Login

russian armor

Change KT with Panzer 4 battle group

26 Oct 2014, 22:46 PM

would be interesting for the meta. It would turn tank fights into more typical mediums on mediums type of thing. It would be cool to see how this would work out.

Right its kinda boring seeing just volks blobs and obers + pumas/luchs into Kingtigers or Panthers. With these proposed changes, you might being seeing some Panzer 4s with some Jgpz4 support perhaps. I think it would be a lot more fun
27 Oct 2014, 00:01 AM

Meh. The OKW PIV is useless, and this is not gonna change. I havent build one or faced one in a competitive game since ages.
Even if were to be made viable, it escapes me why anybody would prefer it over a Panther, seeing as the latter can actually fight allied heavies/call-ins.
As for the KT, likewise, I dont see much of a problem. It is rarely if ever built to start with quite simply since, as has already been stated, any semi-competent opponent will roll all over OKW if it tries to go straight for KT.
27 Oct 2014, 07:21 AM
Patrion 14

Meh. The OKW PIV is useless, and this is not gonna change. I havent build one or faced one in a competitive game since ages.
Even if were to be made viable, it escapes me why anybody would prefer it over a Panther, seeing as the latter can actually fight allied heavies/call-ins.
As for the KT, likewise, I dont see much of a problem. It is rarely if ever built to start with quite simply since, as has already been stated, any semi-competent opponent will roll all over OKW if it tries to go straight for KT.

Interestingly enough, I have started experimenting with an OKW t1->t2-> p4s build, and it is actually interesting. The P4s require about 140 munitions to become effective, but once they do, they really start to shine. If you come up against enemy armor, just switch to HEAT rounds and you can pen just about any allied armor short of an IS2 100% of the time. against infantry, the P4s just rape, and they gain vet exceedingly fast, making them even better. Finally, the signal intercept ability allows the P4s to keep an Eye on enemy armor across the map, allowing for fast hit-and-run attacks.

It is a very munitions heavy strategy, but with munitions conversion, you should be fine. It is also very micro intensive, but other than that I prefer the p4s to a panther. I even sometimes go for panther + panzer commander to support my p4s.
27 Oct 2014, 08:41 AM

The misleading thing about OKW's Panzer IV's is that they were worse than WM's Panzer IV's in several ways. Less armoured, less accurate gun, and weaker hull / coaxial machine guns. At least until you get the armour upgrade, you should treat them as you would a T-34/76 or Sherman, rather than a Wehrmacht Panzer IV.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★