Login

russian armor

Elsenborn facility winter (2-4)

20 Dec 2014, 16:12 PM
Donator 11

Steam

This is my latest map, Elsenborn facility.
It's location in near the border of Germany in a dense forest that's been covered in a thick layer of snow.

Let me know what you think of it and if you encounter any flaws please let me know!

Description:
Elsenborn, GERMANY, USSR, January 12, 1944 During the battle of the Bulge an American airplane spotted a secret base near the border of Germany, Intel states that the facility in the base is used to make a prototype of the atomic bomb. The Americans will drop paratroopers at night into the fortified base, the area around the base is so harsh that attacking trough the forest seems near impossible. They have but one mission, take over the facility gather all the intel and stop the Germans from ever completing the bomb.

20 Dec 2014, 16:57 PM
Donator 11

21 Dec 2014, 13:30 PM
Donator 11

Thanks! Hope it plays good as well :D
24 Dec 2014, 16:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

It could use some work with the eyecandy, but overall looks really good. :)
26 Dec 2014, 20:07 PM
Donator 11

Thanks, currently working on that, I think the splats are the most work.. but fun work!
If you encounter anything else let me know :D
28 Dec 2014, 05:37 AM

I gave it a few play-throughs with different factions and found that overall the layout works well. I would agree with the eye candy, but be careful not to over do it (This is a common drawback to some of my maps.)

The only Thing I found awkward was the positioning of a particular bunker MG. The northern bases are fine but on the south side I found that the barracks (possible houses) close to the bunker blocked line of sight so much that it was incredibly easy to move inf (especially snipers) around it without coming under fire. I would consider a small repositioning of these buildings to provide more open ground between them and the bunker.
28 Dec 2014, 17:37 PM
Donator 11

Good point, I've been looking into that as well hoping it wouldn't matter so much.. but, there will be an update ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
Russian Federation 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment