Login

russian armor

AmiPolizeiFunk

PAGES (12)down
9 Feb 2014, 15:51 PM
Benefactor 3110

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 15:34 PMNoun
Relic never assured Ami that no new Commanders would be released during SNF. We specifically said that there would be new one's coming and reached an agreement to lock SNF at the already released Commanders.

ok sorry then, i was misinformed. I still think, that amis wish to promote the game as esport title, and relics different approach to this matter is responsible for a lot of the problems,which led to the outburst..

9 Feb 2014, 16:29 PM

I am somewhat surprised about all this. You can hear AmiPolizeiFunk ramble on in the background of every single Reborn stream (Xcom, Basilone, Pez, Marinez etc.), where he usually gets ignored by the subject streamer :D.
9 Feb 2014, 16:50 PM
Donator 22

Although I'm sure this isnt how Ami wanted it to happen, i think its good that it did. This is a PR blunder for Relic more than SNF or COH2.org. Their biggest fans and supporters who spent thousands of hours promoting it cant stand what they've done with COH2, at least its out on the table tbh.

jep, exactly what I thought. It is good that is is on the table. Would have happened anyhow sometime probably.

To be honest, I am glad to hear that Ami gets some money from Relic at all. I always thought that what he does is worth a fortune for Sega. If you were to hire someone to do that....
Sad to hear though this whole gigantic effort from him does not pay off. He really does a fabulous job. Again - If you tried to hire someone as good as him - tremendously difficult/expensive.

gl!
and have some fun!
9 Feb 2014, 18:30 PM

The VOD has been taken down so as not to showcase my incredibly bad Hearthstone play.
9 Feb 2014, 18:58 PM

The VOD has been taken down so as not to showcase my incredibly bad Hearthstone play.
I felt so sorry for you most of all Yoink that was pretty unfortunate hearthstone play throughout
9 Feb 2014, 20:06 PM

Yeah I'm depressed and bitter. SNF5 had less viewers than SNF4. Most of the times the top COH2 stream on this site has 40 viewers. It's not a good state of things. Even the best streamers only draw around 100-150. We were hoping for numbers in the thousands.

The five of us started spending our hours designing and coding this site before we had any idea that THQ was bankrupt and would be flipping Relic to the highest bidder last December. I'm impressed with what Relic did with the game under those circumstances, but we just don't have the kind of game currently that has a chance to become big in e-Sports, no matter how much we try to help it along the way.

My main beef is that I think the franchise has great eSports potential, but it is not being prioritized or capitalized upon. I believe it was designed toward a market that was known (campaign, ToW DLC, big team-game compstomps), instead of towards an emerging market that may have been more risky (eSports & competitions). I believe the former has a more immediate and short-term earnings potential, while the latter has a much larger long term earnings potential.

Yep bloody well said.
Also can I get a link to this video? It seems to be deleted, and quite frankly I've been waiting a long time to hear him speak these words that people are saying...
9 Feb 2014, 20:45 PM

Ami is right about everything he said. Much was expected from coh2 and most of us were led to believe that coh2 will be a huge step forward from coh1. The community was led to believe by the managers that coh2 will have tons of features etc.. and will not be p2w(tiger ace).
Imo coh2 is not a huge step forward from coh1 its a huge step sideways, which is really frustrating since most of coh1 fanbase, i would assume, wanted a better coh1 with shiny new graphics. lets not talk about balance. they are trying to balance stuff.
Lack of basic casting features has really rolled AMI over i believe. The replay system is absurd and outdated. we all know about chatrooms and leaderboards.

Money or no money I DONT CARE. All i know is that i didnt pay to watch SNF and I loved the show. The guys did a really good show as they have previously, so what if they made some money out of it.
9 Feb 2014, 20:51 PM

Whatever you said on that VOD Ami, you probably said the turth. I know you didn't have intentions to make it public, but I'm glad it happend. Maybe it will open some eyes.
ntd
9 Feb 2014, 21:18 PM
Admin Black Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 15:22 PMStoffa

After all this happened the founders of the site should have gone either way: A)play the game anyway, and support the community or B)voice their opinion, move on and play something else. Instead they choose neither: they did stick around and, like a broken record, kept telling everyone who would listen how disappointed they were with the successor of the game they loved.

Most of us, in fact, have moved on, that's why you never hear from us anymore. I don't go moping around the forums telling everyone that'll listen how disappointed I am in COH2, that'd be a waste of my time and would be completely counterproductive for the people who still enjoy the game. I didn't see the video but I'm pretty sure I know the gist of what was said, it's unfortunate that his views aired in that fashion but they're views shared by most the coh1 vets and the people who founded or help build this site.
9 Feb 2014, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2014, 21:18 PMntd

Most of us, in fact, have moved on, that's why you never hear from us anymore. I don't go moping around the forums telling everyone that'll listen how disappointed I am in COH2, that'd be a waste of my time and would be completely counterproductive for the people who still enjoy the game. I didn't see the video but I'm pretty sure I know the gist of what was said, it's unfortunate that his views aired in that fashion but they're views shared by most the coh1 vets and the people who founded or help build this site.

Fair enough ntd, I hope the bunch that still hang around follow your example. I'm far from a Relic fanboy, and I was also definitely expecting more of CoH2. What Ami said, however, went too far for him to still be plausible for me. He shat ALL over Relic, ALL over the game and basically hinted at simply doing it for the money. Now trying to trivialize that by saying "Yeah sorry I was just a bit frustrated"...sorry I ain't buying it.
9 Feb 2014, 22:01 PM

I think for me what it boils down to (and I probably should take my own advice here with regard to my initial post in this thread which probably should have been toned down a bit) is the way in which Ami said it and the way in which he approached everything.

There's always a right and a wrong way to say something or do something. Ami is absolutely entitled to his own opinion, as we all are, and no one can blame him for not finding the game interesting - that's fine. Just seems like it would have been much more professional and shown a lot more character if he had just said something like "Honestly I was hoping for more from CoH2 but given the state that it is in I'd rather not do a future SNF."

Saying just drastically negative things about Relic, about CoH2, about other casters (and in a more subtle manner about the community that legitimately enjoys coh2) just wasn't called for and was frankly tasteless. Just no reason to act that way, especially as a grown man who claims to love the series/community.

@ntd - I'd like to echo Stoffa's sentiments and say that I wish more were like you. I can completely respect anyone's decision to not like that game, not everyone is going to like it, but there are a handful of people that spend plenty of time on the forums undermining and shitting on CoH2 - many of us have told them multiple times that it just gets old. Would be nice if more people followed the example of you/Sepha/Twister/etc - they tried the game, they didn't like it, they moved on and don't waste anyone's time crying about it.

@Basoline - The posts between us are very off-topic for the subject matter of this thread, I'd be more than happy to continue our discussion via steam (ciez23) or you can PM me on here but we should both do our part in helping the thread stay on topic.

@pez - Not sure why you think I'm full of shit, I've provided Relic with tons of feedback in a variety of different ways and I've tried to help multiple members of the community. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like a good portion of people tend to respect me and my, generally spot-on insight, but... I guess you're entitled to your own opinion as well.
9 Feb 2014, 22:01 PM

Please, stop the conversation right now! Ami fanclub is really near to have more views and comments than mine fanclub, this must be stopped right now!!
9 Feb 2014, 22:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

barton voice of reason????
9 Feb 2014, 22:39 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Please, stop the conversation right now! Ami fanclub is really near to have more views and comments than mine fanclub, this must be stopped right now!!

... too soon?
9 Feb 2014, 23:12 PM

can i request that the conversation be moved into a separate topic? maybe even the posts that were already made? i doubt this discussion belongs here anyway (and that way barton gets what he wants too MVGame)
10 Feb 2014, 16:23 PM

A storm in a tea cup.
10 Feb 2014, 21:12 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Thanks Ami, your voice is our voice :P
14 Feb 2014, 15:57 PM
Coder Red Badge

I don't get how you can fault a guy for taking some money for doing something that takes a fucking ton of work and time. The argument that this is a hobby and something you do in your spare time, and "I wouldn't take money for doing this so you're a scumbag if you do" is fucking pathetic. I made nothing from my YouTube videos outside a tiny amount fro advertising, but if I was approached by a company and offered money for it, or if I managed to solicitate sponsorships of some sort, why the fuck would I turn that down? It would mean being able to justify putting even more time and effort into something I love doing, and doing an even better job as a result.

As for the content of what was said, the only people who are taking issue with it are the people who weren't here from the beginning and don't realize the immense frustration experienced by the people who were. I've had my fair share of disagreements with Ami over the years, but the fact of the matter is you can't really blame the guy for being piss because he was deceived and lied to and generally misled, regardless of whether the deception and lying and misleading was intentional or not.

We were promised DLC wouldn't affect gameplay. That turned out to be false. We were told Relic wanted to support the competitive community. That turned out to be bullshit. We were told competition-centric features like observer mode and better replay features were a priority. That was total lip service. Regardless of the intentions of Relic, the fact of the matter is we were told a whole bunch of shit, and we dedicated a lot of time because we believed it. As time goes by, it's becoming more and more clear how little truth most of the statements and assurances made pre-launch held.
14 Feb 2014, 16:40 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 15:57 PMInverse
We were promised DLC wouldn't affect gameplay. That turned out to be false. We were told Relic wanted to support the competitive community. That turned out to be bullshit. We were told competition-centric features like observer mode and better replay features were a priority. That was total lip service. Regardless of the intentions of Relic, the fact of the matter is we were told a whole bunch of shit, and we dedicated a lot of time because we believed it. As time goes by, it's becoming more and more clear how little truth most of the statements and assurances made pre-launch held.

Oooops.
This is really heavy stuff. Reading this, I am really surprised, all of you kept your mouth shut (at least here in the forum) for so long.
You really were patient.
Nice conduct, nice manners, or however you say that.
Thank you for telling.

Hard time for the two new community people at Relic to come on board. But good to have them. Welcome!
14 Feb 2014, 19:43 PM

Oooops.
This is really heavy stuff. Reading this, I am really surprised, all of you kept your mouth shut (at least here in the forum) for so long.
You really were patient.
Nice conduct, nice manners, or however you say that.
Thank you for telling.

Hard time for the two new community people at Relic to come on board. But good to have them. Welcome!

Sometimes truth hurts. Have to agree with Inverse.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment