Login

russian armor

Guards Spam backed by AT Guns & T34 Ram

20 Apr 2013, 07:30 AM

How the hell are you supposed to counter this? Guards come so fucking early that I am forced to build PGren's to try and hold them off or at least blunt them, but they are just waaaaaay too good, they beat PGrens and take on Panthers as well?

How do you counter Guards spam? Ostwind's don't seem to work as they can kill them, so what other AI can I use?

Also what the fuck is with this T34 ram ability? Its fucking bullshit, if they use it it should blow up the T34 and severly damage the other tank or kill it depending on health. But giving the other tank a main gun crit and the T34 surviving is jus crap and broken.

I understand the counter is to support your panther and have engineers close by, but they still doesn't negate the fact that the ability is just crap.

Why is it the Russians have all the bullshit abilities like T34 Ram, fire up for conscripts and button etc but Germans have fuck all?
20 Apr 2013, 08:02 AM

Have an MG to suppress them, get an AT gun for early T34s. If they get snipers to go with their Guards, you should have plenty of Grens and PGrens to just charge at them even if they have their Guards nearby, obligatory bundled grenades to soften up their own blob. If they try to rush your AT with T34s, use one panzerfaust on each of them for guaranteed engine damage.

Guards need to be still to do any damage. Don't try light vehicles (Flammenwerfers) if you see Guards, they'll eat them up. Don't rush AT guns with your tanks if you see Guards, they'll probably button it. Faust T34s always if they try to rush, then they lose their advantage of speed and their ram ability is disabled. Panzershreks got buffed, upgrade one squad of PGrens if you see multiple T34s.
20 Apr 2013, 08:04 AM
Coder Red Badge

Flamerspam solves all problems.
20 Apr 2013, 08:45 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

And Guards do not beat PGrens btw. And they have to stop to shoot with PTRS and DP28, which gives you a "small" window of opportunity to use bundle grenades
20 Apr 2013, 09:10 AM

Yesterday I had a german flamer halftrack drive straight through my AT gun field of fire only losing 25% HP, and burn my mortar and AT crew. Then he proceeded to riding by a IS 2 and an AT guns FoV going down to 20% health, and topped it off by charging a guard squad that was looking directly at it, and burning all but one to death in about 3 seconds. Flamers be crazy. :p
20 Apr 2013, 10:50 AM

And Guards do not beat PGrens btw. And they have to stop to shoot with PTRS and DP28, which gives you a "small" window of opportunity to use bundle grenades

Are we playing the same game? PGrens beating guards? The only time that would happen was if PGrens were in cover and the guards charged them and got a crit on the way in. Guards win every single other time.

That's assuming both are Vet 0 of course.
20 Apr 2013, 11:09 AM

Are we playing the same game? PGrens beating guards? The only time that would happen was if PGrens were in cover and the guards charged them and got a crit on the way in. Guards win every single other time.

That's assuming both are Vet 0 of course.

i think he means that pgren can win and quickly vet up with bundlenade , which currently must be the number one cause of deaths in coh2
20 Apr 2013, 11:17 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Well add me on Steam and we can make some tests then ;)

Also, are we talking of 1vs1 balance or other modes? (2vs2,3vs3,4vs4)
20 Apr 2013, 11:19 AM

Are you talking about Shock Troops or Guards? Cause Pgrens beat guards but shock troops beat Pgrens...

Btw sniper is great against elite infantry.
20 Apr 2013, 12:45 PM

Yeah well they might be Shock troops then, I'm not 100% sure, but they beat PGrens quite easily. I have to admit I have not played a lot of Russians, I have mostly been playing Germans, so I don't known the Russian unit composition all that well.

I just can't believe the amount of bullshit abilities/upgrades the Russians have compared to sweet fuck all the Germans have.

Button, heroic charge, hit the dirt, T34 Ram, molotov and AT nades, PPSH upgrade, satchel charges, the list goes on.

Relic give the German infantry some love please.

Also I am referring to 2v2 AT.

Me and my team mate have a fairly solid strategy that has been getting some good results for us. But the only time we seem to have problems is when one Russian guy spams, conscripts, Guards/Shock troops and the other one spams mortars, MG's, AT Guns, T34's and then spams the ram ability on our tanks, which pretty much renders them useless because they take so long to repair. That time delay gains them all the time they need to call in their rockets. Then the late game turns into an Arty fest.
20 Apr 2013, 12:52 PM

Well add me on Steam and we can make some tests then ;)

Also, are we talking of 1vs1 balance or other modes? (2vs2,3vs3,4vs4)

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about balance, because there has to be a way to counter it, but I'm just at a loss. Refer to my other post anyway.
20 Apr 2013, 13:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

We'll see how the balance is in the upcoming 1vs1/2vs2 SNF beta tourney :)
20 Apr 2013, 16:46 PM

I just can't believe the amount of bullshit abilities/upgrades the Russians have compared to sweet fuck all the Germans have.

Button, heroic charge, hit the dirt, T34 Ram, molotov and AT nades, PPSH upgrade, satchel charges, the list goes on.

Relic give the German infantry some love please.

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about balance, because there has to be a way to counter it, but I'm just at a loss. Refer to my other post anyway.

Hmmm.

Anyway, shock troops don't have any AT abilities -- so you are talking about guards -- which absolutely do not win vs PGs unless you are being outmicroed badly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS