Login

russian armor

What the garden is this chat moderation bullpudding?

24 Oct 2014, 01:02 AM

Talking shit is a staple of video games. Is anybody else outraged that you can't say fuck or anything like that in the beta without virtual nanny saying "please be nice?"
24 Oct 2014, 01:26 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I for one hugely approve of the feature, but not your tone or language. Remember your manners! :D
24 Oct 2014, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 01:26 AMRomeo
I for one hugely approve of the feature, but not your tone or language. Remember your manners! :D
Wait, so you're saying you're in favor of the feature? Why not have it be an option? It regex's the chat for people with virgin eyes and everyone else can be as vulgar and offensive as they want :D everybody is happy.

Honestly I think it was a retarded idea. If I want to talk shit I'm going to bypass that filter every way I know how. I think a better idea would have been a mute function.
24 Oct 2014, 01:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

saying fuck shit or whatever isn't against the rules. being disrepectful to other users is.

pretend i said nothing i thought it was pertaining to .org anyways yea its kinda stupid i wish they added an option for those w ho didn't wish to see certain words. i mean cmon the game is rated M! that said the problem they are trying to solve won't be solved by this as being abusive to people doesn't require "cuss-words". you can on the flip side say all those words without being abusive towards someone as well so it doesn't really make sense.
24 Oct 2014, 01:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 01:42 AMWiFiDi
saying fuck shit or whatever isn't against the rules. being disrepectful to other users is.

It's moderated in the beta version of CoH2 now though. If you say fuck it turns into garden for example, and a little message shows up saying "remember to be nice"
24 Oct 2014, 01:45 AM

What the garden is this chat moderation bullpudding?

Talking pudding is a stable of video games. Is anybody else outrages that you can't say garden or anything like that in the beta without virtual nanny saying "please be nice?"

Your post has been moderated. Please stay polite to others.

- The Relic Entertainment all seeing eye
24 Oct 2014, 02:01 AM
Patrion 14

it may be lame, but i don't get why you are so worked up about it.
24 Oct 2014, 02:23 AM

Who cares? So don't curse.
24 Oct 2014, 02:24 AM

Who cares? So don't curse.

Well the units curse all the time so it just seems a little odd that they censor chat
24 Oct 2014, 02:30 AM

Well the units curse all the time so it just seems a little odd that they censor chat

Not at the other user they don't. It's not that weird when they are aiming for an E-Sport and trying to add more social aspects to the game.

I would have liked this and a mute option so I wouldn't have to listen to all the preteens and teens rage.
24 Oct 2014, 02:46 AM

Not at the other user they don't. It's not that weird when they are aiming for an E-Sport and trying to add more social aspects to the game.

I distinctly remember in one game (I only remember it happening once) my mortar halftrack as ostheer got a destoryed engine and he had about a hair of health and he literally screamed "THOSE FUCKING BASTARDS!". Was awesome.

But yeah I agree filtering language is fucking dick-shit retarded. The game is full of swears if you can't handle it you basically shouldn't be playing. This is fawking war!

Provide a chat filter that can be turned on/off for those that don't like it and provide mute functionally if specific players are being annoying.
24 Oct 2014, 02:47 AM

would rather just have an option to turn this on/off, and to have a mute function.
24 Oct 2014, 03:29 AM

I'd like a mute option. I happened to experience a sorry experience with prejudice and racism/xenophobia (my call would be xenophobia, but people tend to get confused by the terms). People are so ill-mannered sometimes.
24 Oct 2014, 03:29 AM

As someone who can't help but feed off the sweet tears of rage when people get angry, I still think this is a good feature. It doesn't affect me, but new players (or less desensitized players) will likely appreciate avoiding curses and broken english barraged at them.

Mute/ignore would be good, too.
24 Oct 2014, 03:59 AM

What the garden is this pudding? That pudding is so op.

Bullpudding game.

:lol:
24 Oct 2014, 04:13 AM

"good hunting" triggers me so I'm glad Relic added this feature
24 Oct 2014, 04:19 AM

Talking shit is a stable of video games. Is anybody else outrages that you can't say fuck or anything like that in the beta without virtual nanny saying "please be nice?"

Non-serious smack talk is great, but being a toxic little asshole isn't. And 95% of the time, it's the latter. I'm in favour of the funny censorships.
nee
24 Oct 2014, 05:44 AM

I prefer if the censor is a option you can put on the player in the player list in the match.
24 Oct 2014, 05:45 AM

As someone who can't help but feed off the sweet tears of rage when people get angry, I still think this is a good feature. It doesn't affect me, but new players (or less desensitized players) will likely appreciate avoiding curses and broken english barraged at them.

Mute/ignore would be good, too.
Sadist^2
24 Oct 2014, 05:53 AM

I find it hillarious. That virtual nanny. Anyway, it's overreacting. I was in a game last night, a verry tight one and my partner pointed me a squad of mine that have left in one model (I was careless). Obviously, I hit the "T" button, and wanted to write "oh shit" but of course I posted "oh flowers" or something like that. And the virtual nanny admonished me. I had a good laugh. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★