Login

russian armor

OKW Rework

4 Nov 2014, 17:24 PM

strictly linear tech is not good imo.
4 Nov 2014, 17:37 PM

USF, Soviets, and OKW need a redux since they werent designed well to begin with. :S
4 Nov 2014, 18:07 PM

allies vs allies

OMG ALLIES SO OP!!!

That would be a completly new part of the franchise: "Company of Heroes 3 - World War III".:p
4 Nov 2014, 18:51 PM

An interesting idea, but the Puma coming out so early would kill all early game allied vehicles. The impression I get is that it'd come in roughly the same time as an M20 or M15...

The Puma in the OP's tech wouldn't come out any sooner than current OKW's Puma. In his outline, it comes out of the same truck for the same cost, there's literally no difference and everyone's freaking out about it. If anything, that alone is proof that OKW is poorly designed.
5 Nov 2014, 02:39 AM

The Puma in the OP's tech wouldn't come out any sooner than current OKW's Puma. In his outline, it comes out of the same truck for the same cost, there's literally no difference and everyone's freaking out about it. If anything, that alone is proof that OKW is poorly designed.

The only way I think everyone is getting freaked out by it is they don't play OKW and don't even know you can get it first. It actually comes out slower due to no fuel transfer ;)
10 Nov 2014, 03:19 AM

An interesting idea, but the Puma coming out so early would kill all early game allied vehicles. The impression I get is that it'd come in roughly the same time as an M20 or M15... that's not good because the Puma kills those two handily whilst the OKW player must make a bad mistake to lose his Puma... so I don't support it. Despite my misgivings about OKW, I feel this idea is the wrong way to go about it, personally I think certain units in the line up need to nerfed a little (Obers most obviously) and perhaps the KT needs to be more difficult to get... Teching in this case isn't needed.

I don't think it makes them obsolete so long as you are screening your advances with infantry and are careful not to rush in too fast with them. Puma's are quite fragile.
10 Nov 2014, 03:21 AM

strictly linear tech is not good imo.

So true, it's why I hated Brits but liked PE. You could go so many directions with PE teching as units, but Brits were hamstrung by fixed tech.
10 Nov 2014, 07:51 AM

I don't think it makes them obsolete so long as you are screening your advances with infantry and are careful not to rush in too fast with them. Puma's are quite fragile.

Whilst better reasons have been outlined above, I disagree with the reasoning of screening light vehicles. They're light vehicles, they're meant to move ahead and use their speed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★