Login

russian armor

Corp's Fast T2 Strategy/Discussion

25 Jun 2013, 01:01 AM

Ok sir Adder, then in your opinion, what is the good point of PG that overcome G (worth spending more manpower on that) ? I think G upgraded with M42G can do good dmg to conscript too, they also have two type of bomb, but for your PG, if enemy use fire scout car, you need your own scout car to counter it, right ? ( u said it yourself that u don't prefer RPG)

I already said why I thought PG were great. They murder conscripts. Way better than grenadiers. Plus bundled grenades is pretty much the best squad killer the Germans have.

Grenadiers suffer from always requiring munitions to be effective. Going fast T2 allows you to spend manpower to kill infantry, instead of munitions.

And no, if you rush T2, it's actually awesome if the enemy rushes flamer clown car. The scout car builds insanely fast and you're guaranteed to have the munitions for it (since you don't have grens that you might have bought LMG, G43, or fausts for).

I still think Maxim spam annihilates this strat, but we'll see if it gets patched on game day.
25 Jun 2013, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2013, 01:01 AMAdder

I already said why I thought PG were great. They murder conscripts. Way better than grenadiers. Plus bundled grenades is pretty much the best squad killer the Germans have.

Grenadiers suffer from always requiring munitions to be effective. Going fast T2 allows you to spend manpower to kill infantry, instead of munitions.

And no, if you rush T2, it's actually awesome if the enemy rushes flamer clown car. The scout car builds insanely fast and you're guaranteed to have the munitions for it (since you don't have grens that you might have bought LMG, G43, or fausts for).

I still think Maxim spam annihilates this strat, but we'll see if it gets patched on game day.

In the event of this, use the HT to drop PGs behind the Maxim. That should kill the maxim. Then recrew and reinforce the PGs
25 Jun 2013, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2013, 06:30 AMhubewa

In the event of this, use the HT to drop PGs behind the Maxim. That should kill the maxim. Then recrew and reinforce the PGs

Not if they have more maxims :-) If they get ~4 out they'll always be able to suppress your infantry from the front and flankers. It's not a problem if they have ONE maxim, but four?
26 Jun 2013, 15:45 PM

Flamethrower halftrack is key against Maxim. You can get one up at like ~5 minutes into the game. There's no way for Soviets to counter that aside from mines. Stay off of roads.

I added a section in the original post about tactics versus Maxims. It's not something I've encountered a whole lot. When I have fought it I've crushed it with these tactics.

The power of Maxims is that they secure great territory and win fights with only a couple of them. When you get that Flamerhalftrack out you will remove his ability to move out without an AT gun or Guards. You'll get map control soon enough.

I have been able to flank Maxims before. Realistically he doesn't move around with all four in some sort of little blob. He uses them to try and capture because he spent his first ~1-2 minutes building in his base. That means he spreads them out some.

The hardest fight I had against this strategy I got my Flamthrower halftrack up really quickly. I fought a couple engagements and pushed him back, taking majority map control. He got an AT gun and hurt my halftrack. I pulled back and started repairing and losing some ground. I got a second flamethrower halftrack and threw both of them at him from different directions combined with an infantry push. He fell to pieces and I stole his AT gun. Shortly after I got an Ostwind out and I think I had a battle with a T-34 that I turned around using the Ostwind + AT gun. Maybe some schreks?

It's very possible.
27 Jun 2013, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2013, 13:27 PMAdder

Not if they have more maxims :-) If they get ~4 out they'll always be able to suppress your infantry from the front and flankers. It's not a problem if they have ONE maxim, but four?

If he blobs them up, he doesn't have any capping power. Who cares if he gets some VPs, he can't stop your P4
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 26
Peru 4
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %