Login

russian armor

Kappatch - A minor rebalance mod

PAGES (17)down
1 Nov 2014, 14:54 PM

The dream is real!!!

Nice to see that the call-ins are fixed

Thats debatable. A lot of people would still save to spend fuel on the heavy call-ins and requiring a building doesn't change that. They should be limited to one at a time (at least the better ones) and have zero fuel cost, that way they support the units you choose to make in game rather than being your main armor force.
1 Nov 2014, 15:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'd love to see that Rear Echelon become at least viable in combat by buffing their dps a little bit and make them a bit more expensive at the same time.

But right now, it feels like they are shooting blanks at you.
1 Nov 2014, 16:05 PM

Thats debatable. A lot of people would still save to spend fuel on the heavy call-ins and requiring a building doesn't change that. They should be limited to one at a time (at least the better ones) and have zero fuel cost, that way they support the units you choose to make in game rather than being your main armor force.

It does change as it reduces the call-in spam, right now you can't save up 400 fuel and just wait for the cps, this change requires to spend that fuel for teching thus there won't be as many call-ins as we have in the live version atm.

But you are right...limiting them would be the best option, but having zero fuel cost is a bit too harsh imo...just look at the TA. It's possible to call it in at anytime because of the zero fuel cost, I had many games where I just pumped out vetted troops and had many armor, dugged in...saved up 800 mp and GG.
1 Nov 2014, 16:59 PM

It does change as it reduces the call-in spam, right now you can't save up 400 fuel and just wait for the cps, this change requires to spend that fuel for teching thus there won't be as many call-ins as we have in the live version atm.

But you are right...limiting them would be the best option, but having zero fuel cost is a bit too harsh imo...just look at the TA. It's possible to call it in at anytime because of the zero fuel cost, I had many games where I just pumped out vetted troops and had many armor, dugged in...saved up 800 mp and GG.

Requiring a tier building only slows you down a few minutes but it doesn't encourage you to actually use the building. Just make it and save the rest for heavies. In fact it usually wouldn't even delay the first heavy at all since most people already have more than enough fuel for it by the time they have the CP requirement. It would just slow the second heavy.

As far as the Tiger Ace goes, people just use the no fuel as an excuse for getting caught with their pants down when there is zero reason to be unprepared at that point in the game. Its not the GG unit it was when it came out, not even close. Having multiple Tigers is better than just one Ace.
1 Nov 2014, 17:15 PM

my 2cents on the crit system:

i really like the chance of capturing an abandoned vehicle. you need to be able to punish overextension of unsupported vehicles. thing is i do belive it should be tied to other crits
something like this:

damage that would destroy a vehicle is applied-> roll:

60% destroyed
15% out of control (silly)
10% main gun wrecked
10% heavy engine dmg
5% abandon (only if theres a engine crit[light/heavy]/main gun destroyed, if not -> destroyed)

so if theres no crit on the vehicle already it wont be abandoned and has a 65% chance of being blown up instantly
1 Nov 2014, 18:03 PM
Patrion 15

I love those new Light Anti-Tank mines on USF. Puma no longer worries me and I have no longer to speed up my tech just to counter it.
1 Nov 2014, 20:08 PM

Good stuff. Partisan changes are good so far. I'd also switch SU76 with T70.
1 Nov 2014, 21:27 PM

Cruzz, can you do something about the recon support company off map combat group?

That ability is really not worth 900mp...
1 Nov 2014, 22:25 PM

Tiger Ace sight radius from 50 to 40 (regular Tiger is 35), Tiger Ace callin cost changed to 720mp/100f
Elite Troops stun grenades & Sturmpio blinding grenade no longer disable retreat nor stop units from leaving houses.
Greyhound base gun damage from 40 to 80, aoe radius reduced to match Stuart 37mm. Greyhound cost from 280/40f to 280/50f.
Greyhound canister shot changed from guaranteed kill on all infantry hit to flat 40-60 damage on infantry in a larger radius. Freely targetable instead of squad targeting. Has 1 accuracy so is penalized against hitting things in cover and in retreat.
Removed forced move, 4 second suppression immunity from Captain's On Me ability, added 30 munition cost
Easy Eight now requires Major (in line with other stronger call-ins), Easy Eight cost reduced to 380/135
Soviet 45mm can now garrison and retreat like raketenwerfer, damage from 80 to 100 (so that it doesn't take 3 shots to kill a kubel)

Sure is frustrating to try work with the vehicle crit system.

Cruzz, can you do something about the recon support company off map combat group?

That ability is really not worth 900mp...

I'm gonna give them the special attacks for lmg and smg once I get around to it. Probably also just gonna give them the second LMG/one missing thompson.
1 Nov 2014, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 22:25 PMCruzz
Removed forced move, 4 second suppression immunity from Captain's On Me ability, added 30 munition cost.

Was anyone complaining about this? I don't see why it had to be nerfed into the ground, I've only ever seen it used once anyway, and the attack failed horribly.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 22:25 PMCruzz
Easy Eight now requires Major (in line with other stronger call-ins), Easy Eight cost reduced to 380/135

I think 380/135 is too low, considering far superior to the M4C which is also 380/135. It also makes the Panzer IV redundant, because a 125F tank isn't worth it when a much better tank can counter it for 135F.
1 Nov 2014, 22:55 PM

Was anyone complaining about this? I don't see why it had to be nerfed into the ground, I've only ever seen it used once anyway, and the attack failed horribly.

The thing is, I consider this a buff. The forced move was horribly bugged, forcing all your team weapons to start moving towards captain, while all surrounding infantry rushed into a single grenade wipe range on the captain.

Yes, the ability was free, and if you had godly APM you could micro new movement commands for the infantry before they managed to blob up on top of the captain. But for those of us without said godly micro it is now a very simple way to nullify suppression that isn't continuing (such as getting hit by a opel strafe) and gain a decent combat bonus for your units for a couple of seconds.

I think 380/135 is too low, considering far superior to the M4C which is also 380/135. It also makes the Panzer IV redundant, because a 125F tank isn't worth it when a much better tank can counter it for 135F.

Do the math on how many ez8s you'd have to build to make up for major considering you now save 20mp/10f per EZ8 but have to buy a 240mp/90f major. Comparing USF to Soviet units is apples to oranges, plus the M4C has notably better damage output against many targets due to the faster fire rate. Comparing to PIV is also apples to oranges, plus the PIV comes with more utility and better anti-infantry performance in exchange for crappier penetration.
1 Nov 2014, 22:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Of course people are complaining about it, it makes your entire army skillblob into one pixel on top of the captain, INCLUDING TEAM WEAPONS so that your opponent can conveniently destroy your entire army with one well placed indirect fire weapon of his choice.

So this way instead of creating a hilarious micro nightmare for yourself by clicking this button you just get a nice accuracy buff and your team weapons will hold still and do their job. The munitions cost isn't that much and suppression immunity (Fire Up! Heroic charge!) has always been stupid so it makes sense to remove it.
2 Nov 2014, 00:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I really really hate abilities like fire up and heroic charge, at least smoke grenades require some planning and timing before you're suprpressed
not a fan of this captain ability change
2 Nov 2014, 00:18 AM

please continue to further balance this. I played a few games and despite my initial misgivings I see that this is an extremely well thought out balance patch, I have a hard time going back to vanilla.
2 Nov 2014, 00:20 AM

please continue to further balance this. I played a few games and despite my initial misgivings I see that this is an extremely well thought out balance patch, I have a hard time going back to vanilla.
2 Nov 2014, 00:24 AM

I really really hate abilities like fire up and heroic charge, at least smoke grenades require some planning and timing before you're suprpressed
not a fan of this captain ability change

Just to make it clear, ability before:

Free
Remove suppression on all units affected, make all units ignore suppression for an additional 4 seconds
All units affected move faster for 4 seconds
All units gain 1.2 outgoing accuracy and 0.8 received accuracy for 8 seconds
Gives units a move order towards captain that will cancel if they are given any order

Ability now:

30 munitions
Remove suppression on all units
All units affected move faster for 4 seconds
All units gain 1.2 outgoing accuracy and 0.8 received accuracy for 8 seconds

I'll probably adjust it further later on, but I'd say it was more bullpudding before, both for the one using it because you suddenly had to stop all your units from going into a massive angry ball hungry for a grenade and the one on the receiving end if they were relying on suppression to do anything.
2 Nov 2014, 01:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 22:55 PMCruzz
Do the math on how many ez8s you'd have to build to make up for major considering you now save 20mp/10f per EZ8 but have to buy a 240mp/90f major.

In that case, why not reduce the price of all call-in tanks that now require tech?

Comparing USF to Soviet units is apples to oranges, plus the M4C has notably better damage output against many targets due to the faster fire rate.

But it still has inferior armour, penetration, spread, and DPS.

Comparing to PIV is also apples to oranges, plus the PIV comes with more utility and better anti-infantry performance in exchange for crappier penetration.

I'd argue the E8 has more utility due to smoke barrage, DPS is about the same except the hull MG's, but imo it makes up for it with the highly accurate gun and the other benefits I mentioned.
2 Nov 2014, 05:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2014, 00:20 AMbobop6
Screw vanilla, this is better. What good is all that testing and data collecting if one guy with a computer is all it takes to do better then what relic does in months.
2 Nov 2014, 05:36 AM

I understand why you changed the Captain's 'On me!' ability, however was it possible to keep the ability statistcally the same but just heavily reduce the range of the ability. If I were to change it I would make it so the range is equal (or just slightly more) to that of the Captain's line of sight.

That should help minimize literally a whole screen length of infantry/support units being dragged into the Captain without making it like CoH1 fire up mode.

Having the reduced range will mean it will only generally affect 1-2 squads in an engagement. If your Riflemen is suppressed and your Captain is the one that executes the flank, it slingshots that Rifle straight back into position hence further rewarding a flank. I really like the tactical way 'On Me!' works, just hate the massive amount of units it drags in. I want it to be just a 1 or 2 squad transaction.
2 Nov 2014, 05:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Well there's nothing stopping you from using On Me that way stephenn you'll just have to give the move order yourself. I think it's easier to give one or two move orders afterward than it is to stop ten move orders :D
PAGES (17)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
Germany 659
Netherlands 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %