Login

russian armor

Lack of new playstyles

24 Dec 2014, 09:17 AM
Patrion 14

The Tiger-centric meta in the USF - Ost match-up is a good example of what the OP is talking about. It's very effective and makes up for the inherent problems Ost faces against this faction (I use it a lot of the time) but we are back to the 'Company of Call-Ins' problem.

The Ost Mobile Defence with Pumas can be very effective against USF though.

I keep coming back to the conclusion that the non-doctrinal units in all OKW units needs looking at. The organic KT for OKW has altered the entire game, especially in larger modes as at least one player will rush it.
24 Dec 2014, 09:54 AM
Patrion 28

the jackson hard counters the stug in the same way the su85 does: by having more range. IVs work fine but you have to be aggressive, which can be difficult to judge a good time for.
24 Dec 2014, 10:21 AM

You can only have so many play-styles without starting to introduce crazy stuff into the game.

Inf - light armor - support weapons - medium/heavy tanks

You cannot really have ninjas, samurai, aircraft carriers, atomic bombs etc.

Not sure what is the point of this thread. Try winining the game by building tanks traps only?
24 Dec 2014, 10:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Works for Spiky...

But seriously, people are complaining about stale meta game are allowed to explore alternate options

That is how the meta changes
24 Dec 2014, 12:18 PM

I regularly try new builds, basing them on historic tactics/ units etc.

Usually they are rolled over by OKW death blobs or Axis Armour...

Not much more to add there...
24 Dec 2014, 18:39 PM

Works for Spiky...

But seriously, people are complaining about stale meta game are allowed to explore alternate options

i feel like i have seen everything. The fact that there isn't any new content release and the small roster of nondoctrinal units makes for a stale game. It would be nice if Relic can go back and revise and update some of the older units like SU76 and old commanders. That way, we can enjoy new ways of playing and have a commander that is viable
24 Dec 2014, 20:34 PM

the jackson hard counters the stug in the same way the su85 does: by having more range. IVs work fine but you have to be aggressive, which can be difficult to judge a good time for.

StuG's take 3 hits to get killed by an SU-85, a single Jackson hit reduces that to one hit from any vehicle or AT Gun. A two-hit wonder isn't really reliable, especially when the hitters tend to travel together. Panzer IV's on the other hand are more durable, but still suffer against Jacksons which kill them in 3 hits, making a once reliable unit as fragile as a StuG is normally.

From there, your only option is to go for Tiger Tanks (most common) or go for T4 Panther Tanks (less common, but my preferred). Yesterday I got a Tiger because I wasted my fuel on T3 and it's vehicles. It wasn't until after the Tiger was deployed that another Panzer IV I made could be useful, using the Tiger to deal and soak the damage and having the Panzer IV chase down the wounded Jacksons.
24 Dec 2014, 23:01 PM

Using Wehr T3 is basically free veterancy for jacksons. That is why everybody goes mech assault and stalls for tiger.
25 Dec 2014, 00:54 AM
Patrion 28

my point was that you shouldn't use stugs against jackson as jacksons hard counter them. it just doesn't work. IVs can work but it's dicey because jacksons are very effective against them. as for other options, you have the pak, which has the same range, Vs, and doctrinal stuff.

t3 vs jacksons right now is very similar to t3 vs su-85s before they got nerfed; the AT tank is incredibly cost effective against it.
25 Dec 2014, 01:32 AM

Yeah but that's my point, T3 isn't really viable against USF. T1 and T2 also suffer. That leaves T4 which is very expensive, or call-ins. And that's why Tiger meta is so strong for Ostheer, the faction is crutching on it against USF.
25 Dec 2014, 02:25 AM

Works for Spiky...

This guy lol
25 Dec 2014, 03:09 AM
Patrion 28

it's not just USF though. depending on what soviet players do, they can shut down t3 equally as hard.
26 Dec 2014, 13:59 PM

i blame the lack of playstyles on the horrible commander system design

there have been multiple threads calling for an overhaul since the beta
26 Dec 2014, 14:49 PM
26 Dec 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 13:59 PMJ1N6666
i blame the lack of playstyles on the horrible commander system design

there have been multiple threads calling for an overhaul since the beta

Not going to happen. This game is coded for the commander system and not a tech tree like in vCOH. A tech tree would give choices on what to do even after you choose a doctrine/commander, the system as it exists doesn't. That so many factions have limited choices within their doctrinal unit mixes only makes matters worse.
26 Dec 2014, 14:56 PM

Just leaving this here ^^

https://www.facebook.com/unofficialcoh2/photos/pb.291909464230266.-2207520000.1419603639./430564313698113/?type=3&theater

I think the only one there that was real was the consequences. RNG God is love, RNG God is lyfe.
27 Dec 2014, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2014, 14:52 PMAvNY

Not going to happen. This game is coded for the commander system and not a tech tree like in vCOH. A tech tree would give choices on what to do even after you choose a doctrine/commander, the system as it exists doesn't. That so many factions have limited choices within their doctrinal unit mixes only makes matters worse.

Funny how its coded for a commander system, yet the commander system is by far this game's worst selling point.

Looking at the factions currently:

ostheer: no need for a doc unless enough for a tiger
soviets: Trouble with inf? Shock Army. Trouble with vechiles? Guards motor
OKW: dont even need a doc
USF: lol, even less

And yea, people pretty much gave up asking for an overhaul after 1.5 years of being ignored
27 Dec 2014, 16:30 PM

the commander system had so much potential
27 Dec 2014, 18:30 PM

Problem is relic made no attempt at overhauling he unused ones with tweak,modified commaders would have disturbed the stale meta and brought much fun.
27 Dec 2014, 23:51 PM

Rather balance the non-doctrinal units so the armies can stand alone without relying on doctrines to counter certain doctrinal and non doctrinal units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★