Login

russian armor

Switzerland - The new axis faction

16 Nov 2014, 08:15 AM

I know that Switzerland was weak in WW2 and that they relied on old WW1 technology and equipment to outfit the Switzerland Army. There's simply no possibility of Switzerland being added to CoH2 whether as a new Army or as a commander; they're in the same boat as Sudan, Italy and Mexico was during WW2- they had absolutely nothing worthwhile and their troops were horrible.

Also, it doesn't really matter if Switzerland is on the map or not in that video. Switzerland literally was non existent in the war and thus can be considered part of Germany.

I begin to see a pattern here, obviously the canadian ministry of education is to blame.
16 Nov 2014, 12:23 PM

LoL this guys has absolutly zero clue what he is talking about
16 Nov 2014, 13:39 PM

How can Switzerland have borders? Its just a high mountain in Germany where they make chocolate.

LoL :p

Edit: Don´t underestimate the swiss. They are masters in fortifications to defend their choclate factories, especially against the belgians. :D

16 Nov 2014, 18:42 PM

They are speaking a sloowly French where they actually do speak French + their accent is funny.
But I dunno for their German Speakers.

Don't know if it can count as an ability for their army :|
16 Nov 2014, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
So allies will get to play Brazilian Expeditionary Force? :snfBarton:
16 Nov 2014, 19:22 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Yes, but their strafing runs affect only a really narrow strip
16 Nov 2014, 19:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 18:42 PMEsxile
They are speaking a sloowly French where they actually do speak French + their accent is funny.

...................|

Who pronounces German worst? A German-speaking Swiss, or an Austrian? :S
16 Nov 2014, 20:22 PM
Donator 33

I feel cold alone and forgotten. :(
16 Nov 2014, 20:25 PM
Patrion 310

Amazing... some of us are able to read and write and don't dwell in the mountains aka Alps. We are even able (some of us) to not only speak a local Swiss German dialect (if we don't speak French or Italian or a cozy language named Rumantsch) but to speak also the Standard German language deriving from the times of Martin Luther (no not Martin Luther King...). There are even lowland dwellers like me living on the banks of the river Rhine. And beware over 25 percent of the population doesn't hold a Swiss citizenship.
16 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 13:39 PMCasTroy

Edit: Don´t underestimate the swiss. They are masters in fortifications to defend their choclate factories, especially against the belgians. :D

And their comms could be more secure (and incomprehensible) than the Navajo Windtalkers....;)

(they even practise parachute jumps in barns, without harnesses...)
16 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 13:39 PMCasTroy

Everyone knows that the Belgians are the masters of chocolate, those weird french speaking, independence craving,neutral pantsies got nothing on us :snfCHVGame:
16 Nov 2014, 21:04 PM

+1, that could lead to some difficulties selling ardennes assault in switzerland !

Yeah, I am Swiss and have not yet bought AA. lol
16 Nov 2014, 21:08 PM

Well perhaps relic should have consulted the history books.
Switzerland remained neutral under arms and was not occupied during WW 1 and WW 2.
...being Swiss I am always happy not to be confused with a Swedish :). Life is complicated... :).

That also happens to me all the time. Worse is when they mix up Switzerland with Swaziland ... that has also happened to me once during a conference.
16 Nov 2014, 21:16 PM

I know that Switzerland was weak in WW2 and that they relied on old WW1 technology and equipment to outfit the Switzerland Army. There's simply no possibility of Switzerland being added to CoH2 whether as a new Army or as a commander; they're in the same boat as Sudan, Italy and Mexico was during WW2- they had absolutely nothing worthwhile and their troops were horrible.

Also, it doesn't really matter if Switzerland is on the map or not in that video. Switzerland literally was non existent in the war and thus can be considered part of Germany.

How do you know that. The Swiss Army had maybe outdated weaponry during WWII. But their fighting spirit would have been great. And the Swiss Army turned the Alps into a huge strong fortress. Germany would not have been able to invade Switzerland that easily. And actually the Swiss air force got into some dogfights with German fighters and they did quite well.
16 Nov 2014, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 18:42 PMEsxile

Don't know if it can count as an ability for their army :|

German Swiss is basically unintelligable for non-German swiss speakers.

They usually 'moderate' their acccent if speaking to a northern German, etc.
16 Nov 2014, 21:46 PM
Patrion 310

O man now we are even mixed up by Major Bloodnok with jodeling Italians (Südtiroler the german speaking minority occupied by the Italians at the end of WW1 from Austria-Hungary)...now it is getting complicated :).
16 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM
Patrion 310

... and I have bought Ardennes Assault :).
16 Nov 2014, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 21:16 PMApollo

How do you know that. The Swiss Army had maybe outdated weaponry during WWII. But their fighting spirit would have been great. And the Swiss Army turned the Alps into a huge strong fortress. Germany would not have been able to invade Switzerland that easily. And actually the Swiss air force got into some dogfights with German fighters and they did quite well.

The Swiss didn't know how to fight, otherwise they would've defeated Germany on their own. You keep praising the Swiss and their Army in WW2, but you fail to understand that the Swiss would've gotten wrecked by Germany if they tried to fight them. The only reason Germany didn't crush Switzerland in WW2 was because there was nothing to crush; they had no worthwhile Army to fight with, no air force, no Navy....nothing.
16 Nov 2014, 23:33 PM
Patrion 28

they were more valuable as a neutral country than as part of germany, at least until the germans had consolidated europe.
16 Nov 2014, 23:37 PM

The Swiss didn't know how to fight, otherwise they would've defeated Germany on their own. You keep praising the Swiss and their Army in WW2, but you fail to understand that the Swiss would've gotten wrecked by Germany if they tried to fight them. The only reason Germany didn't crush Switzerland in WW2 was because there was nothing to crush; they had no worthwhile Army to fight with, no air force, no Navy....nothing.

What you talking about man? Everyone knows how famous the Swiss Navy is. Having served in the Swiss Navy from the age of 16, I can definitely attest to the ferocity of its maritime feats.

I'd say in modern times, only the US navy is better equipped. In the 1940's, Britain and the US were the only nations who had a better Navy (maybe Japan, but it'd be a close fought thing).

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment