Login

russian armor

[Developer] Map Improvement Poll

1 Dec 2014, 16:29 PM

I think that is not easy make a map with the similar characteristics and diferents things, but in a lot of maps the difference is sooo big
1 Dec 2014, 17:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

and the winner is:

rostov
hurtgen forest
city 17
semovisky summer
stalingrad
1 Dec 2014, 18:33 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 17:12 PMnigo
and the winner is:

rostov
hurtgen forest
city 17
semovisky summer
stalingrad

What information does this provide for the devs? You gotta be a little bit more specific.
1 Dec 2014, 18:41 PM
Senior Editor Badge

What information does this provide for the devs? You gotta be a little bit more specific.

its just only the top voted maps until now :P
1 Dec 2014, 22:06 PM

btw, I think this poll is retarded, why we have to choose 1 map from all of these maps? why not multiple map choose?
1 Dec 2014, 22:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

To identify the map that needs the most improvement and fix that one first I assume.
1 Dec 2014, 23:45 PM

Hertgen forest is fun but it needs two fixes.

1. The regular point above the southern VP has been a typical place were everyone wires it shut once they take it. With 3 tiny holes to plug it's far to easy to close off.

2. The fuel on the lower right is not as safe for the upper right player to take and hold. Clearly the upper left fuel point favors the bottom player due to the trenches, so they have an easier time defending there and thus prefer taking and holding that one as a priority. The converse is not a true. The other fuel point is equally accessible to either side. Every single game I've had where I had to choose that one, I had a harder time holding it. Defensibly these 2 fuels are not equal.
2 Dec 2014, 01:03 AM
Donator 22

There are quite a few I would fix, but Faceoff at Rostov is the most imba map out there IMHO.
2 Dec 2014, 01:26 AM
Patrion 14

Remove Useless Map Objects

Question about some maps.

Mega Thread Rescue of Maps

Reply to "relic looking for map feedback"

some useful threads from the past.

ALSO, it seems as though you guys at Relic thinks giving one side an advantage at one side of a map can be balanced by giving another side an advantage on the other side.

for example, in Lienne Forest, you gave Northern side an advantage on middle vp by giving them green covers and the train station. But the southern side has an advantage on the right vp (forest part), by having some trenches south of the right vp. doesn't work that way in practice though. To expand on Lienne Forest, first, the enemy flanking from forest is so much easier to contain while enemy flooding in from middle vp is much harder to contain due to open field and such.

p.s., add more vetoes and collect data from what maps get most vetoed if you aren't doing that already.
2 Dec 2014, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 22:29 PMRomeo
To identify the map that needs the most improvement and fix that one first I assume.

So now maps like Hurtgen forest (which is already broken, can't be fixed) and Rostov gets most votes...
2 Dec 2014, 09:08 AM

• Stalingrad
    Beautiful map, don't get me wrong, but just remove it. It's an Axis hell.

Made me chuckle :D
2 Dec 2014, 10:22 AM

I see great potential in Stalingrad, it just needs to be opened up quite a bit.
2 Dec 2014, 11:09 AM

Majority of maps are to large (distance between base/spawn point and points that are usually contested. Especially team maps like (4v4)

Its really annoying that units need 2 min to retreat to base and then 3-4 minutes to walk back.
Especially in team games (like 4v4) where there is a lot of indirect fire and players doubling up. Therefore need to retreat often.

That is my biggest beef with map design. Than there are campy maps, maps that favor one faction over other (eg. weird bottlenecks/building positions that clearly disadvantage player on one side over other).
2 Dec 2014, 20:47 PM

Can you please, please, please remove all the horrible deep snow around the west side base on kholodny ferma winter? It really is insufferable especially as units seem to LOVE pathfinding through the snow instead of on the road.
2 Dec 2014, 20:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

while you're at it please remove all deep snow in the game
3 Dec 2014, 06:39 AM

Also, can we please have Kholodny Ferma renamed to properly reflect the fact that Ferma is a feminine noun? Turning the game to Russian via Steam gets it right and calls it Холодная Ферма, or Kholodnaya Ferma. It's just a small thing that's always bugged me. :p
8 Dec 2014, 01:34 AM
Patrion 28

bumping this for Remove Rostov.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37308078/Stuff/Rostov.rec

the map is fucking broken but it's still in the auto match queue. you took out Hill 331, which is shit but not broken, moscow winter, which i don't remember any major problems with, rzehv summer (problem?), and Rostov is still fucking here.

don't bother watching the replay unless you don't understand how the map works.
11 Dec 2014, 07:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Probably been said before but there is this fence wall without gate in front of the east bottom base on faymonville approach that severely limits the access to the middle for factions without early vechicles limits
11 Dec 2014, 07:52 AM

bumping this for Remove Rostov.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37308078/Stuff/Rostov.rec

the map is fucking broken but it's still in the auto match queue. you took out Hill 331, which is shit but not broken, moscow winter, which i don't remember any major problems with, rzehv summer (problem?), and Rostov is still fucking here.

don't bother watching the replay unless you don't understand how the map works.

Yes agreed. Rostov is hell for anyone spawning on the Northern side
11 Dec 2014, 07:55 AM
Patrion 28

i don't have pictures but the north cutoff on moscow outskirts is hard to defend due to the fence on the north side. to get an MG effectively covering the point you have to go around the wooden and stone fences and then setup. the southern point is completely open on the bottom which makes it much easier to defend. to make matters worse, OKW and OKH have limited crush options (the OKW truck before the 2 or 3 minute mark) available with which to remove the fence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★