Login

russian armor

Was molotovs that heavy?

18 Dec 2014, 11:50 AM
Donator 11

Historically, Molotovs were used against vehicles, with the aim of hitting the engine vents.

When confronting infantry, they would use proper grenades, that killed instantaneously, a much more desirable result.

The Molotov of CoH2 is asymmetric for the sake of asymmetric.

True, molotov was mostly used as at nade and was almost as effective as shreck in city fights, what's more it is basically the only nade that should couse engine crit as it set tanks engine on fire when thrown on the top of it.

The best thing about molotov was that it was easy to prepare so it was used mostly by irregular forces like partisans, or by soldiers that were not delivered new grenades.

Russians also had really good at granades that killed most german tank instantaneously, the molotov was popular because it was easy to prepare on the front, even with supplies cut.
18 Dec 2014, 12:23 PM
Donator 11

And is yet another example of poor game design as a result...

How is that poor game design?
You would prefer a completely mirrored faction design? Sounds boring to me.

18 Dec 2014, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 12:23 PMkamk

How is that poor game design?
You would prefer a completely mirrored faction design? Sounds boring to me.

Presumably you'd like for the Axis factions to be firing laser bolts, since USF and Soviets already use bullets?

Asymmetric and all that rubbish.
18 Dec 2014, 13:38 PM

maybe not run through the open with your cons to throw one if you know that's a bad plan?
I do believe the animation could be sped up every other grenade in the game has a faster animation except for maybe the rifle grenade but that animation is hard to spot and the ability has a way better range.
18 Dec 2014, 14:05 PM

Historically, Molotovs were used against vehicles, with the aim of hitting the engine vents.

When confronting infantry, they would use proper grenades, that killed instantaneously, a much more desirable result.

The Molotov of CoH2 is asymmetric for the sake of asymmetric.

I recalled Relic said flame weapon was designed to be effective against vehicle at COH2 alpha stage, looks like they give it up just for balancing.
18 Dec 2014, 15:02 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 14:05 PMPorygon

I recalled Relic said flame weapon was designed to be effective against vehicle at COH2 alpha stage, looks like they give it up just for balancing.

Imagine double flamer M5 halftrack flanking your P4 and flaming it to death
18 Dec 2014, 16:43 PM

Molotov as AI and AT grenade at once would be nice solution since Cons suck at combat.
18 Dec 2014, 17:03 PM

Well, they are rather crude devices compared to much smaller modern grenades. You have a flimsy, un-aerodynamic bottle filled with flammable liquid and a flaming rag sticking out of the top. I too would take caution with one of those fucking things.

According to wikipedia a Mk2 grenade weighed 1 lb 5oz, a molotov probably weighed around 2 pounds. Not that much heavier.
19 Dec 2014, 00:14 AM

According to wikipedia a Mk2 grenade weighed 1 lb 5oz, a molotov probably weighed around 2 pounds. Not that much heavier.

one grenade weight is same as 1 lesbian and 5 australians? and molotov weights as much as British coin?
19 Dec 2014, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 14:05 PMPorygon

Yeah that was removed, although in the Beta they could still cause "Engine Overheat" but everyone complained and that was removed as well. Of course, at the time Flamethowers in general were so strong that Combat Engineers could solo Panzergrenadiers with favorable odds.

One is solid and stable, the other is full of sticky sloshing liquid with a burning rag inches from your hand. I'm sure they could throw it faster, but I assume there's also be a random chance of a "scorched hand" critical that prevents the thrower from using his rifle afterward.
19 Dec 2014, 08:06 AM

I'm pretty sure the reason the Molotov takes so long to throw is because the conscript throwing it takes one last sip from his bottle of vodka before lighting it and hurling it at the enemy it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★