Login

russian armor

Switzerland - The new axis faction

15 Nov 2014, 13:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I understand the criticism here, but let's not go too far with it, please?

One disrespectful post invised.
15 Nov 2014, 13:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It's supposed to be reminiscent of the WWII propaganda newsreels that showed all of Europe getting swallowed up by giant swastikas. Affe's post still made me laugh, though :D
Another thing to note: Denmark and Norway were both occupied by the Nazis in 1944, but are not shown as such according to the map in the trailer. OPEN YOU'RE EYES SHEEPLE :snfQuinn:
15 Nov 2014, 13:50 PM
Donator 22

I love it.
This is where prejudices about Canadians living in Iglos and having no electricity and always snow and stuff...come from.
Come on, all those silly little countries in Europe, with ever changing borders. Who the hell can figure that stuff out?

And on the other hand. Although I am from Germany, I would not have noticed it :-)
15 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM

I love it.
This is where prejudices about Canadians living in Iglos and having no electricity and always snow and stuff...come from.

Dude im Swedish, people think we have fucking polar bears running around, it comes with the latitude.
15 Nov 2014, 15:18 PM
Patrion 310

Ever changing border... :).
15 Nov 2014, 15:27 PM

Canada must be slowly suffering from bad influence from their neighbours, we would have understood if a US company had trouble with the world map again :D
15 Nov 2014, 20:04 PM

The thought of Switzerland being a faction in CoH2 is comical. What did Switzerland have to offer that would translate well into CoH2? They didn't have a good army, they didn't have a Navy and they didn't have an airforce, so i'm curious as to how Relic would make Switzerland work in CoH2.

The next German faction I think should be Imperial Japan or Finland since both of those countries actually had their own weapons, uniforms and etc and can be easily implemented in CoH2. As for the Allies, if the British Army are making a return to CoH2, then i'm going to officially switch over to the Allied side and only play the British
15 Nov 2014, 20:50 PM
Patrion 310

You know Switzerland well... don't you :). But thank you that we are not considered to be an axis worthy faction... quite a relief actually.
15 Nov 2014, 21:04 PM

I know that Switzerland was weak in WW2 and that they relied on old WW1 technology and equipment to outfit the Switzerland Army. There's simply no possibility of Switzerland being added to CoH2 whether as a new Army or as a commander; they're in the same boat as Sudan, Italy and Mexico was during WW2- they had absolutely nothing worthwhile and their troops were horrible.

Also, it doesn't really matter if Switzerland is on the map or not in that video. Switzerland literally was non existent in the war and thus can be considered part of Germany.
15 Nov 2014, 21:30 PM
Patrion 310

Hmmm Switzerland as part of Germany... hmmm quite interesting theory... my French, Italian and Rumantsch speaking compatriots are jubilant...
15 Nov 2014, 21:46 PM

Perhaps we all got it wrong..

I mean considering that USF and soviets fight alongside in each other, perhaps relic is running on an alternatee ww2 simulation of their own? Something where there were alot more sturmtigers and jagtigers and ostwinds made, which would explain why they are non doctrinal?

Perhaps in their simulator, USF and soviets do fight together, due to them merging the fronts and US sending some troops to fight in Russia?

Perhaps this is an alternate reality simulation where operation Tannenbaum actually happened? Hence Switzerland belonging to Germany.
15 Nov 2014, 23:06 PM

Permanently Banned
you guys should play Heroes and Generals ^^
16 Nov 2014, 02:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Dude im Swedish, people think we have fucking polar bears running around, it comes with the latitude.

Because you gardening do.
16 Nov 2014, 03:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The thought of Switzerland being a faction in CoH2 is comical. What did Switzerland have to offer that would translate well into CoH2? They didn't have a good army, they didn't have a Navy and they didn't have an airforce, so i'm curious as to how Relic would make Switzerland work in CoH2.

The next German faction I think should be Imperial Japan or Finland since both of those countries actually had their own weapons, uniforms and etc and can be easily implemented in CoH2. As for the Allies, if the British Army are making a return to CoH2, then i'm going to officially switch over to the Allied side and only play the British

Kaiser Wilhelm: "And what your 250,000 men do if I invade with half a million men?"

Swiss General: "We will shoot twice and go home"

++++++++++++

Of course I was forgetting all the Naval Units that we see in COH2

And they did have an Army; and they did have an airforce (which guarded their airspace against both sides)

++++++++++++++

Hypothetically, they'd be a faction reliant on sabotage, obstruction and terrain rather than raw power

Partisans mixed with Defensive Commander
16 Nov 2014, 04:52 AM

swiss chocolate dlc?
16 Nov 2014, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2014, 04:52 AMHitman5
swiss chocolate dlc?

Reskin of Luftwaffe Supply's medical supplies as big boxes of chocolates, XD

Makes sense why it also boosts infantry performance some.
16 Nov 2014, 05:05 AM

Jesus christ, you guys aren't going to let this go aren't you. It's not supposed to be a exact territory map.

Yeah, anyone who reads a fuckin' history text would know that Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, and many other nations were NEUTRAL during the war. Hell even the United States was Neutral from 1939 up until the end of 1941.
16 Nov 2014, 05:31 AM

I don't think Germany put their hands on Switzerland. As for Austria I think the Austrian army surrendered to Germany and joined them.
16 Nov 2014, 06:44 AM

I don't think Germany put their hands on Switzerland. As for Austria I think the Austrian army surrendered to Germany and joined them.

No you're wrong seriously, Austria conquered Germany and Germany had to join them in WW2. Hitler was Austrian, remember? ;)
16 Nov 2014, 07:46 AM

How can Switzerland have borders? Its just a high mountain in Germany where they make chocolate.
Only countries like Europe, Germany, Middle East, Japan, America, etc can have borders
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★