Login

russian armor

Canister shot

4 Dec 2014, 21:05 PM

I could say the same about the Walking stuka and the Sturmtiger.

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but maybe he really doesn't get it.

Stuka; expensive, midgame, doesnt track units, howling sound when firing, can be dodged with average effort if you're not asleep in front of your PC.

Sturmtiger; expensive, lategame, takes forever to reload, slow, doesn't track, can easily be avoided once you see the ST raising it's barrel.

Greyhound; Cheap, fast, no teching required, reliably oneshots squads for 50muni, tracks target unit (even on retreat), comes late early game/early midgame.

Spot the difference yourself or l2p.
4 Dec 2014, 22:28 PM

It is just fine you are not considering that EVERYTHING else with that doc fn sucks. It is an early game doc meant to do that in the long run your probably gonna win regardless of the squad wipes I mean it takes two friggen shrek hits to kill it. The pathfinders suck in that doc and the paratroopers come WAAAAY too late everyone has vetted upgraded inf by then there just worthless.

Also you can't easily dodge a stukka it is a gamble they can guess wich way your going to try to dodge and still get you, you can even retreat and they still get you by predicting it which on a lot of maps is really easy to do like say ettlebrook.
4 Dec 2014, 22:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

something sucking does not justify something else being OP.
4 Dec 2014, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2014, 22:30 PMRomeo
something sucking does not justify something else being OP.
'

If this doctrine did not have the greyhound it would be totatly useless and no one would use it. Saying that I think the unit is fine considering what there losing by choosing to go this route. It is also just an opinion that it is op to begin with just saying respectfully.
4 Dec 2014, 22:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Then the rest of the doctrine should be fixed along with well-deserved nerfs to canister round.
4 Dec 2014, 22:50 PM

I would agree with that.
4 Dec 2014, 22:55 PM

The super paratrooper drop to me seems like an inefficient variation of Airborne's paratroopers. For... What is it again, 900 mp? Which calls in two paratroopers with random munitions costing weapons (mostly good) and an unmanned AT gun... The ability would certainly be used more if an AT gun didnt make it cost way more than an ability should cost (as in, an AT gun kind of doesnt need to be included). Other than the greyhound (which is only good for nuke cannister), everything else is extremely... Meh. Why choose it over any of the other 5 commanders? Im certainly for a revision of the commander.
4 Dec 2014, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2014, 22:49 PMRomeo
Then the rest of the doctrine should be fixed along with well-deserved nerfs to canister round.

Its a doctrine with 2 kinds of reckon abilities and reckon, combat ineffective troops which at least have somewhat effective abilities.

As a cherry on top, you get ultra menpower heavy call-in with unreliable weapons on a faction that is extremely menpower heavy and punishes you for using it by forcing you to spend additional 80-120mp on AT gun or donate it to enemy.

I can't really think of a possible way to save the doctrine when M8 would be nerfed.

Just like dodge truck IS a mechanized doctrine, the same way M8 is a reckon doctrine. Everything outside of that single ability is a bad quality filler.

Basically, if not for M8, I would say that sierra together with lolcake designed the doctrine.
4 Dec 2014, 23:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

i reckon its recon
4 Dec 2014, 23:25 PM

i reckon its recon

4 Dec 2014, 23:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I could say the same about the Walking stuka and the Sturmtiger.

1. Using what you assume are broken units to justify broken units is no justification at all
2. Comparing the Sturmtiger to the Greyhound is just... :facepalm: Even the Stuka, debatable though its performance may be, has the cost to match its strength.

I'm quite sure you have watched neither replay. If your time is really so precious, just watch the second game, it's only 10 minutes long. Arguing for the sake of arguing, or just because you love a particular faction, is pretty damn stupid.

I can't really think of a possible way to save the doctrine when M8 would be nerfed.

Just like dodge truck IS a mechanized doctrine, the same way M8 is a reckon doctrine. Everything outside of that single ability is a bad quality filler.

1. IR Pathfinders are superb
2. do away with the current implementation of canister, make the greyhound useful in direct combat or make the shotgun shell useful in a way other than instawiping squads, and there you have it. The last two abilities of the doctrine are pretty subpar right now- i'd say the single pass recon run and the paratroopers could do with a cost drop. But that's just a relatively easy adjustment. The doctrine would definitely not be unsalvageable.
5 Dec 2014, 00:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

How to save a doctrine for dummies 101:
Chapter 1: Recon support company

-Reduce popcap on pathfinders, make them 2 man and give them rifles with sniper crit and extra range.
-Greyhound: buff cannon, nerf canister. Mindblown.
-Recon sweep: make it sweep at a slower speed so it stays a bit more.
-Airdropped Combat Group: 6CP. Remove AT gun and make it drop for 720mp 2 Airbone squad with random equipment.
5 Dec 2014, 00:35 AM

How to save a doctrine for dummies 101:
Chapter 1: Recon support company

-Reduce popcap on pathfinders, make them 2 man and give them rifles with sniper crit and extra range.
-Greyhound: buff cannon, nerf canister. Mindblown.
-Recon sweep: make it sweep at a slower speed so it stays a bit more.
-Airdropped Combat Group: 6CP. Remove AT gun and make it drop for 720mp 2 Airbone squad with random equipment.

Must... Keep.. The... OP!!!!
5 Dec 2014, 00:46 AM

Stuka; expensive, midgame, doesnt track units, howling sound when firing, can be dodged with average effort if you're not asleep in front of your PC.

So being expensive and coming out mid-game is a ok reason for it pretty much instant killing most inf units, even in a defensive posture?

Seeing I&R pathfinders is not a sign that you should get some AT ready for the grayhound?

Sturmtiger; expensive, lategame, takes forever to reload, slow, doesn't track, can easily be avoided once you see the ST raising it's barrel.

So being expensive and coming out late-game is a ok reason for it pretty much instant killing most inf units (even if its one squad at a time), can fire threw walls/anything in the world, even in a defensive posture?

Seeing I&R pathfinders is not a sign that you should get some AT ready for the grayhound?

Greyhound; Cheap, fast, no teching required, reliably oneshots squads for 50muni, tracks target unit (even on retreat), comes late early game/early midgame.

Because 50mui is cheap.

Spot the difference yourself or l2p.
5 Dec 2014, 00:52 AM

1. Nobody remotely smart is gonna get the pathfinders before greyhound exactly because there's no point in showing your hand before you play it.

2. A single PaK is just not gonna manage it without a faust, and you can't really faust because canister goes off faster.
5 Dec 2014, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2014, 00:52 AMCruzz

1. Nobody remotely smart is gonna get the pathfinders before greyhound exactly because there's no point in showing your hand before you play it.

So... anyone going recon is not going to use the I&R pathfinders to tip the next few engagements in there favor?
5 Dec 2014, 01:31 AM

So... anyone going recon is not going to use the I&R pathfinders to tip the next few engagements in there favor?

Well... Who uses I&R pathfinders anyways? And USF isnt going to spend its early munitions on its abilities, anyways... :/
5 Dec 2014, 01:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Well... Who uses I&R pathfinders anyways? And USF isnt going to spend its early munitions on its abilities, anyways... :/

I actually really like using the IR Pathfinders early (despite what Cruzzi says :p). Think I did so in the first replay too, though I wouldn't use it against solid grenspam or OKW w/o MG34s or forward medic truck. getting squadwipes on MGs early is nice, and catching a Pak is worth every penny.
5 Dec 2014, 01:54 AM

I actually really like using the IR Pathfinders early (despite what Cruzzi says :p). Think I did so in the first replay too, though I wouldn't use it against solid grenspam or OKW w/o MG34s or forward medic truck. getting squadwipes on MGs early is nice, and catching a Pak is worth every penny.

That we can agree on, and extra firepower in a engagement is always a welcome.

To others, they are worth there weight in combat than just useing there arty call-in.
5 Dec 2014, 02:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

That we can agree on, and extra firepower in a engagement is always a welcome.

To others, they are worth there weight in combat than just useing there arty call-in.

My bad, I didn't elaborate- i don't buy them or use them for combat because they're just terrible at it :P I get them for arty and capping/beacons.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★