Login

russian armor

suggestion to deter blobbing volks shrecks

1 Dec 2014, 19:56 PM

So the complaint of most of the players is the Volkshreck blob assisted by obers is kind of annoying and not fun.

Some have suggested to decrease the accuracy of shreck at range ,

Here is my suggestion, Increase the reinforcement MP cost for volks if they get shreck upgrade, he can blob all he wants but if he looses the first engagement it should proove costly for him to reinforce.
1 Dec 2014, 20:01 PM

First: discuss if there is any strategies that can beat the "combined arms" from okw.
If not: nerf them.
The first point has barely been discussed.
1 Dec 2014, 20:55 PM

First: discuss if there is any strategies that can beat the "combined arms" from okw.
If not: nerf them.
The first point has barely been discussed.

Another point to consider-shreck nerfed ,fuel starved OKW is supoosed to hold out with what?Raketenlol?
Nerf is not possible until OKW non-fuel AT is made reliable/durable.
1 Dec 2014, 21:57 PM

Another point to consider-shreck nerfed ,fuel starved OKW is supoosed to hold out with what?Raketenlol?
Nerf is not possible until OKW non-fuel AT is made reliable/durable.

I would like to think that there is a consensus that the r43 gets changed so its more reliable if a panzerschreck nerf is incorporated...
1 Dec 2014, 22:15 PM

I would like to think that there is a consensus that the r43 gets changed so its more reliable if a panzerschreck nerf is incorporated...

And about ostheer?Pzgrens get further nerf..
1 Dec 2014, 22:19 PM

So the complaint of most of the players is the Volkshreck blob assisted by obers is kind of annoying and not fun.

Yeah but most of them are biased. At the moment their is no excuse safe for poor play to lose a tank to unsupported volks shreks. especially not for the usf. for volk witha shrek you can have a rifle with 2 bars.

right now its a combination of combined arms and strategy that wins you the game. Right now people are complaining that the okw has simple but effective unit setup thats incredibly resistant that most cheese tactics of the soviets hence the complaining.
1 Dec 2014, 22:21 PM

I would like it if all handheld AT weapons provided 0 xp for the infantry squad holding it. So no spontaneous vet 5 volks. Shouldnt affect panzergrenadiers that much.

Also a r43 regardless...
1 Dec 2014, 23:10 PM

I recommend fast-teching to Su-76. It's a super effective unit generally and it will just eat shrek blobs for breakfast.

If you're playing USF I recommend countering volk blobs with WC51.
2 Dec 2014, 00:18 AM

Although I don't agree with a nerf, Panzergrenadier's Panzerschrecks are a different weapon as far as the game's filing is concerned, and changes to the OKW Panzerschreck will not effect them.
2 Dec 2014, 05:10 AM

Why do allies complain about "OP" volks shrek blobs? Common sense dictates to me that if I am an allied player and I see a volks shrek blob, I say to myself "because of the shreks, that blob is handicapped on the AI front" so I build an AI blob to counter it. Or are volks deemed so OP that even with shreks they can take on rifles with lmgs, shocks, etc?

I think allies just want to complain about every single unit the OKW has. Next it will be the infrared halftrack or ISG.
2 Dec 2014, 05:31 AM

Why do allies complain about "OP" volks shrek blobs? Common sense dictates to me that if I am an allied player and I see a volks shrek blob, I say to myself "because of the shreks, that blob is handicapped on the AI front" so I build an AI blob to counter it. Or are volks deemed so OP that even with shreks they can take on rifles with lmgs, shocks, etc?

I think allies just want to complain about every single unit the OKW has. Next it will be the infrared halftrack or ISG.

I think you dint read my OP correctly i said Volks shreck assited by Obers.. its pretty hard to counter and even if you win the engagement with BAR rifles he can replenish the losses more cost effectively(Man power wise) than you. So after like 2 or 3 skrims you would have bled more manpower than him even if you had the upper hand.

As some suggested a good combined arms from US like HMG assisted BARs can win it its micro intensive requires more skill than OKW player with 3 Shreck volks + 2 obers + 1 Raketn / IEG (i hate IEG) at controlling units.

i am ok with the current balance either ways it just makes me become better as US player
2 Dec 2014, 05:45 AM
Patrion 28

when a blob has ~~5 volks, with or without shreks, it does a shit ton of damage. not as much as that many grens or rifles but enough that you need around that many squads of your own or an HMG to fight it. when they have AT it means tanks are a terrible idea because they'll die instantly. if there are obers in there it's even worse because the damage is even higher.

when blobbing becomes an issue is when someone makes a more balanced build. you could argue that they should see what the enemy is building and make units to counter that. in some cases that's doable. in others, the map or faction mean that you can't. the simplest counter to a shrek blob is multiple HMGs though. the M2 is particularly effective.
2 Dec 2014, 05:55 AM

I still think obers are a huge part of the issue. Obers are so insanely efficient at killing infantry that you really need vehicles to counter them at which point the volks/shrek blob makes using combined arms an issue. Make obers buy their lmg or just tone the damn thing down to sane levels of dps.
2 Dec 2014, 06:01 AM

when a blob has ~~5 volks, with or without shreks, it does a shit ton of damage. not as much as that many grens or rifles but enough that you need around that many squads of your own or an HMG to fight it.

Well, nothing wrong with needing that many squads of your own or HMG. As an axis player when I see huge blobs of allied infantry a-moving at me I have to have that many squads of my own + HMG as well. Except that I can never get that many squads of my own, and if I'm playing OKW I can't get an HMG either.

In truth I can never build a blob big enough to counter an allied blob. If I'm playing wehr and he's blobbing I have to back up, let him have map, and start spamming doctrinal mortar halftracks. If I'm playing OKW, things are much more difficult, and pretty much nothing works.

when they have AT it means tanks are a terrible idea because they'll die instantly.

I have the same issue as axis. Blobs backed by AT are hell to deal with. But the worst thing to deal with as OKW is the cheese soviet support weapons spam.

In truth, at least as OKW I've never been able to punish an allied blobber enough. Oh, I can punish him by building the hardest counters I can and just slaughtering his stuff over and over. But I can't punish him ENOUGH. As OKW, no matter how much pain you inflict to an allied blobber, it is never enough. He can always replenish his blobs. I've had games where I had all my fuel in 3 stukas, but that wasn't enough even with them firing as often as possible (plus a good blobber always keeps his blob moving and never stops). I've tried going the scavenge commander just so I can spam ostwinds but they come too late and either way are countered by AT. I've tried spamming ISGs but they suck so I never attempt that route anymore. The flacktrack will always die with absolutely nothing to show for itself. Etc. etc. etc.

The point is, as axis it is at least as hard dealing with allied blobs, and in my personal opinion, worse.
2 Dec 2014, 06:06 AM

I'm enjoying..finally rifle blobbers getting a taste of their own medicine.As an ostheer player its nice to see some of these very spam blobbers now complaining about blobbing.
2 Dec 2014, 08:26 AM

Another thing is when they vet, they simply don't die. At vet 5 they get HUGE received accuracy reduction and a blob of 3-4 vet 5 volk can kill everything in its path, Infantry and vehicles. If you add one or two ubers then its GG.
2 Dec 2014, 08:41 AM

Gentlemen! Yesterday I dealt with shreckvolks & obers blob with 1 sherman with HE. If you ask how just cover them with your smoke bombs and crush them over. If you have .50 cal upgrade things are even better. And have a Jackson to cover your M4 from enemy armor.
2 Dec 2014, 09:13 AM

Gentlemen! Yesterday I dealt with shreckvolks & obers blob with 1 sherman with HE. If you ask how just cover them with your smoke bombs and crush them over. If you have .50 cal upgrade things are even better. And have a Jackson to cover your M4 from enemy armor.

smoke as cover to advance ( i use it to retreat) nice use .. will try and see if that helps, every time i rush 1 or 2 shremans to crush them shreck blobs , i get shrecked bad.. may be the smoke will do the trick ..
2 Dec 2014, 09:43 AM

On the top of my head. Demo, mine, B-4, Bm-13. Well anything that goes Boom and doesn't put your own units in danger.

I agree it is annoying but you just need that one hit to gimp the opponent.
2 Dec 2014, 11:15 AM

On the top of my head. Demo, mine, B-4, Bm-13. Well anything that goes Boom and doesn't put your own units in danger.

I agree it is annoying but you just need that one hit to gimp the opponent.

Soviets can handle them blobs, shocks hidden behind shot blocker are amazing, ive see 3-4 shreck blob shredded by a single shock waiting behind a bush.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 109
unknown 10
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak