Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault - Steam Preorder soon

16 Oct 2014, 21:29 PM

CoH2 is going for around $44 Canadian on Steam right now. This single player expansion by itself is nearly that much. I expected around $20-$25, to be honest, since this is seen as the 2nd half of the WFA expansion. That would make WFA + AA roughly the price of the base game. Pretty surprised by $40.

WFA armies costs 20 euros or dollars i dunno, and this is just SP so:
1) Relic is bad financially and releases "this" to get easy money
2) Ardennes Assault is really good
16 Oct 2014, 21:36 PM

HochDeutscher do not! Standards, mein Freund! ;)

Otherwise,I agree with all you write ;)

I am sorry :)
16 Oct 2014, 22:14 PM

WFA armies costs 20 euros or dollars i dunno, and this is just SP so:
1) Relic is bad financially and releases "this" to get easy money
2) Ardennes Assault is really good

Maybe it is really good.

Matrix Games releases their Close Combat games for around $50, and people have been complaining about that for ages. They use outdated graphics, and most of their CC games are just remakes of previous ones. They defend their pricing by saying it's a "niche market". Maybe Relic is taking a page out of their book and using similar pricing for a campaign that looks like it may be a bit like a 3-D CC game.
16 Oct 2014, 22:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Relic's 5-year plan for CoH2 is to make CoH 3, 4, and 5 using the same engine and assets as CoH2, then to sell them for full price but as "DLC" for CoH2. At least, that is the only reason I can think of for why they would focus on content like this and price it this way. They really need to rethink the whole business model they have in place for this game.
17 Oct 2014, 10:32 AM

Relics/Segas favorite song...

C.R.E.A.M.

17 Oct 2014, 23:40 PM
Patrion 15

I guess hope of Pre-Order giving MP content is gone.
18 Oct 2014, 16:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 22:24 PMTobis
Relic's 5-year plan for CoH2 is to make CoH 3, 4, and 5 using the same engine and assets as CoH2, then to sell them for full price but as "DLC" for CoH2.

CoH2 is using the same engine and assets as CoH1. The entire Dawn of War franchise used the same engine as well.

A group of people made the Essence Engine and CoH1. Almost all of them left afterward and were replaced by the people who made everything that Relic is known for now. Opposing Fronts, Tales of Valor, CoH2/WFA/AA, and the DoW games.
18 Oct 2014, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 23:40 PMwillyto

SHIEETTT NOT BUYING
18 Oct 2014, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2014, 23:40 PMwillyto

Did the "no multiplayer content, exclusively single player campaign" line that was being repeated since the announcement of AA gave you* hope before? :huh:

*anyone expecting more then what was told-like they have not learned anything before over the past 18 months
18 Oct 2014, 18:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

I have had to lock one thread like this today, despite the whining of one ex-staff member, who did not even contribute to it.

Let me please remind you: we are on a free weekend with Relic - this is a chance for this board to be seen positively - this is not the time to show your negativity. If you do not understand this, this thread will also come to a sticky end.

Contrary to the false expectations of some posters, this board was not established to be an anti-Relic whine thread. Those who feel differently, are invited to post on the Official Forums.

18 Oct 2014, 18:16 PM

I have had to lock one thread like this today, despite the whining of one ex-staff member, who did not even contribute to it.

Let me please remind you: we are on a free weekend with Relic - this is a chance for this board to be seen positively - this is not the time to show your negativity. If you do not understand this, this thread will also come to a sticky end.

Contrary to the false expectations of some posters, this board was not established to be an anti-Relic whine thread. Those who feel differently, are invited to post on the Official Forums.

more players playing is a good thing for sure, but why pros must suffer :snfBarton: get matched with a total scrub isn't nice
18 Oct 2014, 18:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

more players playing is a good thing for sure, but why pros must suffer :snfBarton: get matched with a total scrub isn't nice

Totally agree - but that was not the thrust of my post

Gl with your next tourney :) - I have noted your generosity ;) No need to be embarrassed :)

18 Oct 2014, 18:27 PM

Hiding the truth will not change anything, only delay it and make it even worse afterwards.
18 Oct 2014, 18:27 PM

18 Oct 2014, 18:34 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2014, 18:27 PMBurts

Hiding the truth will not change anything, only delay it and make it even worse afterwards.

Your subjective definition of 'truth'? (for that is all it can be) Oh no no no....you are so very wrong. (We have the power, if needs be) Just follow the guidelines,and all will be fine :) Deflect at your peril ;)
18 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2014, 17:59 PMKatitof

Did the "no multiplayer content, exclusively single player campaign" line that was being repeated since the announcement of AA gave you* hope before? :huh:

*anyone expecting more then what was told-like they have not learned anything before over the past 18 months

I've not been playing CoH2 over the last 18 months so I'm not aware of everything that happened. I played during the Beta and then decided to wait until the game was on sale. Since they keep secret on everything I was hoping that they must be hiding something but I guess I'm wrong.

I had hope because I can't understand why Relic keep shooting to their own foot ignoring the community and going on their own releasing content no one actually asked for before taking care of the real need of the game and it's community. So for a moment I expected a bit more from them.

They even banned some people asking genuine questions about the DLC in their own stream while they allowed things like that:

As a game developer you can't just ignore criticism and go on your way specially if the criticism is founded in proof and the game itself it's in a bad state regarding bugs and problems with it.

Releasing a DLC won't fix those problems and they can't expect us to trust them now. I would like to play the DLC but of course not for 40€.

They can expect people to buy a game that is been played on an official stream by someone who doesn't even know how to play, it gives bad image to the game. Why would someone be excited about that campaign if a guy from Relic plays that campaing in hardest difficulty and still wins when playing like a newbie?
18 Oct 2014, 18:39 PM

Only 40 euros? I'll pre order or order without any hesitation. I have a good job, 40 euros is nothing. I spend more on a night out drinking. You're all hypocrites who will order the game when it's released regardless the price. This forum is nothing but complaining about Relic while you all play the game and post your vids and replays about how good you are and how good the game is. It's just soooooo uncool to say something good about the developers. And no, I'm no Relic developer, just a gamer who likes this game.
18 Oct 2014, 18:47 PM

Only 40 euros? I'll pre order or order without any hesitation. I have a good job, 40 euros is nothing. I spend more on a night out drinking. You're all hypocrites who will order the game when it's released regardless the price. This forum is nothing but complaining about Relic while you all play the game and post your vids and replays about how good you are and how good the game is. It's just soooooo uncool to say something good about the developers. And no, I'm no Relic developer, just a gamer who likes this game.

Not sure if sarcasm or serious.
18 Oct 2014, 18:47 PM

Your subjective definition of 'truth'? (for that is all it can be) Oh no no no....you are so very wrong. (We have the power, if needs be) Just follow the guidelines,and all will be fine :) Deflect at your peril ;)

Sorry, but trying to help someone who cannot help himself is a futile and pointless effort.

You very well know this.
18 Oct 2014, 19:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Meaning exactly what?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %