Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
2 Nov 2014, 07:02 AM

so, when can we expect this mod to be alive?
2 Nov 2014, 07:16 AM

This is one change I'll have to test to see how it performs. If it makes it to easy to blob with frontal assaults and completely break suppresion lines for 30 munitions then I will not agree with it. The initial ground gained plus the second ground gain from the suppression counter reset may be enough to overwhelm the HMG anyway. I'll have to test it though.

I could even see scenarios where an HMG is suppressing the Captain + 2 rifle squads, and the moment the HMG has to reload just use 'On Me!' and you win the engagement. Seems to easy and dull, like CoH1 ability blob style. It is for this reasoning that I dislike it, since it completely ignores the importance of placing your Captain in an aggresive yet safe position.

I think Relic's implementation of the 'On Me!' ability has a lot more tactical depth since you have to position the Captain in the correct position for it all to work. Relic just have not implemented the ideal ability since the range is huge an makes a mess of your whole frontline, rather than helping 1-2 squads in the same engagement. I agree it is a annoying pain to give +5 stop orders, but removing tactical awareness to make things mechanically easier? No thanks.

On the topic of pin point rallying with the ability it has never bothered me to be honest. If the USF player loses his whole blob because of it then thats the USF players fault in analyzing the risk vs. reward associated with using 'On Me!'.

2 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 07:02 AMMondeo
so, when can we expect this mod to be alive?
It's working right now. I just finished a match through the custom game lobby.
2 Nov 2014, 07:21 AM

This is one change I'll have to test to see how it performs. If it makes it to easy to blob with frontal assaults and completely break suppresion lines for 30 munitions then I will not agree with it. The initial ground gained plus the second ground gain from the suppression counter reset may be enough to overwhelm the HMG anyway. I'll have to test it though.

I could even see scenarios where an HMG is suppressing the Captain + 2 rifle squads, and the moment the HMG has to reload just use 'On Me!' and you win the engagement. Seems to easy and dull, like CoH1 ability blob style. It is for this reasoning that I dislike it, since it completely ignores the importance of placing your Captain in an aggresive yet safe position.

I think Relic's implementation of the 'On Me!' ability has a lot more tactical depth since you have to position the Captain in the correct position for it all to work. Relic just have not implemented the ideal ability since the range is huge an makes a mess of your whole frontline, rather than helping 1-2 squads in the same engagement. I agree it is a annoying pain to give +5 stop orders, but removing tactical awareness to make things mechanically easier? No thanks.

On the topic of pin point rallying with the ability it has never bothered me to be honest. If the USF player loses his whole blob because of it then thats the USF players fault in analyzing the risk vs. reward associated with using 'On Me!'.

Well, you know what I love about cruzz patching our game? He doesnt need a month to do a simple change. If this captains ability shall prove problematic, cruzz as far as I know him shall change it in a day. AS far as i see some of this changes are in alpha stage of testing.
2 Nov 2014, 08:05 AM

It's working right now. I just finished a match through the custom game lobby.

huh..should I install something.. only "No Mod" is shawn at "Tuning pack".
2 Nov 2014, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 08:05 AMMondeo

huh..should I install something.. only "No Mod" is shawn at "Tuning pack".
Just subscribe to it and it should automatically be downloaded.
2 Nov 2014, 08:26 AM

In that case, why not reduce the price of all call-in tanks that now require tech?

I potentially will for any unit I think only had value because of being able to bank MP and fuel for spamming it. EZ8 is not honestly not that strong, and heavily overlaps with the base sherman.

I do not consider spamming clicks to be tactical depth. Relic obviously did not want it to move team weapons either, because they specifically tried to limit it to not affect them with targeting in the ability file, but unfortunately for them the SCAR script they use for the forced move obviously does not take targeting into account. And we can't touch those SCAR scripts for now. So removing it is the only way to make it not drag all team weapons in range with it.

Now keeping that in mind, what would you make this ability do without changing it to something completely different from what it was before?
2 Nov 2014, 09:47 AM

I never said spam clicking adds tactical depth. I like tactical depth that the Captain has to placed in a safe yet aggressive position for it to work well, as opposed to being in the general area.

I would of just reduced the range of the ability heavily and leaved the rest as it were. I don't know if your able to change that though easily. Either way though each change would require a decent amount of testing I think to make a final call.
2 Nov 2014, 10:54 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 00:10 AMCruzz

Poll time:

What to do with vehicle death crits?

i think that the tank RNG is the one with the highest impact on the game, so reducing that would greatly increase the esportspotential

in my opinion, there should be no abandoned, its a bad mechanic (and even unrealistic)

death crits should not be random, so they should appear everytime in a certain circumstance or never

i dont know wether this is possible, but my approach would be, that if a shot would leave a tank within 5% to minus 5% of its health, it does a critical instead, depending on the direction:
front: main gun destroyed
sides: tank tracks destroyed
rear: engine destroyed

this may not be as exciting as vanilla, but it would also reward players with skill, who want a certain critical on the enemy tank and the enemy could be reacting
2 Nov 2014, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 23:19 PMtuvok
Really saddening that it takes a common player one afternoon to do more than Relic has been able to do in 18 months

Yea, but he wasn't busy working on overpriced DLC
2 Nov 2014, 11:33 AM

Yea, but he wasn't busy working on overpriced DLC

Sorry to be harsh but I'm sure that Cruzz's main job is not working on this patch. So he is not depending on the player's money.
Not the right thread to complain about that IMO.
2 Nov 2014, 11:34 AM

Sorry to be harsh but I'm sure that Cruzz's main job is not working on this patch. So he is not depending on the player's money.
Not the right thread to complain about that IMO.

