Relic please, please Fix the guards:
- They are useless against tanks
- They are useless against infantry
- They cost 360 MP and require a lot of ammo
- They can not buy abandoned weapons
- They are available in 2 CP

they are useless, they are asked to fix ever since the beta test
29 Nov 2014, 19:56 PM

I beg to differ dear sir. For 360 I find them useful. I think you expect them to go toe to toe with Ubersoldaten or kill a panther for you, well that's not gonna happen. Use them as support units, they do quit well against light and even medium armor.
29 Nov 2014, 20:34 PM

Guards are pretty lackluster...

They can barely go toe to toe with Grens
29 Nov 2014, 20:49 PM

they can do some decent damage against obers and grens and with RNG they can kill instead of only do heavy damage to models.
29 Nov 2014, 21:03 PM

they can do some decent damage against obers and grens and with RNG they can kill instead of only do heavy damage to models.

I'd argue about that.
They don't have any spectacular DPS and against obers its decreased by 30% at the very least.

They are fine against Wehr, but are just a fodder for OKW if you don't go double sniper.
29 Nov 2014, 21:57 PM

They should do something to Okws Ht.
29 Nov 2014, 22:57 PM

Maybe some increased vision range or increased range on ptrs for more viability against flaktrack or luchs.
29 Nov 2014, 23:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-Option 1: make guards be able holster their PTRS.
-Option 2: make guards be able to holster their PTRS after buying DPS. No more viva piñatas!
-Replace vet1 with a "defensive stance" where they increased effectiveness of PTRS (range, rof, whatever).
29 Nov 2014, 23:52 PM

Relic please, please Fix the guards:
- They are useless against tanks
- They are useless against infantry
- They cost 360 MP and require a lot of ammo
- They can not buy abandoned weapons
- They are available in 2 CP

they are useless, they are asked to fix ever since the beta test

Just

They are for guarding your snipers not fighting at frontline.
30 Nov 2014, 01:58 AM

guess we should just deal with ISU, and obers as well
30 Nov 2014, 02:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2014, 23:52 PMVIPUKS

They are for guarding your snipers not fighting at frontline.

Well in real life they were elite units created to fight at frontline ex. 8th Guards Army was composed of soldiers who defended Stalingrad, 9th Guards Army was composed of Soviet paratroopers.

The 62nd Order of Lenin Army (Russian: 62-я армия) was a field army established by the Soviet Union's Red Army during the Second World War. Formed as the 7th Reserve Army as part of the Stavka Reserve in May 1942, the formation was designated as the 62nd Army the following month. After an epic combat performance in the Battle of Stalingrad, the 62nd Army was granted Guards status and renamed the 8th Guards Army in April 1943.
30 Nov 2014, 03:31 AM

itd be kind of cool if theyr range and/or button usefulness increased with veterency. They used to be worth it for button alone. Itd be cool to do pre-patch style buttoning if you manage to get one of them up to vet 3 or something

as they are theyre really only good against light vehicles, but conscripts are better because the at grenade is better than button.
30 Nov 2014, 07:52 AM

I think they should remove button, buff their penetration by a lot, and remove the dp upgrade (maybe put it on penals with no button). I feel like guards should be the soviet's infantry based AT option which are vulnerable to AI. Currently they're more like an AI squad that protects sniper openings from scout cars and then proceeds to hand over weapons for the rest of the game.
30 Nov 2014, 08:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 07:52 AMEnkidu
I think they should remove button, buff their penetration by a lot, and remove the dp upgrade (maybe put it on penals with no button). I feel like guards should be the soviet's infantry based AT option which are vulnerable to AI. Currently they're more like an AI squad that protects sniper openings from scout cars and then proceeds to hand over weapons for the rest of the game.

That's exactly the point. They are support troops to guard your snipers and team weapons early game, and they have good utility to help your other units (Zis, SU88 etc.) finish off even heavy tanks. Kind of jack of all trades.
Guards are fine as they are, the problem is Soviets do not have good core infantry, Cons simply die like flies and don't scale well, and penal are... well they are penals.
30 Nov 2014, 08:42 AM

The only good about them is their grenade and the "guards" in their name. Besides that they are a clumsy 360mp squad that constantly loses equipement.

-Option 1: make guards be able holster their PTRS.
-Option 2: make guards be able to holster their PTRS after buying DPS. No more viva piñatas!
-Replace vet1 with a "defensive stance" where they increased effectiveness of PTRS (range, rof, whatever).

+1
30 Nov 2014, 09:00 AM

They would be a bit better if there would be an option to buy PTRS/DP-28 for ammo. So you could call them in and choose to have anti vehicle or long range lmg unit, like in Theatre of War:

Other imbalance - Panzershrecks seem effective at infantry, they can hit inf models and kill them with 1 hit, yesterday I killed a soviet snajper unit with 1 shreck hit from close distance; but PTRS seem ineffective against inf.
30 Nov 2014, 09:28 AM

very awkward unit to use, but when they get their dp28s firing at a good constant pace, they are very useful as a line unit.

give dp-28s fotm so its the soviet version of bars, so they dont lose so much dps on the move and unlike bars, dp28s are great at range.
30 Nov 2014, 09:38 AM
Donator 11

Giving the ptrs a very long firing range would solve the problem imo.
30 Nov 2014, 14:17 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 09:28 AMwongtp
very awkward unit to use, but when they get their dp28s firing at a good constant pace, they are very useful as a line unit.

give dp-28s fotm so its the soviet version of bars, so they dont lose so much dps on the move and unlike bars, dp28s are great at range.

DP-28´s shooting on the move?`, i wonder why does this stat exists on COH2stats?

http://www.coh2-stats.com/small_arms/guard_troop_dp-28_light_machine_gun_moving_mp
30 Nov 2014, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 09:38 AMSirlami
Giving the ptrs a very long firing range would solve the problem imo.

It used to have 45 range, which actually made it somewhat decent, but then it was nerfed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★