Login

russian armor

Switzerland - The new axis faction

17 Nov 2014, 00:10 AM

What you talking about man? Everyone knows how famous the Swiss Navy is. Having served in the Swiss Navy from the age of 16, I can definitely attest to the ferocity of its maritime feats.

I'd say in modern times, only the US navy is better equipped. In the 1940's, Britain and the US were the only nations who had a better Navy (maybe Japan, but it'd be a close fought thing)

Confirmed! :thumb:

Here is one of their aircraft carrier...

...and one of their fast attack boats at an exercise.

(could not resist :p)

17 Nov 2014, 05:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The Swiss didn't know how to fight, otherwise they would've defeated Germany on their own. You keep praising the Swiss and their Army in WW2, but you fail to understand that the Swiss would've gotten wrecked by Germany if they tried to fight them. The only reason Germany didn't crush Switzerland in WW2 was because there was nothing to crush; they had no worthwhile Army to fight with, no air force, no Navy....nothing.

Can't tell if stupid or trolling
17 Nov 2014, 09:46 AM

What you talking about man? Everyone knows how famous the Swiss Navy is. Having served in the Swiss Navy from the age of 16, I can definitely attest to the ferocity of its maritime feats.

I'd say in modern times, only the US navy is better equipped. In the 1940's, Britain and the US were the only nations who had a better Navy (maybe Japan, but it'd be a close fought thing).

Load of Cr..

Everyone knows that Germans didn't want to fight Swiss because German knives have 1 blade while Swiss knives have many blades and other stuff.

Swiss knives were just full of OP abilities therefore Swiss were just OP in close combat. And they can dismantle King Tiger with the Swiss knife
17 Nov 2014, 10:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 00:10 AMCasTroy

Confirmed! :thumb:

Here is one of their aircraft carrier...

...and one of their fast attack boats at an exercise.

(could not resist:p)

That's so hilarious :rofl: Nicely done !!! I can still remember having been once on a small motor boat during my military service when it was night, raining dogs and freezing cold. I didn't enjoy it as those guys do on the pedal boat.
17 Nov 2014, 11:05 AM

Here is an article about the Swiss Airforce's fighting spirit during WWII. But only for German speakers unfortunately: https://www.woz.ch/0803/gefaehrliche-siege-in-der-luft
17 Nov 2014, 11:06 AM

Well I guess if it was about Zimbabwe or Somalia nobody would have observed it, isn't it? These are countries also ya know... :D
17 Nov 2014, 11:38 AM

And here is the English wikipedia article on the Swiss Airforce including a chapter on its role during WWII: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Swiss_Air_Force
Phy
17 Nov 2014, 13:32 PM

After playing the singleplayer and see how distorsioned was the CCCP and the Red Army I don't expect any acurracy of history from relic.
17 Nov 2014, 18:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 11:38 AMApollo
And here is the English wikipedia article on the Swiss Airforce including a chapter on its role during WWII: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Swiss_Air_Force

Wiki can be unreliable, as I am sure you know......

in June 1940. In six days of aerial battles, eleven German aircraft were downed, with a loss of two Swiss aircraft and three airmen killed.

Is this really correct? o_O

17 Nov 2014, 19:13 PM

Wiki can be unreliable, as I am sure you know......

Is this really correct? o_O

That's true that Wikipedia isn't always reliable. But the statements in this article are historically correct. I found the same information and numbers in other articles and sources. But all of them are written in German.
17 Nov 2014, 19:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

17 Nov 2014, 19:28 PM

17 Nov 2014, 19:29 PM
Patrion 310

In memory of all Swiss citizen-soldiers dying during active service in WW 1 and WW 2 for their country due to border skirmishes, in the air, due to accidents and illness (cought while caring for French, Polish and soldiers of other nations during their detaining). In memory of all civilians dying during erroneous bombardments on Swiss towns.

And every one of them is one too much. And I don't care if the Swiss Army would have performed badly against the German Wehrmacht or not... I am happy that the Invasion didn't happen. And I am thankful for the successful Allied effort to liberate Europe!

Regards,

Chicken
22 Nov 2014, 23:05 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It might be wrong in the trailer, but the Intro for AA itself gets it right
23 Nov 2014, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2014, 13:32 PMPhy
After playing the singleplayer and see how distorsioned was the CCCP and the Red Army I don't expect any acurracy of history from relic.
The Red Army was disorganized and not very capable at the beginning of the war. That´s what happens if you are paranoid and kill all your generals.
23 Nov 2014, 11:46 AM

Fun Fact: In WWII the entire country of Switzerland was basically just one giant underground fortress.
23 Nov 2014, 13:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 11:46 AMCabreza
Fun Fact: In WWII the entire country of Switzerland was basically just one giant underground fortress.

Indeed! Most interesting are the camouflaged bunkers of those fortresses which were used and improved throughout the cold war. Here are some astonishing examples...

Military bunker in Hilterfingen/Swiss. The complete exterior is painted, even the windows.

An infantry-bunker camouflaged as a villa in Gland/VD. Today it is a museum.

Artillery gun camouflaged as rocks at the fortress of San Carlo.

Bunkers and artillery guns camuolflaged as stables, barns and sheds.

24 Nov 2014, 00:42 AM

The Theatre of War map is also not accurate.

Beside Germany, Slovakia, Hungary and Romania also Italy and Vichy France declared war on Soviet Union. Yugoslavia, Greece, Denmark and Norway were under occupation.

As for Switzerland, it's rather a serious error.
24 Nov 2014, 01:42 AM

I can't believe relic right now, first they sell skins for 40 dollars then within that they get the map wrong... :clap:
Phy
24 Nov 2014, 13:42 PM

The Red Army was disorganized and not very capable at the beginning of the war. That´s what happens if you are paranoid and kill all your generals.

Yeah, they also killed all soldiers who were cowards and give only 1 rifle per 2 soldiers. I saw it in a hollywood film. Must be true then, who needs a materialism's analysis of history?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★