Login

russian armor

Forget the pershing, Jumbo 76 is where it's at

29 Oct 2014, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2014, 09:04 AMaradim
A jumbo would be a worse easy eight, being better only in having slightly better armor, the easy eight was the last evolution of the sherman tank, a jumbo in the game would be a slightly worse KV1.

How many times do I have to say this? The "E" meant "Experimental", it was not a linear progression of models. The E8 was also not "the last evolution of the sherman tank", there were many post-war variants made by other countries, most notably (imo) the Israeli M-50 and M-51 Shermans. Finally, the KV-1 was made in 1939 and could be penetrated frontally by the Panzer IV KwK 40, the M4A3E2 was made in 1944 and could not be frontally penetrated by the Tiger I KwK 36 except at point-blank range. Comparing both tanks defense to the Tiger I, the Jumbo is clearly superior.
nee
29 Oct 2014, 18:21 PM

I think he was just comparing game vehicles, and if true, I also think you need to calm down.
29 Oct 2014, 18:50 PM

How many times do I have to say this? The "E" meant "Experimental", it was not a linear progression of models. The E8 was also not "the last evolution of the sherman tank", there were many post-war variants made by other countries, most notably (imo) the Israeli M-50 and M-51 Shermans. Finally, the KV-1 was made in 1939 and could be penetrated frontally by the Panzer IV KwK 40, the M4A3E2 was made in 1944 and could not be frontally penetrated by the Tiger I KwK 36 except at point-blank range. Comparing both tanks defense to the Tiger I, the Jumbo is clearly superior.

Exactly. The M4A1/2/3(76)W, the M4A3E2, etc were all seperate variants which were all produced simultanously.

In reality the latest evolution of the M4A3(75)W is this:

The late-production model that the USF have in-game.

But anyway the thread has been derailed enough, I think the best thing to do now is to lock this or something.
29 Oct 2014, 18:52 PM

so much fail in this thread ...

SRSLY who bases the fanction of a unit in coh2 to the actual stats ?

either a fat sherman or a pershing usf can use a decent heavy tank to bring parity against the other heavies , preferably both in different doctrines .

Another unit that could be made is the sherman grizzly in the form of a slightly better armored sherman with better movement in the snow , in an assault engies doctrine perhaps to make it more interesting
29 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2014, 18:52 PMkafrion
so much fail in this thread ...

SRSLY who bases the fanction of a unit in coh2 to the actual stats ?

either a fat sherman or a pershing usf can use a decent heavy tank to bring parity against the other heavies , preferably both in different doctrines .

Another unit that could be made is the sherman grizzly in the form of a slightly better armored sherman with better movement in the snow , in an assault engies doctrine perhaps to make it more interesting

But the Sherman Grizzly was Canadian.
nee
29 Oct 2014, 19:35 PM

But the Sherman Grizzly was Canadian.
And more importantly would only really be better in matches featuring snow maps.
29 Oct 2014, 20:19 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2014, 17:22 PMAffe

OMG. M36 frontal armor was 60mm. 108mm(or 114) was the LOWER hull armor. These didnt Play any role because tanks can only shoot at the UPPER part of other tanks.Tanks from ww2 can not lower there gun enough to hit the lower hull.

lower hull is the level where the tracks are tanks dont aim at this low Level they aim the upper part or the turret.

http://i.imgur.com/CkADS2B.png

Have you ever heard of IS-3? It was a russian heavy tank developed during the war but first seen during the parade after the end of war in Berlin. It was the first tank ever designed by testing where it is most possible for the enemy to hit and then giving it best armour where it is. Imagine that after the turret it's best armoured part is lower hull (taking into consideration the angle, btw if you think of angle that 60mm upper hull in m36 is more durable than tigers one).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★