I wasn't complaining. It was a joke towards Relic...
2 Nov 2014, 11:40 AM

I wasn't complaining. It was a joke towards Relic...

Yes I know in this case I just wanted to "protect" the people from Relic.
Players keep complaining about the single player DLC costing money but it doesn't seem like they keep in mind that Relic is also a company that has to earn money. And in addition it's a singleplayer only campaign so nobody who doesn't want to has to buy it.
And if it grants over 15 hours of gameplay I think 40€ are quite okay.
2 Nov 2014, 13:18 PM
Donator 11

i think that the tank RNG is the one with the highest impact on the game, so reducing that would greatly increase the esportspotential

in my opinion, there should be no abandoned, its a bad mechanic (and even unrealistic)

death crits should not be random, so they should appear everytime in a certain circumstance or never

i dont know wether this is possible, but my approach would be, that if a shot would leave a tank within 5% to minus 5% of its health, it does a critical instead, depending on the direction:
front: main gun destroyed
sides: tank tracks destroyed
rear: engine destroyed

this may not be as exciting as vanilla, but it would also reward players with skill, who want a certain critical on the enemy tank and the enemy could be reacting

Something like this!

Results need to be consistent. To a certain extend the behaviour should be guessable.
I like the idea of a certain damage range.

However I too do like abondons. But together with a track or engine critical that is.

2 Nov 2014, 13:26 PM
Donator 22

nice, an Elite Mod for Coh2.
This mod should be a cool spot for Relic too look up potential balance changes. Now and may be in the future also.
2 Nov 2014, 13:37 PM

For vehicle death crits I would be satisfied if the main-gun-destroyed death crit was replaced with immobilized. Main-gun-destroyed is just frustrating when the enemy gets away at full speed even when reduced to 0% health because the kill-shot only destroyed the main gun.

Abandon-vehicle crit is a fun mechanic that gives both players something to fight over, but it should only happen on tanks that have at least light engine damage so you can't steal it and speed away full speed for safe repairs back at base.
2 Nov 2014, 14:08 PM

Yes I know in this case I just wanted to "protect" the people from Relic.
Players keep complaining about the single player DLC costing money but it doesn't seem like they keep in mind that Relic is also a company that has to earn money.

Relic would probably have earned a lot more money from me if the game were balanced better, every time I think about buying some DLC commander I think of all the problems I have with the balance and forget all about it...
2 Nov 2014, 14:11 PM

Captain On Me area reduced to 30 from 45 (to try target the suppression removal in particular more closely). Accuracy buff duration increased from 8 seconds to 9.

T34/76 ram now always stuns target (previously only on deflection). Minimum range of ram from 17 to 14.

Paratrooper reinforce cost from 28MP to 30MP (to slightly penalize massing up blobs of paras)

Recon paradrop no longer drops in an atgun. Cost from 900MP to 760MP. Note: it will still drop an empty box because removing it seemed to require redoing the entire ability script.

Recon paratroopers now gain access to Thompson Assault Move, Recon paratroopers now have 4 SMGs (but no more free slots), 2 LMGs, or 2 zookas, with 33% chance for each (previously 50% for zookas and 25% for smg/lmg)

USF Mortar HT: Delayed fuse barrage range from 56 to 80. AOE mid damage changed from 0.15 to 0.35 on autoattack/barrage/delayed fuse barrage (matches ostheer mortar halftrack). Scatter values reduced slightly for all firing modes except White Phosphor

LEIG cost reduced by 40MP

Pack Howitzer cost reduced by 40MP

Stuart from 320HP to 400HP. This makes it a bit more of a midpoint between lieutenant and major vehicles rather than just a different light vehicle. Stuart cost from 240MP to 280MP

StuG G target size from 20 to 17 to match jagdpiv. StuG G penetration increased from 110-130 to 130-150 (to make it a bit more AT-support again in the post-PaK nerf world)

Changed EZ8 requirements to accept either Major or Lieutenant+Captain (USF has too few options as it is)

Fixed ML-20 howitzer hardpoints, vet2 -15% scatter bonus now properly applied (also made it visible on the targeting cone), -25% recharge time for barrage no longer stops working at vet3, howitzer can gain damage buff from soviet forward HQ/for mother russia, -5% recharge & -3% scatter bulletins will no longer stop working at vet3.

The same issue applies to the LEFH, will change that in the next update.

2 Nov 2014, 14:42 PM

I fear that Relic won't adapt the changes because they fear that their pride gets hurt when they openly accept that a community member did a better job in balancing than their team for months.

It's not better. It's simply against their design guidelines. That's why they won't put changes like that in.
2 Nov 2014, 14:48 PM

Suggestion on M-42, how about instead of allowing it into buildings, give it camo by default.

It was extremely easy to conceal this gun and it was used as ambush weapon in AT gun pockets.
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight