Login

russian armor

What do you top USF players think of this strat?

4 Nov 2014, 06:27 AM

Usually I go

3 rifles
grenade
Lt
M20/M15A1

Major
M4
M36

Now I'm trying out this instead.

3 rifles
save up for Lt
M20
grenade.

Major.

What do you guys think of this new build?
It seems to work for now but I fear that this will only work against low rankers.
4 Nov 2014, 09:03 AM

Eh, you're planning on denying the rifle investment their greatest asset by about 3 minutes in favor of a car. The real question is, "How good is your micro with the M20?"
4 Nov 2014, 09:16 AM

Eh, you're planning on denying the rifle investment their greatest asset by about 3 minutes in favor of a car. The real question is, "How good is your micro with the M20?"
I rush it to kill the early kubel and deny some fuel point or muni. Eventually I will get their greatest asset when the they rush pak or something.

My micro with the M20 is not the best but it's good enough to avoid grenadier,pak rwerfer.
Pop
4 Nov 2014, 09:31 AM

I'm a big fan of 3 rifles>Lt>M20

Super fast M20 can hit OKW hard if they went battlegroup hq first and don't have a puma on the way. Even if they do a well placed m20 mine can (with some luck) finish it off. Against Wherm you have to be more careful but it is great to chase off lone MG teams and the zook crew can be used in conjunction with rifle nades to deal with a 2cm 222 (again m20 mines are your friend). A quick sherman is great weapon against all targets and well micro'd can be a huge thorn in your opponents side. Airborne can give you paras for a stocky infantry option plus ATG drops allows you to skip T3. Plus late game p47's can ward off heavy tanks.
4 Nov 2014, 09:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Against which faction?

vs Wehrmacht I usually go 3 riflemen -> lt -> M20 -> ambulance -> bazooka -> airborne with browning lmg -> major -> M8A1 -> Sherman -> Bars. If needed I paradrop AT guns.

Grenades are an option but usually those I play vs can dodge them, so at max I rely on the cooked grenade of airborne troops. Pathfinders are another good option but I usually prefer getting them vs OKW.

vs OKW I usually go 3 riflemen -> lt -> M20 -> Pathfinders -> ambulance (I usually get a 2nd pathfinder at some point in the game, they work well in pairs)

Then if my M20 dies to an enemy vehicle and I really need to invest into countering that else I wouldn't be able to reach medium tanks in time: Captain -> Stuart -> AT gun -> Major

If instead I can keep the M20 alive long enough to have a good map control during midgame I get Major directly and rush M8A1, followed by a Sherman and eventually bazookas or bars depending on what's the most pressing problem my infantry is facing.

Besides the matchup I usually try to not spend all my munitions, especially if the game is a close one, to save for the P47 attack :)
4 Nov 2014, 13:12 PM

Im not a top player but i do know early grenades can help if ostheer guy has 2 to 3 HMGs locking your early push u smoke them out. So if you get pushed back very early get nades and pop smoke and close in, when i say early its the very first engagement you have before getting 3rd RF or after you have 3rd RF.

IF you are playing 2v2 I like to use Romeos build i learnt from one of his replays,

2 RF into Fighting positon at a strategic point ( say like fuel) and then RF then depending on situation LT or wait for Cap. ( the REs rifle nade ability would suffice for your very first engagmenet ).

i use smoke mostly the rifle nades are waste of munitons as most guys dodge it unless you see a blob of panzer fussilers :)

4 Nov 2014, 14:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I do basically the same build except I get one or two rear echelons first. Rushing an M20 almost always makes sense.
4 Nov 2014, 15:37 PM
Donator 22

Same as you

Rifle x3
Fuel cache
Lieutenant
M20 (Instant upgrade + mines)
Pathfinder/Rifle/paratrooper x1
Major
Fuel cache
M8
Jackson
5 Nov 2014, 02:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2014, 14:40 PMRomeo
I do basically the same build except I get one or two rear echelons first. Rushing an M20 almost always makes sense.

Oh? I take it one of your RE goes for fighting position at a fuel or muni point?
Against which faction?

vs Wehrmacht I usually go 3 riflemen -> lt -> M20 -> ambulance -> bazooka -> airborne with browning lmg -> major -> M8A1 -> Sherman -> Bars. If needed I paradrop AT guns.

Grenades are an option but usually those I play vs can dodge them, so at max I rely on the cooked grenade of airborne troops. Pathfinders are another good option but I usually prefer getting them vs OKW.

vs OKW I usually go 3 riflemen -> lt -> M20 -> Pathfinders -> ambulance (I usually get a 2nd pathfinder at some point in the game, they work well in pairs)

Then if my M20 dies to an enemy vehicle and I really need to invest into countering that else I wouldn't be able to reach medium tanks in time: Captain -> Stuart -> AT gun -> Major

If instead I can keep the M20 alive long enough to have a good map control during midgame I get Major directly and rush M8A1, followed by a Sherman and eventually bazookas or bars depending on what's the most pressing problem my infantry is facing.

Besides the matchup I usually try to not spend all my munitions, especially if the game is a close one, to save for the P47 attack :)

I mainly go against OKW, since there seem to be a ridiculous number of OKW players... How do you use pathfinders actually? I know about the long range part and behind rifles but still doesn't work well for me. Something wrong I guess?

Another question. How do you play USF late game properly? I tend to dominate early game but lose late game eventually. I get a few shermans but I find that if I spend resources on E8s then it's much better but still have a weak late game.
5 Nov 2014, 09:35 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

First of all, try to get two squads of them as soon as possible. Being at max range is also a must, they will gain veterancy considerably fast and once vet2-3 they will start shredding pretty much every infantry OKW can use. Try to always place them in cover or in buildings and take advantage of their camo. Also remember that if the enemy drops a weapon like a schreck or an LMG you should give it to pathfinders due to their higher shooting range range (after all just 2 men of the squad have the sniper rifle, which is the real dps source there).

A replay here of a game I played vs USF where my opponent used a different strat (that still involved pathfinders and a lot of infantry):

http://www.coh2.org/replay/26235/insane-back-and-forth-on-langreskaya
5 Nov 2014, 15:21 PM
Patrion 15

I tried that 2 Pathfinders strat and it's really useful. My two squads of Pathfinders killed 14 enemies in very few time.

Build Order:
- 1 Rear Echelon
- 1 Riflemen
- 1 Riflemen
- Fighting Position
- 1 Riflemen
- 1 Pathfinders
- 1 Pathfinders
- Captain
- 1 Stuart
- Major

I didn't get a chance to get the ambulance but the timing on the Stuart was 07:50 min

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★