Login

russian armor

ISU-152 Overnerfed

PAGES (10)down
30 Oct 2014, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 03:13 AMNinjaWJ

aaaaand Jagdtiger wins

Except it rarely if ever kills shit, especially not an ISU, unless you are facing a beginner/imbecile. The only justification for its cost is that you dont more or less automatically lose the game once the ISU hits the field and successively kills all your vet infantry. Oh wait, he can still do that, he just needs to be a tad more careful and retreat once you have laid in a shot or two with your glorious Jagdtiger. And if you have chosen Ostheer for whatever reason....lets not go there. Meh relic. The boring/broken shit continues. YAAAAWN.

30 Oct 2014, 05:17 AM

have faith everyone. they will be changed...SOON(TM)
30 Oct 2014, 06:44 AM

Yawn, kid. Try some 1s, try some 2s, get some experience against meaningful opposition then come back to me. Virgin pontificating about his sexual exploits comes to mind, and no amount of gifs will change that.

This sort of reply pisses me off. Isn't everyone allowed to enjoy a fair and balanced game? No matter what size it is?

30 Oct 2014, 06:48 AM

This sort of reply pisses me off. Isn't everyone allowed to enjoy a fair and balanced game? No matter what size it is?

No, not if the factions aren't just recolors and remodels of each other.
30 Oct 2014, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 06:48 AMKatitof

No, not if the factions aren't just recolors and remodels of each other.

Not sure if there's sarcasm or not in there, but I think if it isn't sarcasm then somethings wrong with the game's design and the community if that's correct. 4v4s to 1v1s deserve to balanced to the best possible levels and no game made inherently better than any other.
30 Oct 2014, 06:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

cmon guys lets try and keep it clean. :)

(aka had to invis some posts)
30 Oct 2014, 06:58 AM

Not sure if there's sarcasm or not in there, but I think if it isn't sarcasm then somethings wrong with the game's design and the community if that's correct. 4v4s to 1v1s deserve to balanced to the best possible levels and no game made inherently better than any other.

No sarcasm, just raw experience with about 20 different RTS games across 20 years of my gaming career.
Its impossible to have big games and small games balanced if you don't go for complete mirror factions, because asymmetrical balance pretty much ensures that X in army A will be more effective then Y in army B, given 1v1 situation this might be perfectly balanced, but expanding on number of players(and sometimes resource inflation, like we have in coh2) the same X and Y can be completely overpowered and underpowered and there is nothing you can do about it.

Thats why no RTS game ever makes 3v3 or 4v4 torunaments that are serious-they are simply horribly imbalanced.
30 Oct 2014, 07:12 AM

I find it rather telling that you chose to be offended by my reply here...selective reading? Just FYI, since you apparently accuse me of some pseudo-elitism, I started out playing 4v4s as well, back in COH1, and I am certainly not indifferent to balance complaints pertaining to this game mode. That being said it of course does requires a good deal less individual skill in the manner unique to the COH franchise and bears much more resemblance to "generic" RTS games of the C&C variety, which is why I feel that in doubt it should take a backseat to the requirements of 1s and 2s.

Anyways, I (among many others) have gone to great lengths to detail in this very thread just why I perceive the ISU to be broken - and it is - only to be responded to in a rather puerile fashion by a gentleman who quite frankly lacks the germane experience to comment on the matter. Meh. Have a good one.
30 Oct 2014, 07:18 AM

Boys, you may have your toys back. ISU and JagdTiger are back. Garden!
30 Oct 2014, 09:01 AM
Patrion 310

I loved the change. The general idea of a heavyheavyheavy tank to take some extra effort to micro was awesome.
30 Oct 2014, 09:12 AM

They could just make isu, ele and jagdtiger have permanent hold fire on, in a way they won´t auto attack but when manually told to, they would still track their target etc. Best of both worlds, eh?
30 Oct 2014, 09:39 AM
Patrion 310

They could just make isu, ele and jagdtiger have permanent hold fire on, in a way they won´t auto attack but when manually told to, they would still track their target etc. Best of both worlds, eh?

hmm. I think the main idea of the change is it won't track it's target. This way it's still easy. Anyway, as far as ISU goes, it still wasn't nerfed sufficiently.
30 Oct 2014, 09:49 AM

I find it rather telling that you chose to be offended by my reply here...selective reading? Just FYI, since you apparently accuse me of some pseudo-elitism, I started out playing 4v4s as well, back in COH1, and I am certainly not indifferent to balance complaints pertaining to this game mode. That being said it of course does requires a good deal less individual skill in the manner unique to the COH franchise and bears much more resemblance to "generic" RTS games of the C&C variety, which is why I feel that in doubt it should take a backseat to the requirements of 1s and 2s.

Anyways, I (among many others) have gone to great lengths to detail in this very thread just why I perceive the ISU to be broken - and it is - only to be responded to in a rather puerile fashion by a gentleman who quite frankly lacks the germane experience to comment on the matter. Meh. Have a good one.

I agree that 4v4s can't be balanced and I agree that the ISU and Jagdtiger need a good going over in the balance department, but to discount a guy's comments on something simply because they prefer a different gamemode to you is silly. I'm not saying 4v4s should be preferenced, but it'd be nice if they were balanced somewhat. Hence the argument that there should be seperate balance for 3v3s and 4v4s compared to 1v1s and 2v2s...
30 Oct 2014, 10:33 AM

Yay the meta was about to change and the whining starts instanly.... until we have the two I-win-buttons back. How can Relic dare making easy mode unable so you finally have to use your brain?

R.I.P. old 2013 commanders, you could have come back but not with our 4vs4 players Q.Q
30 Oct 2014, 11:20 AM

It is not only in 4vs4 games. It it also in 2vs2. Every game JT and ISU. really no fun.
30 Oct 2014, 12:41 PM

Thank god, ISU added nothing but frustration to the gameplay. Same goes for JT.
30 Oct 2014, 12:54 PM

people were complaining that the ISU and Jagdtigers changes were the WRONG changes. I am pretty sure that people agree that they need to be changed, but the proposed changes in the beta were the wrong way to go and i agree with the people.
30 Oct 2014, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2014, 06:58 AMKatitof

No sarcasm, just raw experience with about 20 different RTS games across 20 years of my gaming career.
Its impossible to have big games and small games balanced if you don't go for complete mirror factions, because asymmetrical balance pretty much ensures that X in army A will be more effective then Y in army B, given 1v1 situation this might be perfectly balanced, but expanding on number of players(and sometimes resource inflation, like we have in coh2) the same X and Y can be completely overpowered and underpowered and there is nothing you can do about it.

Thats why no RTS game ever makes 3v3 or 4v4 torunaments that are serious-they are simply horribly imbalanced.

Well i was perfectly happy with the balance in COHO and the latest vcoh patch. so yes it can be balanced. Remember, balanced enough to be fun don't mean perfectly balanced. It mean that players skill should be the dominant factor in winning. But when a faction overall power bring too much impact into the game then the game won't be fun.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS