Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and stuff

• This thread is locked
PAGES (28)down
15 Nov 2014, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 20:27 PMKatitof

Take away their 0.7 rec acc modifier and sure, why not.

And change their 50MP reinforcement cost into 25MP and hell yeah why not.
15 Nov 2014, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 18:55 PMKatitof

Clearly they don't care.

Days since you've said something remotely accurate are long forgotten.

Oh relic does care, but if you read my post correctly i said thet the opinions of the 2vs2 players are of significant less value as they dont understand their faction. and you dont understand the factions their strengths or their weaknesses. . it results in shitty threads like these. people complain about the most expensive AI unit in the game that comes late enough for you to have a tank out. they are on par with shocktroppers and i dont want to hear how bad you are with them. currently obers are fine.
and
15 Nov 2014, 20:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 20:37 PMJaigen

Oh relic does care, but if you read my post correctly i said thet the opinions of the 2vs2 players are of significant less value as they dont understand their faction. and you dont understand the factions their strengths or their weaknesses. . it results in shitty threads like these. people complain about the most expensive AI unit in the game that comes late enough for you to have a tank out. they are on par with shocktroppers and i dont want to hear how bad you are with them. currently obers are fine.

Sorry bro, but they are still broken in 1v1. It is just less of a problem because 1v1 games usually doesn't last as long.

What makes team games imbalanced also affects 1v1, and I say this as a 1v1 player only. Any game that goes into lategame is affected by several axis units that are over the top, such as obers and heavy tanks.

The problem is that these units does not just counter infantry (in the case of obers) or tanks (in the case of heavy tanks). These units completely invalidates previous infantry or medium tanks on the field. No cost justifies that, it doesn't matter if they are "expensive". Compared to what they do they are not expensive. Their efficiency is too high.

If a faction had a very expensive "build this and the game ends"-unit would ANY cost, like 2000MP, every justify it? Of course not.
15 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2014, 20:37 PMJaigen

So i guess top level players like Lemon, Ciez, and Romeo don't understand their factions well enough.
nee
18 Nov 2014, 01:44 AM

I agree with LMGs, they should be powerful but can't be fired on the move. That removes, on Obers' case, one guy of four, the guy with the best gun.
Vaz
21 Nov 2014, 10:38 AM

I just picked one of these up my last game, with a vet3 rifle squad. Wait sorry, it was a vet 1 rifle squad, they became vet3 increadibly fast. I beat an hmg34 from the front with it, before it could suppress my squad. I then approached a full health gren squad and on the first burst lopped off 25% of their health. The next burst wiped the entire squad, rofl.
21 Nov 2014, 14:28 PM

Bitching about being unable to beat a dedicated AI scuad with 1-3 scuads of infantry is just as dumb as complain about AT guns damaging tanks. Build some arty and problem solved, any blob will not last for much time to a Katyusha/Stuka/PW/Scott barrage.

But, it's much more easy cry on the forums than have some skills, huh?
21 Nov 2014, 14:31 PM

Still I'll bet Obers will receive some adjustments really soon.
21 Nov 2014, 15:03 PM

And change their 50MP reinforcement cost into 25MP and hell yeah why not.

And add 1 man to squad,and add upgrade to shreck, and let's call those guys Volksgrenadiers
21 Nov 2014, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 14:28 PMB4Z00K4
Bitching about being unable to beat a dedicated AI scuad with 1-3 scuads of infantry is just as dumb as complain about AT guns damaging tanks. Build some arty and problem solved, any blob will not last for much time to a Katyusha/Stuka/PW/Scott barrage.

But, it's much more easy cry on the forums than have some skills, huh?

You need to be quoted in every thread from now on about almost any unit on both sides being OP.
21 Nov 2014, 15:37 PM

I'm pretty impressed. 400+ posts here and were still on topic!
21 Nov 2014, 15:43 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 15:37 PMGdot
I'm pretty impressed. 400+ posts here and were still on topic!

Obers are obviously a highly controversial unit.

I think Obers are....fine. Please don't kill me for that comment :new:
21 Nov 2014, 15:48 PM

Obers are obviously a highly whined-about unit.

Fixed that one for you.

21 Nov 2014, 22:52 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2014, 15:48 PMRupert

Fixed that one for you.

22 Nov 2014, 01:02 AM

In their current state obersoldaten are horribly overpowered. Anyone who denies this is biased as hell.

They are overpowered for the following reason:

The lmg they carry does way too high damage. Almost every burst kills one member of the enemy squad. It is as if you snipe them one by one. The obersoldaten also fire their lmg on the move.

Don't tell me that the high purchase and reinforcement cost justifies their firepower. OKW is hampered in their fuel and ammo income.

22 Nov 2014, 01:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2014, 01:02 AMOssy
In their current state obersoldaten are horribly overpowered. Anyone who denies this is biased as hell.

So I'm not going to dispute whether or not obers are over powered, but your tone could use some work. Now people will just think:
"wow, this guy is not even going to debate at all, he is just a jerk who apparently knows he's right"

Just a tip, try to at least state things professionally so that others will even look at your post
22 Nov 2014, 02:53 AM

Don't tell me that the high purchase and reinforcement cost justifies their firepower. OKW is hampered in their fuel and ammo income.

You just said their cost doesn't justify why they're so good, then mentioned the reason they're so good.
22 Nov 2014, 03:37 AM

Permanently Banned
obers are op. simple...
22 Nov 2014, 08:29 AM

To bad for you it does warrant their performance especially since volks start out as one of the worst baseline infantry of the game.

obers are op. simple...

L2P . simple.
22 Nov 2014, 09:59 AM

There are 3 problems with Obers.
- LMG34. This weapon is insane. I picked it up yesterday with my Rifles. They were killing everything on their way.
- Veterancy. It's just wrong when vetted Obers are better at close range than vetted Shocks. Not to mention that they can suppress them befire engage.
- Bipod. Rifles, Paras, Grens... Everyone has to lay down to use LMG efficiently. That's normal. You can't be accurate at far distance if you are not using bipod. What about Obers? They just run and kill everything. They dont have to be stable to fight which is ridiculous. I mean, do tehy have arms from steel? Increase their close-medium range DPS but decrease far distance, or leave it but make them use bipod.

All of these points are little OP. Now imagine that they are combined in a single unit.
Oh wait... you dont have to imagine that
PAGES (28)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight