Login

russian armor

THQ would do coh2 pay to win?

23 Apr 2013, 13:03 PM

I have found in the cache this url https://thq.beta.pok.fatfoogoo.com/game/coh2/store/ that like shop ui. Someone know something about this? Seriusly coh2 can/could become a p2w? I have doubts for the future of this game, i hope that sega don't gonna fuck coh2.
23 Apr 2013, 13:15 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

People found that asset in the Alpha when the game was still under THQ. Who knows how the marketing strategy has changed in the last couple of months under Sega.

We know that Sega and Relic will want to maximize profit from COH2. The first game gave us 6 years of entertainment for a pittance of a cost if you average it out. I think there has been enough pressure from the community for them NOT to make COH2 pay-to-win.

We also know there will be DLC and additional stuff to buy for the game, we just don't have all of the details yet. I expect some kind of hybrid. Anywho, it's no surprise that there is some kind of "store" involved.
23 Apr 2013, 13:53 PM

I'll be a happy camper if there is strong DLC support for CoH 2. Paying to unlock level unlocks early is also fine by me, since it helps people who don't have the time to play a lot to still get the extra content. (and since levels have nothing to do with skill)

As long as there isn't a doctrine or so that I have to pay to get. :p
23 Apr 2013, 14:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

actually it seemed to be leaning that way. honestly im glad (in a way) they went out of business. they might have ruined coh2.
23 Apr 2013, 16:22 PM

I am sure there will be commanders that can be purchased.
23 Apr 2013, 16:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I'll be a happy camper if there is strong DLC support for CoH 2. Paying to unlock level unlocks early is also fine by me, since it helps people who don't have the time to play a lot to still get the extra content. (and since levels have nothing to do with skill)

As long as there isn't a doctrine or so that I have to pay to get. :p

yep im fine with this 2 as long as the doctrines are balanced (if they aren't they should be nerfed and buffed accordinly.) and you can unlock them by plying the game normal.
23 Apr 2013, 16:28 PM
23 Apr 2013, 19:08 PM

""We'll get the game out we wanted to get out. Had THQ managed to survive under their new investors, I have a really positive feeling the same conversations would have taken place. We would have had some breathing room to go, okay, we're not tied to that quarter. That quarterly release schedule is challenging for developers, and I think for publishers, too. An extra month or two here and there can make such a difference for a game's perceived quality. It gives us just a little bit more of room."

that is exactly why I was thrilled about the delayed release date. Great article. ^_^
26 Apr 2013, 02:30 AM

It seems they're going to have a decent amount of aesthetic changes that you can pay for, skins and such. It's highly unlikely it will be p2w though, or the game will never become an esport. I'd be surprised if Relic and Sega didn't understand that.
26 Apr 2013, 02:53 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah making players pay for units would be like making them pay to unlock Kangaroo Carriers or T-17s or something. Relic would never try something like that. And with all the work Relic has put into making CoH 2 an esport (all the added esport features I mean) it's pretty clear that they're worried about how much of an esport the game will be.
26 Apr 2013, 03:18 AM
Benefactor 115

Magic the gathering is pay to win and it's popular, very, very popular and popularity combined with mind share is all you really need to help grow a big competitive community.
23 Nov 2013, 15:54 PM

Yeah making players pay for units would be like making them pay to unlock Kangaroo Carriers or T-17s or something. Relic would never try something like that. And with all the work Relic has put into making CoH 2 an esport (all the added esport features I mean) it's pretty clear that they're worried about how much of an esport the game will be.

It's quite funny to read threads like this now :)
23 Nov 2013, 17:50 PM

Extreme thread necro aside, that's a pretty tongue in cheek dig at how Tales of Valor went down. Not the best example to pull up from April methinks. :P
23 Nov 2013, 18:15 PM

All that optimism went down the drain. We didn't even have chat rooms until previous patch. "All the added E-Sport features", yeah, I wish we would have that. Juding by that old article it would seem like we were going to have an improved replay system, spectator mode, reconnecting options etc. right when the game was released. Despite Relics and SEGAs disgusting sale tactics we're not getting a fucking thing back, except for new overpowered and unimaginative commanders to buy each month.
23 Nov 2013, 18:23 PM

Haha, well it's easy to say the community didn't see the shitstorm coming!
23 Nov 2013, 18:29 PM
Benefactor 115

All that optimism went down the drain. We didn't even have chat rooms until previous patch.

yeah, thank god we have them now, the community loves them
23 Nov 2013, 18:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

that's a bug, u have to join chats to see how many people are in.
23 Nov 2013, 18:50 PM

Tuvok: The chat rooms we have now are worthless. It's not like in CoH1 where you were automatically assigned to a chat room as soon as you started the game, that explains the low amount of people actually using them. And that's not all, you can't see the amount of people in the chat rooms until you click on them.

We got one game feature from Relic in the latest patch, and that was at the very bottom of the priority list of the community. AND IT WAS NOT EVEN WELL DONE. It's like they piss in your mouth and punches you on in the face afterwards when not giving us things for buying their DLC crap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 19
unknown 4
United Kingdom 163
Germany 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %