Login

russian armor

Mg42 constantly humiliated

17 Dec 2014, 00:43 AM

I see Axis taking allied MG's all the time. In fact the M2's downsides are cost, tech, enemy, and crew related. The gun itself is excellent and nabbing one as Germans is rarely a bad move, since 3 of the downsides are nullified and the last one already applies to German crews.

I always rage when I see my teammate losing maxims and the enemy picking them up... Those Maxims can be seriously annoying at times...
17 Dec 2014, 01:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Buff 50cal first. no one uses that piece of pudding
17 Dec 2014, 04:06 AM

I use it all the time..well i use all HMG all the time, The problem of the 50cal is not because it sucks but because it came too late, all other factions HMG, Maxim, HMG42, OKW's HMG car are all can come with first building, while US came from T2 which is pretty much arrive 5 min late compare to other HMGs so it wasn't effective on battlefield anymore as first wave of light armor arrives about same time, so many US player will choose directly T3 first than T2 to get early bazooka for early AT power to fight the light armors or they choose M20 over HMG, I actually do too, because M20 is more effective compare to the 50cal.
17 Dec 2014, 04:23 AM
Patrion 28

MG42s just need to suppress a target they shoot at on the first burst.

they do. run a rifleman into the middle of the arc at them over open terrain without any smoke; you'll be instantly suppressed. that's a SUPER ideal situation, although i've still done it (lol...) and the MG42 preforms pretty poorly in non-ideal situations. the maxim mostly doesn't care and the M2 cares but has more tolerance than the MG42.

i use them quite often. they're really good against shrek blobs as long as you prevent them from getting flanked. with a pair you can even handle two or three obers if they blob. expensive though.
17 Dec 2014, 08:25 AM

I don't understand some people around here. 80% of time when my rifles enter in the cone of fire they get suppressed at first burst.
the 20 last % are when they are obviously in cover already.

What do you want more? MG suppression ignoring cover?

Faster set up? Why would you be helped with a UP when it is first a bad positioning/repositioning MG issue.

More DPS? So you can spam them effectively and deny allied large areas of the map for 480mp in early game?

Many time, when I outplay an Ostheer player early game, flanking his MG and kill his men, it is because I have gathered all my squads RE + Rifles in the move, around 4-5 squads (2 REs + 2 or 3 rifles). And almost all the time, the Ostheer player just has 1 MG + 2 grenadiers. Where are the rest of his troops? Trying to cap somewhere else with his pioneer and in many games I have catch him over extending with his first grenadiers and made 1 or 2 retreat already couple of second before my assault.

I have also played many Ostheer players not trying to overextend and managing their little army around that MG, keeping their squads close enough to support each other... And in those game, I rarely outplay them in the 10 first minutes.

17 Dec 2014, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2014, 08:25 AMEsxile
Many time, when I outplay an Ostheer player early game, flanking his MG and kill his men, it is because I have gathered all my squads RE + Rifles in the move, around 4-5 squads (2 REs + 2 or 3 rifles). And almost all the time, the Ostheer player just has 1 MG + 2 grenadiers. Where are the rest of his troops? Trying to cap somewhere else with his pioneer and in many games I have catch him over extending with his first grenadiers and made 1 or 2 retreat already couple of second before my assault.

You realise USF has a significant advantages over Ostheer right? While he's building T1, you're building a squad. While he's building his squads, you're building more squads, you'll have 1 up on him (when you tech up, it'll be 2 up). Those 3 squads of his (+T1) are 800 manpower, while yours are worth 720 and as far as core infantry go, are superior to his. You also make it sound like you just move in a blob, in which case Ostheer has no choice but to get an MG 42 and hope he gets the jump on you first.
17 Dec 2014, 09:28 AM

You realise USF has a significant advantages over Ostheer right? While he's building T1, you're building a squad. While he's building his squads, you're building more squads, you'll have 1 up on him (when you tech up, it'll be 2 up). Those 3 squads of his (+T1) are 800 manpower, while yours are worth 720 and as far as core infantry go, are superior to his. You also make it sound like you just move in a blob, in which case Ostheer has no choice but to get an MG 42 and hope he gets the jump on you first.

It's normally blobs that do so much damage to me. :(

Thing is as Ostheer you have to babysit your MG-42's so heavily, and the Grenadiers don't have a close range function while most Allied units function moderately okay at range and exceptionally well at close range. Top that off with the fact that Grens don't do so well without an MG-42 and vice versa, you're stuck with a very slow moving and very static playstyle. You're not mobile enough to achieve or maintain map control without significantly breaking the Allies in a fight.

I think base American rifles have too much damage with their M1 Garands. It makes the BAR and M1919 upgrades less desirable when they already do so much without them.
17 Dec 2014, 10:20 AM

1- Grenadiers and MG build time is faster than Rifles, and cost 40mp less. I let you watch some replays or live games to see that every faction has more or less the same number of unit in the field in the first couples of minutes of a game. (if not spamming pioneer or RE)
At the 2nd grenadier built, you've spent equal amount of MP with USF. You've just paid 10 fuel more.
Pioneers are completely underestimated by many Ostheer players, their flammer upgrade is probably the best first ammo investment of all factions.
2- You're not supposed to cap at least 3/4 of the map in the first 5 minutes in order to have a chance to win the game as Ostheer. you can sit at your cutoff + fuel/munition while the USF need to control the rest of the map to keep his chance to win. That's why you start with the possibility to build a MG and USF not.
So in term of time, you have plenty of time to consolidate your sector before the USF comes with that number of units. That's why I catch so many Ostheer overextending, they believe they can early push and get cut from their line of support.
4- If I was blobbing, I would lost 100% of the time. Who can believe you that a blob of 2 REs + 2 or 3 Rifles can enter in a MG cone of fire and kill it when it is supported by 2 grenadier squads. Maybe it works with BARs or maybe it works with 1919, I don't know I'm usually not blobbing - And if I do, not into an MG cone of Fire.
17 Dec 2014, 15:11 PM

I use it all the time..well i use all HMG all the time, The problem of the 50cal is not because it sucks but because it came too late, all other factions HMG, Maxim, HMG42, OKW's HMG car are all can come with first building, while US came from T2 which is pretty much arrive 5 min late compare to other HMGs so it wasn't effective on battlefield anymore as first wave of light armor arrives about same time, so many US player will choose directly T3 first than T2 to get early bazooka for early AT power to fight the light armors or they choose M20 over HMG, I actually do too, because M20 is more effective compare to the 50cal.

Most people underestimate the ability and usefulness of a late HMG. Pesky Veteren squads? Suppress their asses! Now your AT Guns can move up unmolested!!!

Problem with the 50 is it suffers even more from the frontal LOL DIE MOTHERFUCKER that all MGs are suffereing from now and costs more to boot!

How to kill a 50 cal

1.) Single Rnade...frontally...while suppressed GOOD BYE 280MP!
2.) Single Ober Squad Frontally with his BUCK RODGERS GUN FROM THE FUTURE!!!!! sniping the gunner again and again GOOD BYE 280MP!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★