Login

russian armor

Has the Molotov scaled well into the western front armies?

22 Oct 2014, 17:48 PM

I feel it uh, hasn't. Way too slow to be of any effect on a noticeable axis player but I have seen it do good and bad range of damage. I am annoying how I can throw one at a MG in a building and if he sits there for a bit then hops out he will be ok, then again I have seen it kill two units of a squad before they can react so...

Thoughts? I hope relic sees this.
22 Oct 2014, 20:25 PM

I think they are good, sure they are avoidable but so are most (if not all grenades) use them to force players away from cover or out of a house. If they sit there they will die or take heavy damage.
22 Oct 2014, 22:17 PM

I feel it uh, hasn't. Way too slow to be of any effect on a noticeable axis player but I have seen it do good and bad range of damage. I am annoying how I can throw one at a MG in a building and if he sits there for a bit then hops out he will be ok, then again I have seen it kill two units of a squad before they can react so...

Thoughts? I hope relic sees this.

I've seen molotovs kill off 3/4 of a squad and even one-shot entire Panzergren squads on impact. It's RNG but it's also pretty devastating when used right.
22 Oct 2014, 22:30 PM

use it to force weapon teams, garrisons, and units in cover to move. dont rely too much on its damage as the flame crits are rather random, but take advantage of the oppurtunity to shoot at units that are out of cover, or to move up after an mg has been forced to retreat/relocate.
23 Oct 2014, 01:32 AM

One wiped my Grenadier squad once. Ugh. My next door neighbour probably thought I had lost my mind at that point.

When you look at them as area control weapons first and foremost, they still seem pretty useful.
23 Oct 2014, 17:26 PM

It's good used when blocking enemy units from coming close, like Fallschirmjäger, Assault Grens, or Sturmpios, force team weapons to move, get enemies out of cover, block buildings by throwing them into it before or exactly when an enemy enters it. Small passages can be blocked to allow your troops to retreat or relocate, deny enemies the control over team-weapons until reinforcements arrives, etc.

Molotov's can be used to deal good damage and crit wounded soldiers, but they can used to force your enemy to move and pay more attention, deny cover, buildings, etc.

It's also good to fake to throw it, force the enemy to move and still be able to throw a cocktail.

Don't kill, but harass, deny and annoy your foe and then deal the damage.

Cheers
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS