Login

russian armor

OKW Repair Speed

5 Nov 2014, 12:56 PM

Ostheer tanks, if you do some good damage to them and they retreat, you know you have some time to counter-attack while its out of battle being repaired.

This doesn't apply to OKW.. I think its honestly stupid that units like the King Tiger, which you literally as USF have to suicide units to damage can just be repaired to full within 30 seconds..
5 Nov 2014, 13:05 PM

It's faction's architecture. Look at the repair unit. Expensive price, expensive reinforcement, takes forever to reinforce. It's supposed to do a better job I guess. The T3 repairs are other thing, but soviets get this too with their repair stations. They are doctrinal though. Also, USF has 2 repair units. Crew and Rear Echalon. And crew it's doing a pretty good job.
5 Nov 2014, 13:14 PM

OKW lacks in many areas, so a faster repair time is not going to undermine justice.
5 Nov 2014, 13:14 PM

Effectiveness/speed of the repair truck should be reduced at least 30% or so. The monster tanks come back into play too soon.
5 Nov 2014, 13:23 PM

It's faction's architecture. Look at the repair unit. Expensive price, expensive reinforcement, takes forever to reinforce. It's supposed to do a better job I guess. The T3 repairs are other thing, but soviets get this too with their repair stations. They are doctrinal though. Also, USF has 2 repair units. Crew and Rear Echalon. And crew it's doing a pretty good job.

Last time I've checked, sov rep stations were not stock buildings and they belong to a doctrine that makes it impossible to maintain any infantry army and get armor-you can do only one of these and even that won't go good on the long run, they are a must have for the doctrine to be working[and even then its bad], not a convenience stuff that OKW gets for free with tech.

USFs crews repair slower then any other unit, but keep the mobility of the armor up.
5 Nov 2014, 14:17 PM

Last time I've checked, sov rep stations were not stock buildings and they belong to a doctrine that makes it impossible to maintain any infantry army and get armor-you can do only one of these and even that won't go good on the long run, they are a must have for the doctrine to be working[and even then its bad], not a convenience stuff that OKW gets for free with tech.

USFs crews repair slower then any other unit, but keep the mobility of the armor up.

And your point is?
5 Nov 2014, 14:21 PM

OKW have extremely potent repairs without giving anything up for it and on top of that, free repair station on cheapest in game tier building unlike all other armies which have no such convinience, you might want to attempt to compare it to USF, but they don't have super heavy armor they could bring up to full health in no time.
5 Nov 2014, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

For the price of a SP you can get 2 engineers.
You should be able to reliable get vet engineers by constructing things that cost mp, fuel or munitions. Mines would be a huge buff.

Before this gets derailed into a flamewar:
NVM. Keep on fighting.

PD: here is some fuel. Autorepair (both doctrinal and the T70 one).
5 Nov 2014, 15:11 PM

The fact that okw can repair any tank in no time is ridiculous. It does not punish careless vehicle micro, rather supports it and gives the okw an extrem edge over allies' armor in late game.

On the other side USF emergency repair needs a redesign too, it partially negates the purpose of anti tank mines.
5 Nov 2014, 15:59 PM

These things are what makes the other factions unique. Quit crying for nerfs to make Company of Heroes into Company of Mediocre blobblings.
5 Nov 2014, 16:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

honestly if okw loses their sturmpioneers it's devastating, much moreso than any other faction losing their repair units. They constantly need to repair tech structures AND vehicles. While under soviet indirect fire this can be extremely dangerous to do.

I think they're fine.
5 Nov 2014, 16:35 PM

Stormpios have a popcap of 9. Pios & CE have a popcap of 5 , RE of 4 - they all get + 50 % repair speed on vet 2, Stormpios get +25 & on 3.
So for every stormpio squad you can basically get 2 Pio,Re,Ce squads. This comes with more capping power/harassing power but that's not the discussion here.

Reaching vet 3 with a Stormpio squad takes some time and is usually not achievable till late game, if you manage to keep them alive.
If you haven't noticed, every Squad has unique abilities, Pios can lay down s-mine fields and teller mines, CE can lay down bombs and RE can lay down non-doctrinal tanktraps + shout grenades out of their fighting postions.
And storm pios can repair due an upgrade faster + stun grenade at vet 3.

Now OKW needs to repair their tanks faster because, as one king tiger usually faces 2 IS-2s. So you need to be quick back into comeback because in late game you hardly ever have other tanks if you save for heavy tanks. You are always outnumbered in an equal match by vehicles, however you have the asset of being able to repair faster.

Another aspect you seem to forget is that the OKW trucks need frequent repairs if placed even slightly outside the base. Repairing them takes time, thus decrease cap & combat power & map presence, if this time is increased (due longer repairs) you nerf therefore not just repairs, but also map presence and the numbers of engagement you gonna face, as Storm Pios are main combat troops.
So if you nerf the repair speed, nobody would place their trucks outside the base, because it becomes even riskier, thus you take away a core feature of the OKW - truck emplacements over the whole map.

Engis/Pios repair with 1,4 health per sec, while Sturmpios repair with 2 health per sec. RE repair with 2 health per sec.
So you see 2 Pios/engis = 1 Sturmpio. Taking the popcap into account that's totally fine.

These are the reasons why I consider the different repairing speed as asymmetrical balance. It should not be nerfed.

5 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM
Patrion 14

As said before, it's fine. The SP costs almost twice as much as a regular engineer unit, so I see no problem in it being good at repairing.
5 Nov 2014, 17:01 PM

I think all factions should have a non doctrinal repair station, like CoH1 but maybe put a limit on the amount you can build, or increase their price.
5 Nov 2014, 18:08 PM
Patrion 39

I had hoped this thread was a joke... And then I found out it's totally serious :snfBarton:
5 Nov 2014, 18:44 PM

OKW has lease vehicles if repairing takes longer OKW can lose map controle if their expensive vehicles takes very long to repair.
5 Nov 2014, 19:03 PM

OKW don't get many vehicles in a game they can't replenish losses like the other factions can. Is it really so bad they have better repair to try to keep their fewer vehicles in the fight?
5 Nov 2014, 19:40 PM

Do Sturmpios still get a repair speed boost with the minesweeper? Anyone know the difference in numbers?
5 Nov 2014, 19:49 PM

Do Sturmpios still get a repair speed boost with the minesweeper? Anyone know the difference in numbers?

25% boost with minesweeper(support package) upgrade, to compensate this Sturmpios get less repair speed from Vet(25% instead of 50% like CE/Pioneer). Rear Echelon get no repair speed stat boost from Vet2(although they might still repair faster b/c they gain an extra squad member at vet 2).
5 Nov 2014, 19:51 PM

It's + 1 health per sec or 25 % faster. In my opinion every builder unit should get a repair speed buff when upgrading the mine sweeper. To underline the support role.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★