russian armor

The imbalance between Allied and Axis Infantry Anti-tank

PAGES (20)down
14 Nov 2014, 08:40 AM

it not problem about number of player
but problem is ratio on automatch searching time
now player perfer play Axis team more than Allied team
and yes Allied AT performance is one reason

half or more my steam friends drop playing this game for this reason. ~3000 because relic havent competitors yet.
14 Nov 2014, 09:48 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 07:47 AMfaus515
was be ~10 000 online
now ~3000 online
future ~ ?

Facts called, they want you to unrape them.
http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#1y
October peak was 16.5k (free weekend).
Outside periods of sales, expansions and free promos, the playerbase is steady and averages around 5k, half to double that depending on the time of day.
14 Nov 2014, 10:21 AM

Nonsense. Soviets are designed as tank killer army.

With many ways to kill Axis armor, and especially super heavies.

For example: All you need to do is isolate Axis heavie, flank it with 4-5 T34's and keep pounding it in rear armor (Thats where you are supposed to shoot it) While you doing that, bring couple of squads of Guards and button it (this will give you time to bring 2-3 Zis's and couple of SU-85's)
Just keep shooting at it until it dies.

Oh P.S. If the tank uses smoke or blitz, just throw Artillery at it.

Why do you need infantry AT as Soviet??? you have button ability and tanks cannot escape from it (2 squads will button down Axis tank forever)
14 Nov 2014, 11:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why do you need infantry AT as Soviet??? you have button ability and tanks cannot escape from it (2 squads will button down Axis tank forever)

Someone hasn't being playing this game for quite a while
14 Nov 2014, 12:00 PM

Facts called, they want you to unrape them.
http://steamcharts.com/app/231430#1y
October peak was 16.5k (free weekend).
Outside periods of sales, expansions and free promos, the playerbase is steady and averages around 5k, half to double that depending on the time of day.

very optimistically :megusta:
compare to the periods when there were editings of balance
14 Nov 2014, 12:07 PM

For example: All you need to do is isolate Axis heavie...

I'd like to see how this possible in ordinary game. Tigers and Yagds always supported by shrecks, paks, offmaps and sometimes with infantry blobs.

I'll give you one advice - stop playing with CPU Easy.
14 Nov 2014, 12:09 PM

All you need to do is isolate Axis heavie, flank it with 4-5 T34's and keep pounding it in rear armor (Thats where you are supposed to shoot it)

...of course the Axis heavy allways is alone and 4-5 T34 appear out of thin air around the 15 minute mark in your base.

While you doing that, bring couple of squads of Guards and button it (this will give you time to bring 2-3 Zis's and couple of SU-85's)

Wich are also teleported in after the T34s.

In a best case scenario wich this is it of course works and a axis heavy can be flanked and killed. The problem is if you have a decent or competent player against you. Most likely you won't even be able to amass 4-5 T34 against him. If you did you lack the fuel to tech and build SU85.
If you went S85 instead of T34 a Schreck-blob will overrun them with ease.
Same with T35 flanking. In theory a viable tactic. Only that the heavy won't be alone. A single Pak or units with Schreck will ruin your flank attempt leaving you with no tanks and him with a damaged heavy.

This is what this threat is about. The fact that Axis infantry AT is so effectrive impacts the entire meta. IMHO even more than Allied infantry AT being rather ineffective.
14 Nov 2014, 12:16 PM

I have a suggestion for Soviet team players....STOP SPAMMING GUARDS AND PENALS!

I have played quite a few 2v2 games recently after the last patch where my ally spams guards and penals, blobs them, and proceeds to be beaten by the Axis blob. Then gets pushed back and overrun and I get flanked and pushed back(after holding my own on my side). Guards are not dedicated AT, they are an AT deterrent, but they stink at fighting tanks. Then the tank flanks my Zis gun leaving us with no AT and GG.

Guards and Penals are only good in 1v1 where you can micro them around one opponent and get good flanks and ambushes, in all team modes they stink, SO STOP BLOBBING THEM. They lose to all other Axis infantry blobs and they leave you without good AT. So build a Zis Gun, don't skip it because you got Guards.

15 Nov 2014, 07:05 AM

Someone hasn't being playing this game for quite a while

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2014, 12:07 PMcarloff

I'd like to see how this possible in ordinary game. Tigers and Yagds always supported by shrecks, paks, offmaps and sometimes with infantry blobs.

I'll give you one advice - stop playing with CPU Easy.

...of course the Axis heavy allways is alone and 4-5 T34 appear out of thin air around the 15 minute mark in your base.

Wich are also teleported in after the T34s.

In a best case scenario wich this is it of course works and a axis heavy can be flanked and killed. The problem is if you have a decent or competent player against you. Most likely you won't even be able to amass 4-5 T34 against him. If you did you lack the fuel to tech and build SU85.
If you went S85 instead of T34 a Schreck-blob will overrun them with ease.
Same with T35 flanking. In theory a viable tactic. Only that the heavy won't be alone. A single Pak or units with Schreck will ruin your flank attempt leaving you with no tanks and him with a damaged heavy.

This is what this threat is about. The fact that Axis infantry AT is so effectrive impacts the entire meta. IMHO even more than Allied infantry AT being rather ineffective.

:facepalm: Tragic irony is a special category of dramatic irony. In tragic irony, the words and actions of the characters contradict the real situation, which the spectators fully realize

Apparently you guys didn't realize. My description of taking out Axis super-heavy with ease is tragically ironic and almost comic hint: 4-5 t34's, few Zis guns, couple of Su85's, Guards to button down, no Axis support, Super heavy just wondering around on its own and shoot it with artillery if it still manages to escape
Seriously tho. Sarcasm, irony, metaphor etc are big part of every language and very common forms of communication in daily life. Learn to recognize it

15 Nov 2014, 07:08 AM

well.. it wasn't very clear..the context wasn't there...
15 Nov 2014, 07:31 AM

Smiley faces man. I learned that the hard way.:hyper::nahnah::rofl::lolol::banana::bananadance:B-):D
15 Nov 2014, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 07:08 AMNinjaWJ
well.. it wasn't very clear..the context wasn't there...

You need full army to take on single super heavy wondering around without any support. Whats not clear there?
15 Nov 2014, 10:32 AM

You need full army to take on single super heavy wondering around without any support. Whats not clear there?

Sarcasm on the internet is never clear.

15 Nov 2014, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If i learn something from this forum, is that most don't use sarcasm here (without smilies).
15 Nov 2014, 13:57 PM

Seriously tho. Sarcasm, irony, metaphor etc are big part of every language and very common forms of communication in daily life. Learn to recognize it

You can only recognise it by listing to someone who is talking to you not by reading. Thats what emoticons are for.
If you want to be ironic, sarcastic or funny mark it. The alternative is everything you write is not to be taken serious.

Your "super exagerated" example isn't clearly exagerated and ironic. Even in this forum people commonly argue in this way and are dead serious about it. To make irony clear without emoticons you would have needed to over exagerate. Like: "All you need to deal with Axis heavy is 5 ISU152 and a A-bomb strike". That is obvious even without emoticons.

A couple of T34, SU85 etc is realistically avaiable in a team game. No necessarily to one player but in a 2v2 it most likely is available as a team asset. So you might have spoken about a team game.
Its also possible if the heavy you meant was a Tiger Ace that there is no support left because of the MP income hit and everything else has been send to retreat or killed...
I could go on to come up with situations wich might realistically might happen in the game and in wich a heavy is actually dealt with exactly the way you described. So its not about me or other not getting it its about you not comunicating properly.
15 Nov 2014, 17:27 PM

Ok then. But, if you want to be a smart-guy-on-the-internet next time post this image please.

You know, there is no intonations in-the-internet. MVGame
16 Nov 2014, 08:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 17:27 PMcarloff

Ok then. But, if you want to be a smart-guy-on-the-internet next time post this image please.

You know, there is no intonations in-the-internet. MVGame

Next time you want to be smart guy on internet, don't say stupid things. Sarcasm is common form in all literature.

MV game

Your knowledge and understanding of linguistics would make your teacher proud of their effort

See :nahnah:

16 Nov 2014, 09:06 AM

Ok, you win - can we back to the topic?
16 Nov 2014, 09:36 AM

My proposal is to hit 2 birds with one stone.

Move Panzerschrecks to Sturmpioneers as they originally were. But also let the starting Sturm squad begin with a free Panzerschreck in hand. Not only does this reduce Anti-Infantry firepower on the starting unit, but it gives OKW an early counter to the fast M3 / WC.
16 Nov 2014, 11:05 AM

I think Schreck's are find for Ostheer, however I think the problem with OKW isn't the Schreck itself, but the fact that Volsgrenadiers are the units who get it. They are much cheaper than Riflemen, and although for the first couple minutes of the game they 'barely' get beaten by Rifles, they scale MUCH better into late game, but you are still able to reinforce them for super cheap but have a squad walking around that can deny access to a point to any US tank in the game.
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak