzerfusiliers).
24 Dec 2014, 09:03 AM

If so you have to make the raketenwerfer viable again for it is a useless piece of garbage atm. The Jagdpanzer IV is also not that great IMO.
24 Dec 2014, 09:23 AM

Not a bad Idea, but since the Schrek of Ost and OKW are different, they can just greatly reduce the penetration.

Highfiveeeee's suggestion is also true, Raketen is garbage and always hits debris, and JGDPZIV is UP, comes late, expensive, misses a lot and not enough penetration to deal with heavy soviet units.

PS: Another OKW thread...
24 Dec 2014, 09:33 AM

Buff raketen aim time, give schrecks to stormpio, volks 4x MP40 upgrade for 60ammo.
24 Dec 2014, 09:44 AM

panzerbusche for an 1945 german army? Lol, no. Panzerfaust would make alot more sense + an mp 40 upgrade aka vcoh volks. The oly problem will be that if upgraded, they will be more usefull than assault grenadiers. C'mon, ASSAULT grenadiers. Volks better. Something doesn't sound right, does it?

Even so, if volks will have to spend amo for each panzerfaust hit, plus the available upgrade.... => 100% amo income for OKW and raketenverfer buff or else no chance in early/mid game for this faction.
24 Dec 2014, 10:07 AM
Donator 33

The JPIV is not that bad actually. If there's no IS-2/ISU on the field I really like to use it.

The Raketenwerfer is just terrible. Stats-wise it's fine but it takes ages to aim and when it finally fires its rocket it gets blocked by almost everything. It's very likely to get one shotted as well.

Buff raketen aim time, give schrecks to stormpio, volks 4x MP40 upgrade for 60ammo.

The raketenwerfer definitely needs a buff.

Volks should get panzerfausts. What about cold immunity? I think volks should keep that upgrade for 30-40 MU.

An AI combat package sounds good.

I also like the idea of giving them 4 STGs for 90 MU. Or 2 G43s for 50 MU?
24 Dec 2014, 10:18 AM

Decrease Volks Shreks long range accuracy, tone down their Vet bonuses. The easiest and by far the best solution.
Anything else will make OKW even more broken.

I'd love to see OKW re done completely. Bad design is bad design.
24 Dec 2014, 10:26 AM

The JPIV is not that bad actually. If there's no IS-2/ISU on the field I really like to use it.

The Raketenwerfer is just terrible. Stats-wise it's fine but it takes ages to aim and when it finally fires its rocket it gets blocked by almost everything. It's very likely to get one shotted as well.

The raketenwerfer definitely needs a buff.

Volks should get panzerfausts. What about cold immunity? I think volks should keep that upgrade for 30-40 MU.

An AI combat package sounds good.

I also like the idea of giving them 4 STGs for 90 MU. Or 2 G43s for 50 MU?

Cold immunity is very weird stuff... This should be upgrade for Ost since Ost was fightining eastern front. Such ability for units at western front is ridiculous :lol:

And yes, I forgot about faust. Give them SMGs, PzFaust and Schreck for Stormpio.
24 Dec 2014, 11:30 AM

Usually when I deal with shreck blobs it usually is a point and click where the opponent can deal with any tank either light or heavy.

I feel that the shreck upgrade for volks is made to deal with light-medium armor earlier on in the game but it has also translated into dealing with heavy tanks.

My suggestion is to replace the shreck with the anti tank rifle (Panzerbüchse) that the Germans have in the campaign missions and theater of war missions.

This would allow for the light-medium counter that OKW needs but doesn't supersede its ability to deal with heavy tanks.

People keep saying this but its still not proven that this unit needs a nerf. its not as cost effective AT as pg shreks btw.
24 Dec 2014, 11:38 AM

If so you have to make the raketenwerfer viable again for it is a useless piece of garbage atm. The Jagdpanzer IV is also not that great IMO.

Bullshit mate I love the jagdpanzer it has taken me through the ladder. All the way to top 20 OKW before tengen got busy with work. Romeo can vouch for me on this. It's my favorite unit, people just dont know how to use it like you. Due to JP4's speed it has a hard time escaping flanks, so I don't escape it at all I just do reverse and rotate at the same time to face my frontal armor while avoiding rear shots at the same time. The JP4's frontal armor is decent actually as well which usually leads to deflection from shermans and jacksons. In my experience the JP4 usually beats the jackson in a 1v1 due to its frontal armor.
24 Dec 2014, 11:42 AM
Benefactor 392

Honestly i can get way more out of a raketen then a volks any day, however i never spend my fuel on my trucks right away, I just go t1 and jagd for 15 minutes or until i'm confortable getting panthers.

I still play around with different ways to do shit, however kubel volk volk, t1 jagd is what i like to do, well for core, i still get other things as well such as the support gun. when used effective people poop bricks
24 Dec 2014, 11:45 AM
Benefactor 392

Bullshit mate I love the jagdpanzer it has taken me through the ladder. All the way to top 20 OKW before tengen got busy with work. Romeo can vouch for me on this. It's my favorite unit, people just dont know how to use it like you. Due to JP4's speed it has a hard time escaping flanks, so I don't escape it at all I just do reverse and rotate at the same time to face my frontal armor while avoiding rear shots at the same time. The JP4's frontal armor is decent actually as well which usually leads to deflection from shermans and jacksons. In my experience the JP4 usually beats the jackson in a 1v1 due to its frontal armor.

can beat a SU-85 as well. It's really good tank all around
24 Dec 2014, 11:55 AM

can beat a SU-85 as well. It's really good tank all around

It definitely beats an su85. (unless RNG decides to roll in and cause the jp4 to miss) :P
24 Dec 2014, 11:58 AM

It definitely beats an su85. (unless RNG decides to roll in and cause the jp4 to miss) :P

That is the problem, the Vet 0 Jagdpanzer like to miss, A LOT. Also any unit ban be "good" with enough micro, but games are long and most people go for the easiest to micro units, which are currently large Shrek blobs that they can retreat with one button.
24 Dec 2014, 12:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2014, 09:23 AMRMMLz
Not a bad Idea, but since the Schrek of Ost and OKW are different, they can just greatly reduce the penetration.

Highfiveeeee's suggestion is also true, Raketen is garbage and always hits debris, and JGDPZIV is UP, comes late, expensive, misses a lot and not enough penetration to deal with heavy soviet units.

PS: Another OKW thread...

if you're JP4 is missing alot then your RNG luck sucks like helpinghan's used to be. (ex. his p4 would never penetrate low health t34s and his shrecks would fail to hit a majority of the time.) What do you mean by heavy soviet units? is2? you shouldn't expect the jp4 to penetrate the is2 anyway, its like throwing a pak at a KT and thinking it will penetrate. the is2 has 375 armor and the KT has 400 armor. The JP4 has the same penetration as Jackson.
24 Dec 2014, 12:25 PM

Counter with Vet3 Double LMG paras. Profit.
24 Dec 2014, 14:56 PM

Overhaul of OKW is high unlikely, but yea MP40s for Volks sounds great idea!
24 Dec 2014, 15:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I think one solution could be to make reinforcement cost raise after veterancy.
24 Dec 2014, 15:43 PM

Counter with Vet3 Double LMG paras. Profit.

Counter with vet 5 obers :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS