Login

russian armor

Amount of inflicted damage

5 Nov 2014, 10:03 AM

I don't know if You feel the same but it's something that I don't understand from a long time.
What I'm talking about is magic number 160.

Does Pz IV have same powerful gun as Tiger? How about Stug III? I think it should be different for example Stug III, Pz IV - 160 but Tiger 200.
Yet the weirdest thing is about T34 and IS2. Little, tiny gun deals 160 dmg, the same amount as huge, powerful 122mm. I think IS2 RoF should be increased but with increase of damage.

Making different damage would make game a bit more realistic in my opinion.
I think better gun should be marked not only in better penetration but also in higher amount of damages.
5 Nov 2014, 10:40 AM

It is all about penetration and AOE.
5 Nov 2014, 13:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Then you would have to reduce RoF.
And now you have just increase the amount of RNG in the game since less shots with a higher damage output means that a miss or a bounce matters more (remember when the IS2 dealt more damage but had crappy RoF)
5 Nov 2014, 14:04 PM

Then you would have to reduce RoF.
And now you have just increase the amount of RNG in the game since less shots with a higher damage output means that a miss or a bounce matters more (remember when the IS2 dealt more damage but had crappy RoF)

Jackson is currently in that situation(plus bad mid/long range penetration), combined with low HP, bad pathing and huge size(24, compared to SU85(22),Stug3(20),JP4(17)) makes the unit very RNG dependent.
5 Nov 2014, 14:43 PM
Donator 11

OP is right. Sure, there would be more RNG involved in IS-2 but RNG is also part of the game. And I belive the diversity of units and tactics is much more important. What i mean is that lowering RoF but increasing damage per shot and AoE suits much better profile of IS-2. It was armed in 122mm gun to deal easily with buildings, infantry, bunkers and tanks in first shot, if the shot is missed or not heavy enough IS-2 should come back to a safer place and reaload. For example tiger should be able to kill IS-2 every time in the field because of having more DPS but if you should be able to kill tiger with your IS-2 if you hide behind the building after every shot to reload. That way the game is much more interesting and skill dependant.
5 Nov 2014, 14:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Jackson is currently in that situation(plus bad mid/long range penetration), combined with low HP, bad pathing and huge size(24, compared to SU85(22),Stug3(20),JP4(17)) makes the unit very RNG dependent.

Shhhh... I'm not saying they do not learn from history or past mistakes. Nope, not at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 67
Germany 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment