Login

russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
22 Oct 2014, 22:54 PM

now I'm fine with dem squadwipes. it requires skill now

i agree completly with this change,is it fair they call in isu then go for smoking,drinking....and watching how isu destroy all squad(AT, infantry.....) easily?! no
22 Oct 2014, 22:59 PM

Wow I can't believe that people really are complaining about the ISU/Jagdtiger nerfs.
These units broke the game so much that I would say it would even be better to go a step further and remove them from the entire game.
22 Oct 2014, 23:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 22:46 PMtuvok
Looks like capwalking is no longer a thing?

No more "defusing" mines with 1 man ?
22 Oct 2014, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 19:13 PMKatitof

Given that buildings can be taken down by small arms as well?
I'm not entirely convinced.

Might help against stuka one shooting it thou.

Only very weak buildings can be taken down by small arms fire. If someone sets up a FHQ in a tool shed, it's the player's fault.
22 Oct 2014, 23:48 PM

i tried out the Jagd last night and its actually quite fun being able to direct fire it. its still definitely able to hit things quite well but it is rather reliant on player skill now (which i think is a good thing), and i was able to kill scotts with ease. its even capable of sniping support weapons and clumped up infantry as well.

How does it perform against moving targets ?

I'm a bit sad about state of current OKW. So far the patchnotes dont change much in terms of gameplay for OKW. Still same boring build and if you try something else you get obliterated.

22 Oct 2014, 23:49 PM

The inability to play as soviets and ostheer was resolved, i just played a game with soviets vs OKW
How so? Ostheer is buttfucked with pioneer and Pak nerf. Added to that Bars seem to be able to run directly into MG42s again.

If anything, Ostheer is harder to play now.
23 Oct 2014, 00:04 AM

Im not sure about that, but didnt they say you can create observer groups to watch replays? (not only observe "live" or "live conserved" matches)

And they also said something like "Now you can watch a game with your friends and everybody sees the same", i thought they will give the screen to the groupleader and all others see what hes doing... would be a nice feature to analize games together.

Somebody knows??
23 Oct 2014, 00:18 AM

How so? Ostheer is buttfucked with pioneer and Pak nerf. Added to that Bars seem to be able to run directly into MG42s again.

He was referring to the bug when players were unable to play as Ost and SU until a day after open beta went live.
23 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 23:48 PMGacul

How does it perform against moving targets ?

I'm a bit sad about state of current OKW. So far the patchnotes dont change much in terms of gameplay for OKW. Still same boring build and if you try something else you get obliterated.

its a lot harder to hit moving targets, and there is slight scatter as well. not sure what you mean when you say same boring build when theres are quite a few builds that work, and going either mechanized or battlegroup first seems viable to me.
23 Oct 2014, 02:49 AM

Cover change is amazing. Infantry no longer runs out and get suppressed in green cover all the time.

Flak half-track really good now, always hits and wipes squads left and right.

ISU destroyed. Given slow turn rate and fire animation it almost impossible to hit not only moving tanks but even infantry.

On the other hand, if i not mistaken, JT were buffed. Turn rate and mobility seems a lot better, its not that hard to hit moving tanks with little prediction thanks to excellent firing animation, and JT no longer dazed from hits (but thats maybe because i played with JT against Wehrmacht and OKW).
23 Oct 2014, 06:39 AM

But something that looks pretty stupid on paper:

KT has faster reload than IS-2.

Pal, on paper it should look even worst. Did you know IS2s had a huge reload problem? People are accusing german mechanical failures but don't think one bit that the allied machines had their own problems. For instance, did you know that IS2 could not track a target? Because, in order to reload, the main gun should be brought in the standard position (perfectly parallel with the hull). To put it simply: you aim, you shoot, and unfortunatelly you miss. You want to reload, yes? Well you have to lose your target, bring the main gun in the standard position, then aim again. What reload? I am pretty sure that a Tiger or even KT could fire at list 2 times untill a new IS2 shot. You think reload time for IS-2 in COH it's unrealistic? Think again.
23 Oct 2014, 07:06 AM

whats the problem? pak 40 still shots faster and has got higher penetration than th zis3..so what?

23 Oct 2014, 07:14 AM

But something that looks pretty stupid on paper:

KT has faster reload than IS-2.

KT got Flak 43 (AA gun, but mounted in tank was named KwK), IS2 was got gun fired separate loading. Fire of rate 2 shoot per minute. So, game is right
23 Oct 2014, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:14 AMFrost

KT got Flak 43 (AA gun, but mounted in tank was named KwK), IS2 was got gun fired separate loading. Fire of rate 2 shoot per minute. So, game is right
Not trying to be a jerk but it's the Pak 43 on the tank it's called the KwK43. The flak 43 is the thing on the Ostwind.
23 Oct 2014, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:17 AMsteel
Not trying to be a jerk but it's the Pak 43 on the tank it's called the KwK43. The flak 43 is the thing on the Ostwind.

nice, now i cant get rid of the mental picture of a massive KT tank with that flak43 mounted in its turret...
23 Oct 2014, 08:21 AM
Donator 11

Tellers still dealing 0 damage sometimes :(
23 Oct 2014, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:14 AMFrost

and the gun is pitifully weak and inaccurate
23 Oct 2014, 14:40 PM

its a lot harder to hit moving targets, and there is slight scatter as well. not sure what you mean when you say same boring build when theres are quite a few builds that work, and going either mechanized or battlegroup first seems viable to me.

I'm a average player. When I started to play as OKW I was a noob and I was facing other noobs so the build wasn't that important. As I got better and started to get matched against better players Ive noticed that its either puma or Im going to loose the game. By watching casters on Twitch I see that most of the time they go for the puma too.

BTW your avatar starts to hypnotize me *.*
23 Oct 2014, 15:01 PM

Guys arguing, it's a fucking beta. The point is they make large controversial changes so we can test them
23 Oct 2014, 15:06 PM

Guys arguing, it's a fucking beta. The point is they make large controversial changes so we can test them

That is why it's a good idea to argue.
The beta is here exactly for the sole reason of everyone crying about changes that were not needed or for perhaps implemented not in the best way.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS