Login

russian armor

Btw where is the Goliath Relic ?

6 Dec 2014, 22:58 PM
Donator 22

I think the only thing I used Goliaths for in vCOH was booby trapping bridges or spamming uncontrollably for the trolz.

Nothing beat sending a Goliath toward a bridge when a king tiger was crossing... Insta-gg!

Teamkiller. :hijack:
7 Dec 2014, 09:49 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Demo's are the easiest way to wipe squads. They don't require much effort at all. Having a vet 5 ober squad for example suddenly disappear for 90 munis is hugely influential on the game. Either bring back the golaith or allow axis pioneers to plant demos. This would also make it easier for axis players dealing with the unstoppable rifle/airborne or con/shock blobs. If you guys remember back in the day golaiths were the only proper counter to the terrifying brit blob.
7 Dec 2014, 10:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

As awesome as Goliaths were, I would rather just see Soviet and USF demo charges get nerfed. One button squad wipes are dumb.
7 Dec 2014, 10:46 AM

As awesome as Goliaths were, I would rather just see Soviet and USF demo charges get nerfed. One button squad wipes are dumb.

I agree, and yet, they have been in the game for a long time now :(

However, if you nerf Demo damage, they'll probably just become useless.. maybe make them more easily spotted by minesweepers and destroyed by nades/tanks/AT guns/mortars?
You know, allow some counter-play.
7 Dec 2014, 23:12 PM
Patrion 28

one of the problems with demos right now is that even if you see them you can't reliably kill them without AT weapons and then you have to actually hit the tiny thing. you can't clear them with sweepers if the other player is paying attention and RG/grenades don't always pen.
8 Dec 2014, 14:56 PM

Demo's are the easiest way to wipe squads. They don't require much effort at all. Having a vet 5 ober squad for example suddenly disappear for 90 munis is hugely influential on the game. Either bring back the golaith or allow axis pioneers to plant demos. This would also make it easier for axis players dealing with the unstoppable rifle/airborne or con/shock blobs. If you guys remember back in the day golaiths were the only proper counter to the terrifying brit blob.

Now the roles are reversed with Obers and shrek blobs. I think Allies should have demos to fight these over powered infantry of OKW.
8 Dec 2014, 14:57 PM

Where is Goliath so Wehrmacht could ambush US or Sov troops too? And destroy buildings f

In the same place where Flak 88 is :D. And that's not COH2.
8 Dec 2014, 15:08 PM
Patrion 14

Goliaths are cool units. One of my favorites.
8 Dec 2014, 15:28 PM

Right?

8 Dec 2014, 17:12 PM

I too would like to see the Goliath. Another time where there is no "Asymmetrical" balance. Just one side having something the other doesnt get. Blob counters should be easily obtained by all.
8 Dec 2014, 18:09 PM

+1
8 Dec 2014, 19:54 PM

I think the only thing I used Goliaths for in vCOH was booby trapping bridges or spamming uncontrollably for the trolz.

Nothing beat sending a Goliath toward a bridge when a king tiger was crossing... Insta-gg!

I did that as well. That was so much fun and exhilarating.

I'd love to see the Goliath again.
8 Dec 2014, 19:57 PM

Then add demo for RE if you want to see Goliaths again.

Also, germans have zero need for the Goliaths as they have enough blob-punisher and anti-building units in their arsenal. It would just lead to abuse :P
8 Dec 2014, 19:59 PM

Then add demo for RE if you want to see Goliaths again.

Put them in a Doctrine and tie it to an expensive unit/bunker that needs to place them. Asymmetrical Balance.
8 Dec 2014, 20:18 PM

Or just go "the soviet way".

Give goliath to axis.

On most gimmicky, non competitive and useless doctrine a man can thing off which after picking would equal to shooting yourself in the foot, like all the actually cool and fun soviet stuff we usually get.
8 Dec 2014, 20:35 PM

Or just go "the soviet way".

Give goliath to axis.

On most gimmicky, non competitive and useless doctrine a man can thing off which after picking would equal to shooting yourself in the foot, like all the actually cool and fun soviet stuff we usually get.

Well Assault Engis arent useless :)
8 Dec 2014, 20:37 PM

No nerf to democharges unless they nerf blobbing in some way. It's annoying that people say there are ways to counter blobbing, but then turn around and ask for those counters to be nerfed. Happened to Machine Guns awhile back, happened to the Panzerwerfer and the Katyusha (although this one got changed again), and now people are complaining about OKW Rocket Artillery and Allied Demolitions. The only thing left to counter blobbing will be to "be better than them", which a lot of high level players like to answer.
8 Dec 2014, 20:47 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Well said, Hansi :) (and you did not advocate Kantai either ;))

8 Dec 2014, 20:52 PM

The problem I would say with the Goliath would be the mobility compared to a demo charge, not to mention the fact Allies only resort to blobbing for lack of really anything else. Would rather see more unit variation and other things fixed than "Band Aid" units being put in the game.
8 Dec 2014, 21:01 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

The problem I would say with the Goliath would be the mobility compared to a demo charge, not to mention the fact Allies only resort to blobbing for lack of really anything else. Would rather see more unit variation and other things fixed than "Band Aid" units being put in the game.

Yes..... but the Goliath is not 'autowin'. It can be shot up.

The best thing about the Goliath, I think, is that it makes (alert) blobbers about-face and retreat. Non-alert blobbers get penalised appropriately :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★