Login

russian armor

Call in units that desperately need buffing to be relevant

11 Nov 2014, 22:30 PM

The Tiger tank needs to be buffed up a little bit. I feel like it lost its persona as a "Tiger Tank", now is just target practice for my Jacksons.

Tiger WAS target practice for jacksons. Jackson was specifically made to destroy easily panthers and tigers.

Many people greatly over estimate tigers performance and armor, it wasn't as awesome as holywood movies make it seem.
12 Nov 2014, 01:17 AM

KV1 is fine; it's what a call in tank should be.

Not a game winner by itself but an interesting option

I also won't hear a bad word against A-Grens; they are fun and fine; also what a call in unit should be

+++++++++++

"Call in units that desperately need buffing so we remember they exist"

Mechanised Grenadier Group

Mechanised Assault Group

In both cases because you are paying a ridiculous premium for the unarmed metal box they come in

Panzer IV Battle Group

Because at 9CP I always find myself thinking I need a shittier version of the OKH P-IV that hit the field 10 minutes ago to fight the 34/85s and IS2's that will be along soon

"Call in units that desperately need buffing to be relevant"

M10 Tank irritant

Partisans

M42-45mm

Conscripts (You know it is true)

"Call in units that are good but people desperately need to shut up about"

Tigers

Tiger Ace

T34/85

IS2

ISU-152

"Call in units that desperately need to be fixed"

Jagdtiger

Since when is ISU fine? Are you trolling or just lucking any game skills
12 Nov 2014, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2014, 22:30 PMKatitof

Tiger WAS target practice for jacksons. Jackson was specifically made to destroy easily panthers and tigers.

Many people greatly over estimate tigers performance and armor, it wasn't as awesome as holywood movies make it seem.

Seems like your knowledge about WW2 weapons are even worse then your post on this forum.
12 Nov 2014, 02:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 01:25 AMMettiu

Seems like your knowledge about WW2 weapons are even worse then your post on this forum.

Much as I'm uncomfortable agreeing with Katitof, he's actually kinda right.
The Tiger was excellent against the tanks making up the bulk of the Allied forces, the M4 Sherman and T-34/76 tanks.
The M36 Jackson however, while designed prior to the Western Allies encountering Tigers and Panthers, it was still meant to engage German tanks heavier than the Panzer IV and was well equipped for that with that 90mm gun, being capable of penetrating the Tiger's front armor at ranges of ~2600 meters.
13 Nov 2014, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 18:44 PMKatitof

MP isn't happening in 1941, its happening in 1944-45 and the quality of armies shifted towards soviets being better equipped and more experienced then axis despite axis having a handful of heaviest tanks.

Yeah, the red army of 1944 was not the almost shattered force of 1941/42, Operation Bagration proved that. Yet, the soldiers weren't trained nearly as good as the german ones. The goal of the sowjet government was to end the war as quick as possible, no matter the own losses. The soldiers in the shock armies and the guard regiments were veterans from '41/'42, they were elite because they had a high amount of experience on the battlefield, not because of longer training, even though the training methods changed to better.
The Wehrmacht was still better in terms of coordination, troop training and weapons. MG42 or Panther are examples of excellent german weapons.
The sowjets became better, of course, but they didn't turned into soldiers of the same tier as Grenadiers of Panzer Grenadiers.
14 Nov 2014, 05:21 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2014, 01:17 AMMettiu

Since when is ISU fine? Are you trolling or just lucking any game skills

By the time it's out there's not a shortage of stuff that wipes squads.

"Unit preservation is important" does not mean "Units are not supposed to die, ever"
14 Nov 2014, 18:52 PM

By the time it's out there's not a shortage of stuff that wipes squads.

"Unit preservation is important" does not mean "Units are not supposed to die, ever"

Sure one shooting inf squads even with vet 5. Two shooting tanks.. Well since russian tends to be pretty noobish I suppose they need such OP unity anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment