Login

russian armor

Lvl 19 german commander, balance?

22 Apr 2013, 20:42 PM

Now this isn't coming from a Soviet PoV, it is coming from someone who recently unlocked the Lvl 19 commander as Germans and since then in both 1v1 and 2v2 I haven't had any reason not to pick this guy ingame?

I don't know if the Opel Blitz Cargo Truck ability in itself causes the balance problems I, albeit granted limited experience, have experienced.

But the massive extra fuel income from the rather easily accessible truck if you have a good early game makes Tigers (why does a Field Support Doctrine have this heavy armor anyway?) rather spammable in the late game, not to mention the munitions. In my last 1v1 I was banking 1500+ munitions in the endgame and 500+ fuel, not sure how long it took but build an additional Tiger and next time I looked when the Tiger was ready I had almost as much fuel as before I build it.
On the munitions, granted I didn't use the off-map abilities as no targets really presented itself.
Before I am going to throw out any cries of "Q.Q he is massively OP, pl0x nerf"

What is your experience with him, both as the Soviets and/or as the Germans? How should the Soviets counter this guy, especially if they lose the early game and don't have time to harass (or at very least thoroughly search as the truck can be placed anywhere and not at the logical center point) my backsectors pumping out resourses?

If I should suggest for anything in this "support" doctrine, remove his Tiger.
Instead give him a Hetzer or something similiar in T3 as a replacement for Stug or as an additional unit.
Seems better suited for his "intended" role on the field. But that was just an idea popping into my head, partly because I am a Hetzer fan :)

22 Apr 2013, 20:56 PM

If you manage to survive it is really great. Had a 2 vs 2 this evening where we had 7 Tigers on the field.

But since it comes late at lvl 5 you can still be Conscript rushed and driven back. Then the enemy will also destroy some trucks and rape your base with heavy artillery.
22 Apr 2013, 21:17 PM

With Opel Blitz you gain 3 fuel (per minute) and 9 muni (?) and additional 12 muni when it's not placed in territory next to a base (per minute ofc)

Officer squad kinda useless, no upgrades, only good as support but still hard to find any good usage for them (you need to have Maultier spam)

Strafing - kinda OP, only pins, deals zero damage, good when performing attacks and sometimes good to drop it in enemy base just to buy some moar time for you

Tiger - nothing moar to say

Fragmentation bombs - nice off map bombings, deal nice damage to enemy infantry and bulding, and good that can stun enemy tanks

IMO this doc is very good in early, all other docs are more OP in late game
22 Apr 2013, 22:41 PM

Would you please define early Barton? Is it before armoured vehicles?

I don't find him good in early as his doctrinal abilities haven't really yet kicked in. I don't find him bad either though.

Have played a bit around with the officer, he seems nice to drop smoke in a pinch should you run into a machine gun fortification, especially early on.
But then again, it is his only unit in active frontline duty that reveals what doctrine is chosen. So I am tempted to forego him but later on when it doesn't matter as much
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
unknown 22
Germany 509
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %