Login

russian armor

CoH2 expansion ideas

22 Apr 2013, 13:59 PM

Fully aware of how early it is to discuss expansions (Though also aware that video game companies plan for these things very early on.), I would like to know what you guys think could be good for a major addition to the core game in the far future.

On my end, I like how they went for a main theme (Cold of eastern front) to add to the already excellent core game play of CoH1 and would like them to keep going with the same mentality. The cold mechanic is amazing and could easily be modified to represent intense heat in the desert (with sand storms?) or the danger of the climate in the pacific.

With that in mind, I would love a first expansion to cover the war in the pacific, introducing the Imperial Japanese army VS the US marine corp factions (Don't quote me on these titles, I am no WWII history buff.).

Main new features (Also usable by the core game Russian and German factions.):

- Close combat & Charges: Any non-support unit would be able to charge the enemy, taking significantly more damage from bullets in the process (And still affected by suppression.) to engage in close combat.

The maneuver should be very risky and taxing for the charging unit, and only be used to flank and temporarily disable strong ranged units such as MGs while other troops are moving forward. Elite units (and some special doctrine units) would be superior to conscripts and the like in melee, and Veterancy would add bonuses as well.

- A new campaign opposing the new factions!

New factions:

US marine corp: very similar to the CoH1 US army with doctrines often based on naval support for artillery and such. Not much to say there!

Imperial Japanese Army: A good way of introducing melee combat with doctrines that provide melee damage boost for a brief time when coming out of Camouflage. Army that relies a lot on ambushes with more ''exotic'' traps instead of the classic CoH mines.

Now lets hear your ideas!

PS: Any comments on how useless this discussion is will be disregarded. This is purely for fun. Any comments on my lack of historical knowledge related to the ideas I brought will be appreciated, but please keep it polite :)
22 Apr 2013, 14:05 PM

I don't trust Relic when it comes to adding new factions so no i don't like that idea, however more singleplayer content would be nice if it's done well.
22 Apr 2013, 14:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If they make an expansion pack/DLC whatever they wanna call it. I think it will be about the Ardennes Offensive Dec. 44/Jan.45 . Re-introducing the Americans and the Wehrmacht from vCoH. In a setting where they can use the new cold tech.
22 Apr 2013, 15:02 PM

If they make an expansion pack/DLC whatever they wanna call it. I think it will be about the Ardennes Offensive Dec. 44/Jan.45 . Re-introducing the Americans and the Wehrmacht from vCoH. In a setting where they can use the new cold tech.

Ardennes is a cool setting, I'd be down for that. Though original Wehrmacht plus Ostheer in the same game seems like it could be redundant.
22 Apr 2013, 15:06 PM

Something that uses CoH's damage engine on tanks, is inspired by Navy Field and let us duke it out on the seas with Carriers, Battleships, Destroyers and what have you :p

Yeah I really wish for an arcadey navy game that is still rooted in "realism"
22 Apr 2013, 20:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

honestly i don't want to see an expansion pack at all. with all the dlc the game already gonna have i don't want to see more factions then balance will be impossible.

there are already gonna have dlc for campaigns and commanders i don't need or want any more than that.
22 Apr 2013, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2013, 20:18 PMWiFiDi
honestly i don't want to see an expansion pack at all. with all the dlc the game already gonna have i don't want to see more factions then balance will be impossible.

there are already gonna have dlc for campaigns and commanders i don't need or want any more than that.

CoH3 then? :p
Hux
22 Apr 2013, 22:03 PM
Patrion 14

Why add an expansion that would be better suited to the original coh to the 2nd game that is on a different front completely??

Relic's main priority from now should be to balance coh2 as much as possible then move on to making CoH:Vietnam I like how the coh franchise has a really nice cinematic plot driven single player and this would work really well with the gritty Vietnam setting. Because... Imagine having Huey's In a Coh game...

22 Apr 2013, 22:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2013, 21:29 PMkrunsh

CoH3 then? :p

should be in Vietnam i think. :D or Korea thats what setting i wanted to see coh2 in.
22 Apr 2013, 23:01 PM

I think they should do the battle of the bulge , that will let em use the cold tech ( a bit less harshly i hope ) and hopefully give us a combination of am/brits, wehrmacht/pe and the type of fighting is well suited to coh style , italy could be a good place as well , with 4 armies too italians , germans , americans and brits
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 86

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight