Login

russian armor

Fury Movie! Tiger vs Sherman

PAGES (7)down
1 Dec 2014, 01:31 AM

Did you guys see the Fury movie? how much ass tearing job is to kill a tiger? :p
    you USF are so lucky in Company of heroes 2 LoL :D you can easily kill a Tiger!

1 Dec 2014, 01:37 AM

This is not the full scene from the movie. The Tiger takes out the entire convoy except for Fury. It was definitely not easy. Maybe you should watch the movie before criticizing it.
    1 Dec 2014, 01:48 AM

For those unaware of the full scene(Beware spoilers):
    1. The Tiger ambushes the convoy of 4 shermans killing one with the first round.
    2. The shermans fire smoke shells in front of the tiger.
    3. The shermans realize they can't back out due to the woods behind them and begin to charge meanwhile the tiger moves through the smoke to persue.
    4. The shermans engage but rounds from all three fail to penetrate.
    5. The tiger shell kills the commander of one of the shermans in the charge next shell hits and blows up the sherman.
    6. The two remaining shermans both flank on opposite directions.
    7. Tiger takes out one of the shermans as they attempt to flank and begins turning it turret to face fury.
    8. Fury begins circling it but the tiger fires a round the scrapes the side of fury damaging the tank and forcing them to switch to manually turning the turret.
    9. Fury just barely make it to the rear of the tiger and it takes two rounds until it finally bursts into flames.

This movie did not make the Tiger out to be weak. The heroes just barely survived.

1 Dec 2014, 01:57 AM

Four Sherman down for one Axis Tiger. Portrayed the tactics Allied tankers had to do at that stage of the war perfectly. Only penning shot was from the Fury (easy 8, The other Sherman were a mix of Sherman types) from the rear, textbook in a way, after the loss of the other crews.

Sad day for the ones on the ground, a victory for the Officers at the planning table.
    1 Dec 2014, 02:11 AM

I think the part when fury takes out the tiger was not realistic since in reality a tiger commander (I assume) is not that silly to be taken out easily like that and let the sherman goes behind him, when he could avoid that easily, plus wouldn't 3 shermans through smoke, etc! but anyways that was the movie story! ;P
    1 Dec 2014, 02:21 AM

i just watched this movie today, I have to say Fury took 2 shots from tiger on rear without blow up in pieces like other 3 tanks do is amazing. also at end of movie those german nades throw in the tank to brad pitts feet remind me of agren's nade, 2 nades blow up brad pitts and the dead guy still in 1 piece. also the blue and red vapor trail of the bullets make me feel I am watching Star Wars instead of a WWII movie
    1 Dec 2014, 02:25 AM

I think the part when fury takes out the tiger was not realistic since in reality a tiger commander (I assume) is not that silly to be taken out easily like that and let the sherman goes behind him, when he could avoid that easily, plus wouldn't 3 shermans through smoke, etc! but anyways that was the movie story! ;P
    It was a mistake by the tiger crew. It believed the shermans were going to use the smoke to run away so it attempted to go after them. It was probably caught off guard to see them charging instead.
    1 Dec 2014, 02:28 AM

i just watched this movie today, I have to say Fury took 2 shots from tiger on rear without blow up in pieces like other 3 tanks do is amazing. also at end of movie those german nades throw in the tank to brad pitts feet remind me of agren's nade, 2 nades blow up brad pitts and the dead guy still in 1 piece. also the blue and red vapor trail of the bullets make me feel I am watching Star Wars instead of a WWII movie
    They weren't direct hits. They ricocheted off the side which can happen. Also the trails of the guns are tracer rounds. Used to tell where the bullets are going to increase accuracy.
    1 Dec 2014, 02:40 AM

They weren't direct hits. They ricocheted off the side which can happen. Also the trails of the guns are tracer rounds. Used to tell where the bullets are going to increase accuracy.

ya i know they are tracer rounds but aren't tracer rounds all white? instead of blue and red like laser beam in Sci-Fi movies
    1 Dec 2014, 02:41 AM

It was a mistake by the tiger crew. It believed the shermans were going to use the smoke to run away so it attempted to go after them. It was probably caught off guard to see them charging instead.

That's why I believe a Tiger commander wouldn't do such a mistake, plus the Fury seemed to have double a Kingtiger's armor in that movie!! lol too unrealistic anyways!
    1 Dec 2014, 02:47 AM

That's why I believe a Tiger commander wouldn't do such a mistake, plus the Fury seemed to have double a Kingtiger's armor in that movie!! lol too unrealistic anyways!
    Why are tiger commanders immune from making mistakes. Especially this late into the war it was probably an old fixed up tiger manned by somewhat new under-trained recruits.
    Besides having the main characters die halfway through the movie probably wont sell very well.
    1 Dec 2014, 02:49 AM

ya i know they are tracer rounds but aren't tracer rounds all white? instead of blue and red like laser beam in Sci-Fi movies
    Tracers can vary in color.
    1 Dec 2014, 02:54 AM
    Donator 11

Four Sherman down for one Axis Tiger. Portrayed the tactics Allied tankers had to do at that stage of the war perfectly. Only penning shot was from the Fury (easy 8, The other Sherman were a mix of Sherman types) from the rear, textbook in a way, after the loss of the other crews.

Sad day for the ones on the ground, a victory for the Officers at the planning table.

If by portrayed perfectly you mean giving in to the mantra of "5 shermans to 1 tiger/panther/pz4/farm tractor" then yeah I guess they couldn't really do any better.

Criticisms off the top of my head:
    In reality the side armor of a tiger is exactly the same as it's rear (80mm) and can be penetrated at over a kilometer (turret side included) by the 76mm.

1 Dec 2014, 02:57 AM

In Reality we don't know what really would of happened. Chance is always a factor and none of us was there.

But its a movie.
    1 Dec 2014, 03:01 AM

I was digging it until at some point a Hollywood executive said "Wait a Minute we didnt kill enough Nazis!!! I KNOW!!!! *enter final scene"

Spoiler Alert:

With a Disabled Sherman the Crew would have said PEACE OUT and walked away.
    1 Dec 2014, 03:03 AM

Omega_Warrior is very serious :P :v
    1 Dec 2014, 03:05 AM
    Donator 11

Movies are art and art is made to be thought and commentated on!

And just because none of us were there and random nonsense happens doesn't mean we don't have a good idea of how it would have happened or what did happen.

Armies don't spend small fortunes collecting, compiling, and analyzing every little thing for nothing after all.
    1 Dec 2014, 03:11 AM

Omega_Warrior is very serious :P :v
    If anything I think people get way too serious about their german tanks. "How dare the protagonists beat superior german steel. If this was realistic they should just get blown up in the second act." :p
    1 Dec 2014, 07:15 AM

At the range they were fighting the 76mm high velocity on Fury would have had no problem going through the front of a Tiger
    1 Dec 2014, 07:54 AM

There were green tracers too. Should be glad those were left out XD
    PAGES (7)down
    1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
    unknown 20
    South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L