Login

russian armor

Shreks need long range accuracy nerf

11 Nov 2014, 09:44 AM
Patrion 26

just make them like in vCOH, with really bad accuracy at far but good accuracy at mid and near, it will solve a bit of the volks blob problem. now the player will need at least a little skill to ambush or use flanking to get in range of enemy tanks, currently its just A-move schrecked-volks with obers or sturms.
30 Nov 2014, 09:35 AM

+1

Shrecks are a problem since beta. Now people just frontal charge at tanks with shrecks.

Shrecks should be an ambush, tactical weapon.

30 Nov 2014, 09:41 AM

Agreed they cost 40 MP per model and are small squad size and their only grenade is easy to dodge and so expensive. Plus they have to get close to deal damage which is what USF and SU shock/penal/con with PPSH excel at.

It was proven about 4637182736 times, together with a dev post that what you said here is completely and utterly wrong.

Assault grens are close range unit. Pgrens are mid range unit-that means mid range is their optimum range, not close range, so you're wrong.

They should be like assault PGs of PE on vCOH, very expensive to replace but melt non elite infantry and weapons teams if yet get close. Then you can leave their received accuracy and health the same as now. Would still be a risky unit and very vulnerable to MP drain from snipers and explosives but it would give the Wehr a close quarters combat infantry unit that actually does the job somewhat well.

CoH1 had completely different infantry combat dynamic, you can't compare the two and what you ask for as shock troops with much longer range.

Wehr doesn't have CQC inf except AGs, because they do not need it. You have units excelling at long range and mid range, park LMG grens next to Pgrens and nothing short of snipers will be able to move that without heavy losses.
30 Nov 2014, 11:27 AM

Not needed.

German AT has never ever been weaker.

I hardly build Paks any longer... that thing is garbage now.

Since the big patch infantry squads bunch up and get easily oneshot by tanks, which makes them also highly risky to use.

Suddenly a Schreck-nerf is "needed".

I suggest you to play some games as Ostheer and see how a Greyhound canister shots your army and drives away.
30 Nov 2014, 11:33 AM

Raketen is shit,and pak 40 is now lousy-it will damage but not kill a vehicle even if u ambush it.Options?
Recent Popularity of shreck is a symptom of this problem.Usage of pak 40 has reduced drastically.
30 Nov 2014, 13:18 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 10:54 AMJaigen

Your talking shit here fanboy. every CC unit took a beating when the new weapon profile patch came out. in fact people only use the pg's for their shreks. Shreks are not an issue if you lose to so called shrek blobs i suggest you l2p. for each volks with a shrek you can easily have a rifleman with double bar or lmg out. or penals with flamethrowers and shocks appear even faster then obers.

or kite with your tanks or use mg's. if you see vet 5 volks it means you have been feeding them vet.

Funny you call me allied fanboy when i play almost only as ostheer. If you have played any teamgames before the nerf you would see a shrek blob of pgrens were the meta at lategame and thats why relic nerfed the Pgrens. Counter Pgrens with penals are you even serious? Pgrens is not a unit you spam so you dont even need to counter it.

What you even fail to understand is i dont call for a Pgren nerf, i call on a shrek nerf which would inturn make it possible to buff Pgrens and give them a role in the ostheer army which i find they currently lack.
30 Nov 2014, 14:05 PM

I was farming war spoils earlier this week and I noticed it seems that it's the opposite way around. Not so much with the t70 but with the t34, it is a very frustrating tank to use when engaging infantry. It will miss miss miss then pop 4 men in the next shot. It's needs to do more reliable damage (no I don't mean wiping squads left right and centre, I mean more consistent damage so that the Axis player will actually have a retreat chance rather than going from 4 to 0 men).

Can anyone confirm if the incoming accuracy bonuses affect the tanks main gun accuracy or is it just the small arms fire from the hull mg etc. because I found this little display of Russian accuracy humorous but slightly disconcerting. Even the t70 was missing at an alarming rate (both tanks were vet 2 which is meant to make them more accurate).

T70, T34/76 example of vet 2 accuracy

Raketen is shit,and pak 40 is now lousy-it will damage but not kill a vehicle even if u ambush it.Options?
Recent Popularity of shreck is a symptom of this problem.Usage of pak 40 has reduced drastically.

Welcome to the world of Zis-3 which fires slower and is up against higher armour values on average. The raketenwerfer has the same stats as the Zis-3 except for 10 less range and it lacks green cover bonus. On the other hand it fires faster and can garrison/retreat.
30 Nov 2014, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 11:27 AMButcher

Paks are still quite reliable. The main problem is the thing is not hitting the target like all AT guns(missing the target a lot) with the worst being the Raketenwerfer. Because of how the game works, you have to use vehicle snares or mines to actually help make things easier for the pak. I say this reload nerf was needed. The old Pak 40 was neither balanced (in relation to other AT guns) nor realistic.
30 Nov 2014, 16:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 14:30 PMsteel
Paks are still quite reliable. The main problem is the thing is not hitting the target like all AT guns(missing the target a lot) with the worst being the Raketenwerfer. Because of how the game works, you have to use vehicle snares or mines to actually help make things easier for the pak. I say this reload nerf was needed. The old Pak 40 was neither balanced (in relation to other AT guns) nor realistic.

I dont disagree. but the AT of the ostheer has never been weaker. combine this with eh fact that ostheer tier 3 is underperforming to soviet and usf medium tank call ins and getting to tier 4 and buying a panther is rather difficult for ost .they rather lack mobile AT compared to the other factions right now. nerfing shreks will hit the ostheer far harder then it does the okw. and despite the whining the okw shreks are not that cost efficient.
30 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM

Paks are fine cosidering what they are up against. Still a good unit. I do agree with Spajn that Schrecks need to be nerfed somehow. This can open up options to buff PzGr.
30 Nov 2014, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2014, 11:27 AMButcher
Not needed.

German AT has never ever been weaker.

Since the big patch infantry squads bunch up and get easily oneshot by tanks, which makes them also highly risky to use.

Suddenly a Schreck-nerf is "needed".

I suggest you to play some games as Ostheer and see how a Greyhound canister shots your army and drives away.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH omg HAHAHAHAAHAAHAH

Oh your serious?

You do realize that the Pak gun is still better in every way to the Jackson right?
30 Nov 2014, 20:48 PM

Oh your serious?

You do realize that the Pak gun is still better in every way to the Jackson right?

I'd pick a Jackson over any at-gun at any given time.

Pshrecks are fine the way they are. They are expensive and the squad can't fire it without being at risk of being shot at by the targeted tank. Pshrecks alone won't kill your tank since a reversing tank is faster than an advancing squad.

30 Nov 2014, 21:11 PM

Oh your serious?

1) I know what I´m talking about. I´m serious.

2) Pak and Jackson are different... one is a vehicle, the other one an AT gun. I´m confident even you know that. if you want to compare them (which really stretches it) I have to see a Pak driving off at the speed of a Jackson until I believe your statement.

3) Paks haven´t proven effective since the latest patch. I hardly use them. better invest in Schrecks. It´s ridiculous how people want Schrecks nerfed now. Sounds more to me like Ostheer isn´t allowed to have anti tank at all.
30 Nov 2014, 21:38 PM

lol

Pak is still better then ZiS, PGrens are better then Guards and Panther is the best AT tank.
30 Nov 2014, 22:28 PM

Ostheer has just become an overall weak faction.Basically same old tiger meta-except 2 core units-lmg grens and pak got weaker.Pzgrens didn't buff considerably to compensate-price is still incredible.But at least shrecks are used to replace the pak's utility.Worse rifles got major buff.
Ostheer is a turtle faction out and out now.Only good change has been panther which is still ungettable nonetheless in 1vs 1,rare in 2 vs 2 and viable in above.
30 Nov 2014, 22:41 PM

Accuracy nerf would be neat considering they do massive damage and pen. Range would be a cool way to differentiate them from zooks/PTRS rifles.

As for the Pgren itself i think making the G43 upgrade actually improve instead of downgrading the unit would be helpful

Though i think the competition, PTRS especially and zooks still need some help to bring infantry AT to a more balanced state. If these other weapons are supposed to be asymetrical and not carbon copy just worse and cheaper weapons they need to be changed

Only negative is that Units with shreks will always be vet 3 and get massive accuracy bonuses so mabye w/ vet they become OP and w/o they become useless just something to think about
30 Nov 2014, 22:42 PM

Whoever says the pak40 is garbage has been spoiled.

It is still the best AT gun.
30 Nov 2014, 23:05 PM
Patrion 28

that's debatable right now. they have (for all intents and purposes) the same pen. what differentiates them is the first rate (the pak has a ~~1-0.3 seconds faster fire rate, 5dps) and the durability. the biggest difference between the use of the two is the units they face.
30 Nov 2014, 23:19 PM

I'd pick a Jackson over any at-gun at any given time.

Pshrecks are fine the way they are. They are expensive and the squad can't fire it without being at risk of being shot at by the targeted tank. Pshrecks alone won't kill your tank since a reversing tank is faster than an advancing squad.

Thats a Benefit. A drawback would be to say what its Tech cost is, what its fuel cost is, and what faction its in.

Pak vs USF is like giving Jackson slower speed, Better DPS, More surviability (because you can always recrew a Pak) and somewhere along the lines of 350 Penetration (arbitrary value to demonstrated 100% pen capability of the Pak vs US Armor) also dont forget AT Riflenades would need to also have close to that effective pen and be Vet 0 (and more reliable)

The Pak is more then fine for what it costs and how effective it is. Which is why they will get stolen EVERY chance someone gets.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Germany 809
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak