Login

russian armor

OKW Anti Building

30 Nov 2014, 13:21 PM

So you mean I have to select a doctrine to counter heavy vehicles as Soviet, one of the most basic features of the game?

Did I say that? This thread is not about the calling meta and the performance of stock units bro. And yes, you have to rely on a doctrine to counter heavy axis units most of the time, and that's messed up too and needs to get fixed.
30 Nov 2014, 13:57 PM

The building mechanic in this game is simply dumb when not every faction gets proper tools to deal with them without unreasonably high effort. I have no trust in Relic to fix this in this game anyore. The latest change to buildings made things even worse in some ways.

You have seen some suggestions already what currently are the best ways to deal with this as OKW, you just have to try to make the best out of it. There is no really good way.

Small advice for you though: if you throw a grenade on a building, try to throw it instead in front of the entrance where the units will most likely leave. Most people just evade grenades by leaving the building before they explode and thus taking no damage; then they immediately enter it again. If you however throw it at the entrance, they will directly walk into the grenade and take heavy losses. Even if they don't leave the building which is unlikely, they often still take damage from it even inside the building. A trick that I learned during Dawn of War 2 which was just as annoying regarding buildings.
30 Nov 2014, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 08:27 AMSierra

That seems to be Allied Player logic behind most things.

Maybe that's because Allied players have had to do that with the Russians since Coh2 was released.
30 Nov 2014, 20:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Aproach with 2 units and run around and around?
Use green cover?
Shoot from the side with no windows?
30 Nov 2014, 20:54 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 10:20 AMRupert
In 1v1, just shoot the wall with a single window with sturms and volks - that's the only realistic option without wasting manpower/resorting to doctrines.

In team games have the OST get mortars and pio flamers.

Also don't try too hard to break the mg nests in ettelbruck before stuka. Just wire up northern area and force the fights out of mg range. Once stukas are out, all buildings will collapse in a single volley.

If its something like 4 OKW...good luck, because both WFA factions are limited in indirect fire.

And contrary to what some people claim, don't get AA halftrack for anti-garrison purposes...

Yeah i dont even seriously consider what some people writes anymore. Even in this thread, some people already made incorrect assumptions to promote allied factions. Some people can even be called allied vetlolcake. To actual posts, i actually like the idea of giving volks flamers and moving shreks to pio's, two birds with one stone.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★