Login

russian armor

Soviet T1 unbeatable?

19 Oct 2014, 19:44 PM

The reason why I quited playing OKW 1v1 and getting back to COH1.

M3 can melt Kubel in 3 secs, push away the stumpio (and eventually able to squad wipe), with
JUST MERELY MOVE COMMAND, uncounterable until first screck (NERFED), Rakentenwerfer is a joke, unless the Soviet player is retarded.

Penals making Volks like a child playing toy guns, with flamethrowers even able to kill stumpio. Camping in buildings making it almost unable to flush them out unless you have Stuka in 8 mins mark. (If you get Stuka, good luck with the T34 rush)

Then Snipers, fuck snipers. There is from a little hope into no counter after Kubel nerf.

Guards, very viable vs OKW, vetting quite fast with DP, stand toe to toe with Falls, ROFL.

Guards motor T34/85 dual call in, good luck if you have no panther.
19 Oct 2014, 19:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 19:44 PMPorygon
The reason why I quited playing OKW 1v1.

M3 can melt Kubel in 3 secs, push away the stumpio (and eventually able to squad wipe), with
JUST MERELY MOVE COMMAND

Penals making Volks like a child playing toy guns, with flamethrowers even able to kill stumpio. Camping in buildings making it almost unable to flush them out unless you have Stuka in 8 mins mark. (If you get Stuka, good luck with the T34 rush)

Then Snipers, fuck snipers. There is from a little hope into no counter after Kubel nerf.

Guards, very viable vs OKW, vetting quite fast with DP, stand toe to toe with Falls, ROFL.

Guards motor T34/85 dual call in, good luck if you have no panther.

Replay please,Pory, or it did not happen. You know the groundrules ;)
19 Oct 2014, 19:48 PM

Replay please,Pory, or it did not happen. You know the groundrules ;)

I didn't save them, I have long time not playing OKW 1v1 since I just gave it up. It is NOT enjoyable.
I was pissed Relic simply nerf OKW muni income in all mode just because OKW in 3v3 and 4v4 is godly OP.
19 Oct 2014, 19:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 19:48 PMPorygon

I didn't save them, I have long time not playing OKW 1v1 since I just gave it up. It is NOT enjoyable.

So, no replays......kk...when did you last play?
19 Oct 2014, 19:58 PM

So, no replays......kk...when did you last play?

Around a week after muni nerf. Anyway, the replays were dead because the map patch killing them.
19 Oct 2014, 20:05 PM

convert mun to fuel and
get a flak halftrack.
19 Oct 2014, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 20:05 PMy3ivan
convert mun to fuel and
get a flak halftrack.

:thumbsup: I like this human, he understands.

T1's big strength is that it allows a powerful early game and lots of pressure; its big weakess is that, apart from snipers, it's next to useless later in the game and it has nothing that can harm vehicles. Use the latter to your advantage; as OKW you only need to gather 55 fuel to get the halftrack, that's not a lot.
19 Oct 2014, 20:40 PM

please elaborate

4 engies t1 sniper , sniper . get t2 + guards and wait for ISU/85s

I have some replays uploaded of it in case you are interested . Or i can provide you with more in case you find these uploaded lackluster
19 Oct 2014, 21:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

it's next to useless later in the game and it has nothing that can harm vehicles. Use the latter to your advantage;

Please keep telling people that Soviet T1 has not AT.

It means they ignore me and micro elsewhere enabling me to take out their Puma with a satchel charge
19 Oct 2014, 21:55 PM

I actually haven't found the Soviet T1 opening that difficult as Ostheer, yet. I find so long as I inflict losses on the other player and stay competitive (and don't allow any wipes), I win due to the weak mid-late game of the Soviet player.

I tend to have a BO of: Gren, Gren, MG42, Gren, Mortar. When I use Elite Troops Doctrine, I vet my 3rd Gren. I support my MG42 with a Gren, and more times than not, due to the Soviet player needing to play aggressive with this build, they run their M5 right into MG fire and then a panzerfaust. Without an M5 or two, the build is helpess.
19 Oct 2014, 22:16 PM

Please keep telling people that Soviet T1 has not AT.

It means they ignore me and micro elsewhere enabling me to take out their Puma with a satchel charge

I miss da ol'button. Was quite devastating with satchel.
19 Oct 2014, 22:39 PM

Not sure why everyone is saying to use a Kubel, can someone explain that logic to me? M3's utterly annihilate Kubelwagens.
19 Oct 2014, 22:46 PM

In 2v2 games, the t1 sniper spam build is one of the hardest things to beat vs competent players. The hard counters to snipers get stopped pretty easy (aka mortars, luchs, armored car, ost sniper). The best unit to get would be OKW Stuka and hope you can get him on the retreat path. Or panzer fusiliers and hope they can get good RNG shots on him.
19 Oct 2014, 23:06 PM

Not sure why everyone is saying to use a Kubel, can someone explain that logic to me? M3's utterly annihilate Kubelwagens.

if you mirco your kübel well it will outlive the m3.

It beats m3 on long range , make sure you always keep it close to your pios and be ready to back up asap when you see m3 and its a good investment
19 Oct 2014, 23:38 PM

It beats m3 on long range , make sure you always keep it close to your pios and be ready to back up asap when you see m3 and its a good investment

Not since the damage reduction in the kubel patch, the M3's superior health and armour allow it to tank the Kubel's superior long range DPS long enough to kill it. Even before the recent patch, the victor was largely RNG based, but now it's certainly in the M3's favor.
20 Oct 2014, 01:13 AM

I actually haven't found the Soviet T1 opening that difficult as Ostheer, yet.

[...]
they run their M5 right into MG fire and then a panzerfaust.

Because the game match you only against bad players?

if you mirco your kübel well it will outlive the m3.

If you micro your m3 well it will outlive the kubel.
20 Oct 2014, 01:56 AM

Not that hard to deal with Soviet T1 when you volk spam into shreks into either fast p2, falls(pop em' out from behind buildings...), or ober spam(range adv vs snipers).
20 Oct 2014, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you micro your m3 well it will outlive the kubel.

I guess him being N°1 on OKW/SU ladder doesn't have any relevance on what he is saying.

Kubel: 7.0 speed, 4.5 acceleration
M3: 7.3 spd, 2 acceleration

Equip 5% increase max speed on Kubel bulletin >>> M3 can't catch you up.

What he is saying is that if you are not caught by surprise by the M3 (check opponents base for tech) you shouldn't be losing your Kubel. It's a game of constant kitting where you pull backwards while getting fire support from your SP.
20 Oct 2014, 05:44 AM

Keep 2 volks together RIP m3. go t2, convert fuel. go fast puma. meanwhile getting shreks on volks.

Generally you pick one, not both.

Maybe I got unlucky, but when I was faced with an M3 (CE inside) + 2 Penals, they killed by Kubel, killed by Sturms, and forced away my 2 Volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment